Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Buy 100$ in dockers get a portable dvd player

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 06-05-06, 08:03 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I was surprised nobody posted the dockers deal at JC penney where you buy 100 dollars in Dockers apparel and get a portable dvd player. It's 6/4 to 6/10

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/portabledvdrebate.aspx?RefPageName=SpecialtySiteC.aspx&RefDeptID=469&RefCatID=4397&cmAMS_T=T7C&cmAMS_C=C5&CmCatId=HomePage|4397

http://www.portabledvdfordad.com/
Old 06-05-06, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, this seems like a smokin' deal to me. I need some new shorts and pants anyways. And there isn't even an additional shipping charge for the DVD Player.

Not sure on the specs for the player though, I couldn't find the info on the website since the ActiveX controls or whatever they are weren't really working for me. Whatever, can't beat the price.

Thanks for posting!
Old 06-05-06, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so does anyone have info on the specs for this DVD player? is it better/worse than the $88 one offered by Target this week?
Old 06-05-06, 08:21 PM

Well, assuming the player is the one that is show on the website, then the screen is wider than the width of a DVD at least. Not by much though. Also, the picture in the print ad shows it with a remote, so that's cool. Hopefully it comes with a rechargable battery and a car adapter. Who knows.

I just saw that you can do this deal with online purchases at jcp.com, sweet! [Until I saw that Shipping and Handling for a 2 pairs of shorts and 3 shirts is $18.95, or $40 for expedited. I think I'll just make the drive to the store.]

Last edited by illini420; 06-05-06 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-06-06, 08:19 AM

Thanks for the great deal, g. There is free standard shipping available on purchases over $49 through June 8 -- enter promo code "WPDADFS" at checkout. Another free shipping code, good through June 13, is "19COOKS".

Last edited by BMAG; 06-06-06 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-06-06, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by BMAG
Thanks for the great deal, g. There is free standard shipping available on purchases over $49 through June 8 -- enter promo code "WPDADFS" at checkout. Another free shipping code, good through June 13, is "19COOKS".

Thanks, might have to try that then. Anyone know if we'll have problems getting the free DVD player by ordering online. The redemption form says you have to send the original receipt. Do you get an original when ordering online? Thanks.
Old 06-06-06, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I will have to stop in this weekend and get some new pants. Thanks!
Old 06-07-06, 12:59 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
THESE SPECIFICATIONS WERE ADDED TO THE SITE

8-Inch LCD Portable DVD Player
Super Clear Picture Full Screen Display
Pixel: 480 x 600
Super Anti-Shock
TV Receiver
Disk Format: DVD/SVCD/VCD/CD/MP3/MP4
Strong Lithium Battery, Plays 2.5 hours Continuously
Adapter Power: AC 100-240V
Accessories:
Remote Control
Lithium Battery
A/V Cable
Adaptor
Car Adaptor
Operating Manual
Old 06-07-06, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

does that mean it only displays full screen images?
Old 06-07-06, 05:48 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I assume that means it has a 4:3 display and letterboxes everything else (like a standard tv).
Old 06-07-06, 08:31 AM

Interesting. It is a totally different model from what they were showing yesterday (a 7" widescreen display). I was planning on using mine to catch up on a ton of "TV on DVD" while on the train, so this 4:3 model will suit my purposes, as native 4:3 media will be nearly twice as large as on a 7" widescreen display. And of course letter-boxed widescreen media will display at a slightly larger size than on a 7" widescreen. (http://www.cavecreations.com/tv2.cgi)
Old 06-07-06, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by g
I was surprised nobody posted the dockers deal at JC penney where you buy 100 dollars in Dockers apparel and get a portable dvd player. It's 6/4 to 6/10

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/portabledvdrebate.aspx?RefPageName=SpecialtySiteC.aspx&RefDeptID=469&RefCatID=4397&cmAMS_T=T7C&cmAMS_C=C5&CmCatId=HomePage|4397

http://www.portabledvdfordad.com/

Thank you so much for posting this. I just placed an order. I needed some more shorts anyways, my fat a$$ just "graduated" out of 34's into 36's so I need a new wardrobe and the Portable DVD player was an amazing bonus. 1 question though.

