Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GRAW downloadable content update!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-06, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GRAW downloadable content update!

MEDIA ALERT: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ Xbox 360 - *Chapter 2 Content - Full List Revealed!*

June 7, 2006 – Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest videogame publishers, today announced the full list for the upcoming release of Chapter 2, an all new downloadable content (DLC) package coming up for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™. Scheduled to be available via the Xbox LIVE!™ Marketplace at the end of June, this massive quality premium content package will enrich and extend the original game by allowing players to continue the coop campaign through Nicaragua with four all new missions and extend their Live experience with 12 more playable maps. More information regarding the upcoming Chapter 2 content for GRAW will be announced in the near future. Until then, take a look below for an outline of content this huge update consists of and for access to new assets:

- Continuation of Co-op Campaign with 4 All New Missions in Chapter 2:
Coffee Plantation (Day) – Obviously, this takes place on a coffee plantation embedded deep in Nicaragua. The map is littered with good cover options that appear in the form of a centrally located plantation house, coffee processing equipment, growing coffee plants, and stacked bags of coffee beans ready for transport. The Ghosts’ overall goal of this mission is to eliminate the arms dealer and shut down his operations.

Shipping Port (Evening) – The next mission takes place at a shipping port and the Ghosts’ objective is to stop the enemy from smuggling weapons into the country. The player will interact with rebel troops through warehouses, decks of ships, and on massive shipping cranes. This night mission provides an eerie backdrop for Ghosts to move in take out the weapon shipments and ensure that the illegal smuggling of arms will stop.

River Depot (Dawn) – This map puts the Ghosts in a jungle area that the Rebel forces have infiltrated and are using for storing and shipping out illegal weapons. The goal of the Ghosts is to secure the warehouse facility that holds crucial information concerning the placement and shipment of weapons. As the player weaves through the jungle and eliminates the patrols of enemies, they must also destroy all the weapon shipments and keep the Rebels from extracting from the area. Massive trees, loads of weapon shipments, and enemy transports are unique characteristics of this mission.

Jungle Mine (Day) – The last mission in this co-op campaign chapter takes place in a mine that is vital to the Rebel force’s regime and the Ghosts are tasked with securing the area, destroying the weapons, and eliminating the Rebel leader. The central location on this map is the mine itself and it provides a place for multi-tiered gameplay surrounded by good cover. This mission provides a new gameplay experience for Ghost Recon fans and it will surely be one of the more memorable missions in GR history.

- 8 Revisited; Relit MP Adversarial Maps: 8 of GRAW’s favorite MP maps are revisited and relit for a new gameplay experience.
Fishing Village (Dusk)
Wharf (Late day)
Old Town (Morning)
Nowhere (Evening)
Coffee Plantation (Evening)
Shipping Port (Sunset)
River Depot (Day)
Jungle Mines (Evening)

- 2 New Game Types with 1 Game Mode - Team Battle: 2 all new game types add upon GRAW’s long list of available game types.
Team Blind Siege
Team Battle

- 2 New Camouflage Patterns: 2 all new camo patterns give new selections to further customize your character.
Canadian CADPAT
British DPM

- 4 New Character Customization Faces: 4 all new character faces with new camo patterns give new selections to further customize your character.
4 new faces with new camo

- 5 New Weapons: 5 new weapons give you even further selection on how to take out your foes.
SR-25 SD (Marksman)
Description - "7.62x51mmSS - Combining the power of the SR-25 rifle with a suppressor, the SR-25 SD Sniper rifle is lethal, accurate, and quiet."
Game Info - Silenced, 20 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for marksmen), Single Shot, 8x and 16x Zoom

M468 (Rifleman)
Description - "6.8x43mm - This updated version of the standard US carbine uses a larger round to provide greater lethality against both armored and unarmored targets."
Game Info - 28 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for grenadiers), Single Shot and Full Auto, 3x Zoom

M468/M320 (Grenadier)
Description - "6.8x43mm/40mm - The standard M468 with attached M320 grenade launcher provides a versatile dual-purpose firing platform."
Game Info - 28 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for grenadiers), Single Shot and Full Auto, 3x Zoom

AK-47 LMG (Gunner)
Description - "7.62x39mm - Modified from the classic AK-47 the AK-47 LMG includes a 75 round drum magazine, and shares most of the characteristics of the AK-47."
Game Info - 75 rounds per magazine, 6 mags (increased for gunners). Fully Auto Only, no zoom

SCAR-H SV (Rifleman)
Description - "7.62x51mm - This version of the SCAR-H rifle comes with a standard barrel and improved optics, making it better for long-range shooting."
Game Info - 20 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for riflemen), Single Shot, 2x and 4x Zoom
Old 06-07-06, 01:08 PM
LiK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GREAT news! now me and my buddies can beat more co-op levels. they're so much fun. and new weapons, yay
Old 06-07-06, 01:14 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wish they would have released a patch for some of the problems like tearing, but some of this stuf sounds good.
Old 06-07-06, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Any guess on the price? I hope it's 800 points or less.
Old 06-07-06, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That looks like a very healthy update. This would be $19.99 in stores at least.
Old 06-07-06, 02:29 PM

it should be free and round out the 1000 gamer points, since chapter 2 was always kept in mind for an extra 30 points. Either way, it should make me dust off my copy of GRAW for a day or two
Old 06-07-06, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by discostu1337
Either way, it should make me dust off my copy of GRAW for a day or two
Agreed, haven't played this in ages because i've been playing BF2 online everyday online. Like all of you say, how much?
Old 06-08-06, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts
Can any of the new maps be played as single player only?
Old 06-08-06, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, these are basically just RELIT maps? There is no NEW maps at all? That kinda sucks....400 points or less...anything more is a tradegy.
Old 06-08-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Co-op maps are new...but yeah, the others are just different lighting on existing maps.

I was talking with the PR guy and he said he doesn't even know the pricing details yet...and more than likely won't until just before it goes live.
Old 06-08-06, 01:48 PM
LiK

i hope they're not expensive but the coop stuff is def worth it. 5-7 friends and it's fun as hell.
Old 06-08-06, 08:06 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So will these now be mandatory to buy if you want to play online? I was so mad when I had to buy Battlefront 2 maps on my regular Xbox and then it died on me.
Old 06-09-06, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
I wish they would have released a patch for some of the problems like tearing, but some of this stuf sounds good.
Tearing?
Aaaaah, does your copy of GRAW cry? Poor thing.
Old 06-09-06, 12:12 PM
Mok

Originally Posted by Centurion
Tearing?
Aaaaah, does your copy of GRAW cry? Poor thing.

No but I do every time I try to play it
Old 06-10-06, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I was hoping they would take some of the control of ranked matches out of the "cheating" host's hands. Nothing like being put on a team of low level people versus 8 high ranking players; wearing very close to snow camo and getting booted if you happen to kill the higher level guys too many times.