Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

1GB portable MP3 player for $20.00 after rebate.....

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 06-12-06, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

OfficeDepot.com - SanDisk® Sansa™ m240 1GB MP3 Player $99.99 with free shipping. Add something small to get just above $100, such as a box of paperclips or rubber bands, then apply the $20 off $100 code 21060584. A $50 mail-in rebate and a $10 mail-in rebate are available.

Inventory is regional, so it may be in-stock for some while out of stock for others.

"Enjoy your favorite songs anywhere! The Sansa m230/m240 lets you hear your favorite selections of music skip-free — even during vigorous exercise. The m230's 512MB memory can hold up to 120 MP3 songs (8-hour capacity) or 240 WMA songs (16-hour capacity), and the m240's 1GB memory can hold even more: up to 240 MP3s (16-hour capacity) or 480 WMAs (32-hour capacity). Set it on Repeat mode, and the device can play for up to 19 hours continuously on 1 battery! It also supports DRM WMA and Audible formats as well as Microsoft® PlaysForSure Subscription service. Plus, the built-in FM tuner features 20 presets for you to switch to radio when you need a change of pace.
The m200 Series lets you sort songs by artist, album, song title and genre, and you can even customize your own playlist; also lets you save important files to the m200 Series for file transfer to a computer via the included USB cable. It even has a voice recorder function that lets you record notes-to-self, so you won't forget to run that errand or to send flowers to a favorite relative for her birthday."
Old 06-13-06, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! I've been looking for a cheap one to tide me over until my bday (and for our upcoming ISLA trip), and this may work just fine.
I'll have to see if there's any reviews of this thing out there, but $20 may not be bad!
Old 06-13-06, 10:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine's out of stock already
Old 06-13-06, 11:27 AM

Woohoo! Got mine!

Read some reviews online, and it averages around the 7.5/8 mark out of 10. Not too bad!
Just placed the order. Forgot about the mini-fridge coupon I posted a while back - tried to use that, but it already expired. Oh well.
I added scissors to my order to put it over the $100 mark (which, I just happened to need scissors anyway!

Thanks Threat! (My friend - who I told about and ordered one as well - thanks you, too!)
I should get it Thursday!
Old 06-13-06, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not available in my area
Old 06-13-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have one of these and I'd highly recommend it. Very portable, very easy to use. Just get some new headphones and your good to go.
Old 06-13-06, 04:38 PM

No availability for me.
Old 06-13-06, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
The rebates expire 6/17, so don't wait if you are going to jump on this.
Old 06-13-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

None here
Old 06-13-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The Sku 544612 not available at your location.

SanDisk® Sansa™ m240 1GB MP3 Player

The Sku 544612 not available at your location.
Old 06-14-06, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Over at FW, people are claiming success pricematching this at Office Depot with Circuit City's $74.99 price. If that worked, the total cost after rebates would be $14.99+tax without the coupon. They then added enough to get the original total back over $100, and the coupon applied.

Just passing the info on and make no claims to its accuracy.

Last edited by SunMonkey; 06-14-06 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-14-06, 11:10 PM

Hmm, it gives me the option to backorder it. Can I get the rebate if I do that?
Old 06-14-06, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by bis22
Hmm, it gives me the option to backorder it. Can I get the rebate if I do that?
As per the rebates, they would need to be postmarked no later than 7/8/06.

So I guess if you backorder it and it doesnt arrive by the 8th just cancel the order.
Old 06-15-06, 10:00 AM

Boooo! Looks like they took it off their site now.
Old 06-20-06, 11:24 AM

What a headache!

I finally got mine yesterday. Apparently, OD decided that they would take the item off online - they said it was advertised in their circular that you had to get it in the store. However, when I went online to see if my store had it, I was instructed that I could only get it online. Anyhoo they cancelled my order...without telling me! I spoke with a local manager at an OD (who was EXCELLENT with customer service) and began to fight on my behalf. He gave me all kinds of names and numbers to call and complain. In the end, I was able to get the player for $19.99 + tax at the local OD.
I wouldn't have been mad if they would have told me in the beginning that it wasn't available. But I got an order confirmation, and delivery date and everything. But no player. And it took me calling several people before someone told me they were cancelling my order. I placed the order 6/13, and the they didn't cancel it until yesterday.

