PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : G4

TJK18
06-07-06, 04:00 PM
The Only Good Show On G4 Is X-play.

thematahara
06-07-06, 04:35 PM
I cant stand x-play. They spend more time trying to be funny than to actually review the game.

G4 has gone WAYYYYYY downhill. Kind of like MTV, there is hardly anything about videogames on the channel anymore. Pretty soon you'll have to subscribe to G4 3 to see some videogame coverage.

Michael Corvin
06-07-06, 04:52 PM
:lol: I enjoy X-play but you do have to learn to tune out the skits & humor aimed at 10 year olds.

The rest is garbage. I'm sure I don't stand alone when I say that G4 has been nothing but shit since they took over techTV.

Mopower
06-07-06, 05:32 PM
I love the X-Play skits. The robot episode where they reviewed all robot games and had a sketch where a robot joined their office is still one of the funniest things I've seen on TV.

Other than that G4 is pretty much unwatchable. They really fucked their TechTV viewers up big time. And the projects the ex-TechTV guys have going are miles more entertaining and informative that G4 has ever been.

slop101
06-07-06, 05:32 PM
Attack of the Show was never good, BUT it was getting gradually more watchable before they overhauled it after E3, and now it's just unbearable.

XPlay can be hit and miss - they're reviews are usually spot-on, and I like how they hold fan-boys accountable for their shenanigans, but yeah, their "skits" are shit - though I do love Splinter Cell theater...

Drexl
06-07-06, 06:02 PM
Another sign they're going downhill: "Icons" is (was) a good show about videogames, covering legendary games and systems, and important people in the history of videogames.

Now, they're covering non-videogame subjects such as Kevin Smith and, get this, Michelle Rodriquez. On what planet is MR an icon, and in what field? Being a bitch?

BeanDip0001
06-07-06, 06:16 PM
:lol: I enjoy X-play but you do have to learn to tune out the skits & humor aimed at 10 year olds.

The rest is garbage. I'm sure I don't stand alone when I say that G4 has been nothing but shit since they took over techTV.

I agree, Tech TV was like the History or Discovery Channel, but for computer stuff. And G4 was for the gamers. Now Tech TV is gone which sucks ass, and G4 has turned into some MTV-VH1-We think we're cool TV station that really doesn't offer shit for gamers or techies or anyone else but 10 year olds who scream at you on xbox live.

Michael Ballack
06-07-06, 07:01 PM
I agree that they ruined both TechTV and themselves as a video game channel. How many episodes of Star Trek can you watch anyways? That's all that seems to be on when I tune in to that awful channel. I still watch xplay though. I like Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. The only reason I root for that channel to stay on the air is so that a guy like Adam Sessler can still have a job.

Goldberg74
06-07-06, 07:35 PM
Too bad you can't search for two letter words... this topic has been :horse: to death.

maingon
06-07-06, 07:39 PM
i watch x-play which isnt that bad morgan webb is hot, Attack of the show isnt too bad either

Michael Corvin
06-07-06, 10:37 PM
Too bad you can't search for two letter words... this topic has been :horse: to death.

Yes but there can never be enough hate for G4.

lawyer goodwill
06-07-06, 11:00 PM
Wow, I agree with ALL of the posts. Good call(s), folks. I have nothing to add (except these dots) ...

illini420
06-07-06, 11:05 PM
I watch Banzai! Place your bets now!!!

dadaluholla
06-08-06, 08:55 AM
I used to LOVE Attack of the Show. I was watching it almost everyday last year. But this new version is just terrible. Last night they had a guy shaving his pubes to test out some electric shavers. WTF?

fab
06-08-06, 11:08 AM
Attack of the Show pre-E3 had grown on me pretty well and I tuned in regularly, however like others have mentioned here it's way worse. That stupid banner at the bottom of the screen is ultra-annoying and I hate the new co-hosts. I stopped watching before the end of the first new-week.

--
fab

BeanDip0001
06-08-06, 02:02 PM
are you joking?????!??!!? WTF how in the hell did a show like screen savers turn into that shit on a stick.