If you got the same problem I did, I have a number you can call.

Thanks again, threat! It was worth the fight.

Not to rub it in, but this thing is great! I highly recommend it.
Old 06-20-06, 11:25 AM

What a headache!

I finally got mine yesterday. Apparently, OD decided that they would take the item off online - they said it was advertised in their circular that you had to get it in the store. However, when I went online to see if my store had it, I was instructed that I could only get it online. Anyhoo they cancelled my order...without telling me - and after the rebate expiration. Which meant I wouldn't have known early enough to get it in store. I spoke with a local manager at an OD (who had EXCELLENT customer service) and began to fight on my behalf. He gave me all kinds of names and numbers to call and complain. In the end, I was able to get the player for $19.99 + tax at the local OD.
I wouldn't have been mad if they would have told me in the beginning that it wasn't available. But I got an order confirmation, delivery date and everything. But no player. And it took me calling several people before someone told me they were cancelling my order. I placed the order 6/13, and they didn't cancel it until yesterday.

Old 06-20-06, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by mounds37

Yes, please, mounds37, I'd very much appreciate the number. The same thing happened to me - order, confirmation, ship date, waited, waited, got the 27 cent paper clips shipped seperately in a very large box(!). Finally called and got runaround, no one could even tell me if my credit card was charged. So the order was cancelled, but I'm still annoyed...
Old 06-20-06, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mscott
Yes, please, mounds37, I'd very much appreciate the number. The same thing happened to me - order, confirmation, ship date, waited, waited, got the 27 cent paper clips shipped seperately in a very large box(!). Finally called and got runaround, no one could even tell me if my credit card was charged. So the order was cancelled, but I'm still annoyed...

At least your order was cancelled. For me, they decided to substitute the 2GB model (at a reduced price -- $108) without telling me. But the rebates don't apply to that model, so I have to go through the annoying hassle of returning the stupid thing.
Old 06-20-06, 05:55 PM

Mounds37,

I would also be interested in the phone number. I ordered one on the 13th, but it is still listed as "pending." I'm sure that isn't good news.

Thanks!

snyjunk
Old 06-20-06, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome new member snyjunk.
Old 06-23-06, 11:53 AM

Number

Yes, it's long and probably has typos - but I want to help!

Sorry for the late reply (no computer at home). Unfortunately, I have the number at home - However I WILL post the number on Monday ASAP.

If you have an OD near you, please call them and try to speak with a manager and tell them the situation. Apparently, they do not like the "CS" online at OD either, and will try to help. The manager over here ended up giving me the toll free number to try first (so it's on record), then their corporate office number (which I left at home) and told me to be transferred to the customer complaints. Once you get someone, ask to speak to their supervisor. If you get the name MARY WELLS, she is NOT the head - although she will tell you she is. I found this out later. She was very rude (which I sent a HUGE complaint letter, and so did the manager at the store - she even b*tched HIM out!). She's just an assistant. All she offered me was a $30 GC, which I refused. Then the manager also gave me his district manager phone. Once I spoke with the DM and told him everything, he was extremely helpful and offered to give me the mp3 player for the price I would have paid online. I brought all my paperwork to the store (including what would have been my rebates) and they took care of it. I was told by the store manager they have some $100/day customer thing where they can make things happy or something.

Does this help any? At least until I get you guys the number?

You have to jump through several hoops, but it could be possible!
Old 06-26-06, 04:24 PM

Number

Corporate Office
561-438-4800

Once again, be sure you don't get stuck with MARY WELLS (claims she's head of executive customer relations)

If you don't mind, she did offer me a $30 GC (which, technically, is worth more than the mp3 player in the end). But I wanted the player.

Hope this helps!

Oh - PS - the $100 store thing is called a "click and adjust price"