CKMorpheus
06-08-06, 04:44 PM
I miss ZDTV. :(

nny
06-08-06, 06:20 PM
I was the biggest defender of AOTS, but I pretty much hate it now. I especially hate it considering I still feel the need to watch it to fulfill my Pereira needs. I really can't decide if I should still be watching this. I guess I'll give it the summer and if it hasn't improved when the fall season starts, I'll switch to only the Friday episodes.

I don't even really have a problem with Olivia or the news ticker. Everything on the show just feels worse than it used to. I used to love their skits, but I don't think I've seen a single good one since the revamp.

adamblast
06-08-06, 06:26 PM
On what planet is MR an icon, and in what field? Being a bitch?Um, no. Being a dyke bitch.

Nesbit
06-08-06, 06:32 PM
Icons is the only thing on there that I watch.

FantasticVSDoom
06-08-06, 06:34 PM
All I know is that Morgan Webb is the most annoying female on the face of this earth, and she is the single biggest reason this channel sucks. If she could STOP READING THE FUCKING TELEPROMPTER and be a little less robotic she might actually come across as likeable, but will still probably be only as funny as watching paint dry.

slop101
06-08-06, 08:22 PM
All I know is that Morgan Webb is the most annoying female on the face of this earth, and she is the single biggest reason this channel sucks. If she could STOP READING THE FUCKING TELEPROMPTER and be a little less robotic she might actually come across as likeable, but will still probably be only as funny as watching paint dry.Weird - I actually have the opposite impression of her...

marioxb
06-09-06, 11:07 AM
Here is what I wish they would show on G4, instead of Star Trek, Fast Lane, Man Show and everything else NOT video game related. There are plenty of old video game shows, movies and cartoons they could show, like:

(all cartoons unless otherwise noted)

Pac-Man
Pole Position
Dragon's Lair
Saturday Supercade (which was these cartoon segments):
**Donkey Kong
**Donkey Kong Jr.
**Frogger
**Pitfall
**Q*Bert
**Space Ace
The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! (which contained):
**Super Mario Bros. (cartoon)
**The Legend of Zelda (cartoon on Friday's episode)
Captain N: The Game Master (cartoon w/ various NES characters)
Captain N and the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
Captain N and the New Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Mega Man
Wing Commander Academy
Sonic the Hedgehog
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic Underground
Earthworm Jim
Double Dragon
Street Fighter: The Animated Series
Darkstalkers
Final Fight
Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins
Mortal Kombat: The Animated Series: Defenders of the Realm
Mortal Kombat: Conquest (live action series)
Maniac Mansion (live action series)
Video Power (version 1: NES/ Genesis review/ hint show that included):
**Power Team (cartoon with Acclaim characters of the time)
Video Power (version 2: game show)
Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego? (cartoon)
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (1991 game show)
Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? (1996 game show)
Nick Arcade (game show)
You Don't Know Jack! (game show)
Reboot (cartoon not really about a game, but characters in a computer)

That's not even including anime based on games (as there are way too many to list) and movies based on games. Did I miss anything?

Chew
06-09-06, 11:30 AM
Once Screen Savers switched to AOTS and started sucking, I only watched for the DVD segment on Tuesday.

Between the new format, the increasingly shortened segment (I think the last one I watched was 3 minutes), and the fact Chris Gore couldn't even recommend a rental on what could turn out to be the "DVD of the year" (Kingdom of Heaven 4 disc), I'm not even watching Tuesdays anymore.

slop101
06-09-06, 01:48 PM
...and the fact Chris Gore couldn't even recommend a rental on what could turn out to be the "DVD of the year" (Kingdom of Heaven 4 disc), I'm not even watching Tuesdays anymore.I saw that! And I couldn't believe it either. He says that the director just added "more talkey parts"... god forbid we get more character development. Not only did he not watch it, but he obviously did no research on it either, as almost all reviews of the director's cut were positive. But then he goes on to recommend some awful, awful stuff like High School Musical.