I have not used my penny's credit card in many many years. Do these things ever expire? Thats what I used for my payment and I would hate to see the order hung up because of a stupid thing like that.Thanks again for posting this!
Old 06-09-06, 11:17 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is cool. Just like the deal last year of $100 Dockers for a free TiVo, which I did. Probably won't do this one, as I don't really need the stuff, though you never know.
Old 06-09-06, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by illini420
Thanks, might have to try that then. Anyone know if we'll have problems getting the free DVD player by ordering online. The redemption form says you have to send the original receipt. Do you get an original when ordering online? Thanks.
The FAQ section of the site clearly states you can buy them at www.jcp.com, so I imagine you'll be fine.
Old 06-09-06, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw this discussed on another forum and they pretty much concluded that this is the particular dvd player in question:
http://lehuasz.diytrade.com/sdp/3559...31-841053.html
Old 06-09-06, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jeraden
Saw this discussed on another forum and they pretty much concluded that this is the particular dvd player in question:
http://lehuasz.diytrade.com/sdp/3559...31-841053.html
And I am really looking forward to this feature: "Delicacy, super thin surface design enjoy super excellent individual lift savor"

Old 06-12-06, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
i needed a couple new pairs of pants anyways.. so i sent corrie to jc penneys.. between those and fathers day presents for my dad and father-in-law, $100 was an easy mark to hit.. the portable dvd player will just be a bonus
Old 07-12-06, 02:36 PM

I got screwed

I was looking through my spam folder today and the filter must have thrown an e-mail in there from 7-6-2006. It came from ([email protected]) The e-mail told me:

You are receiving this notification because you have not complied with the terms of the offer due to the following reasons:

The purchase was made before or after this rebate offer.
Incorrect or insufficient product(s) purchased for this rebate offer.
Original/Copy of rebate form was not complete or not included.

*I followed all the instructions to a tee, plus I triple checked it before I sent it out*

I immediately called jcpenny and they gave me a 1 888 number to thier jcpenny rebate center ( 1 888 632 7575 )

The weird thing is even before I was able to talk to a human, I got a recording telling about the dockers promo and where to "resubmit" your info to. Which I thought was kinda weird (unless they are screwing people left and right)

Anyhoo, i called the number and the guy said according to his records I did not circle the price of each item I bought, or the total cost of the order on the reciept I sent in. I know for a FACT I did this. AND I was not supposed to send in the reciept that came with my order (i ordered from jcpenny.com, not the B & M), that instead I was supposed to print out the receipt from jcpenny.com and send that in instead. Then litterally 2 minutes later he starts reading off from the promo form and he said " send in EITHER the receipt you receive with your online order, OR print one out from jcpenny.com. Then he basically said that stuff was not handled at his place and the only thing he could do for me is provide me with the address so I can resubmit the rebate offer sending in ONLY the receipt printed from jcpenny.com with a reference # on it that was on the rejection e-mail. He then informs me that from what he understands, they are not accepting resubbmissons. *end phone call*

I then did everything he told me to and proceeded to write a huge angry letter to enclose with the "resubmisson". Anyone else have this problem? If you have a spam filter and folder I would search for [email protected] if I were you......

Last edited by mrmagoo; 07-12-06 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-12-06, 02:58 PM

When the sales ends?
Old 07-12-06, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by bareva
When the sales ends?

It ended about the second week of June (just in time for fathers day)
Old 07-12-06, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
I recomment going to the fatwallet forums page on this:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...hreadid=619766

My status finally showed up with a qualified today, but a number of people have had trouble. Check your status at www.expressgroup.com
Old 07-12-06, 04:25 PM

Lucky here I guess since mine is qualified. Based on the FW thread looks like the player is now a 7" and not 8" and now it doesn't have a TV tuner. I'm still happy, as I'd rather have a 7" widescreen vs. an 8" fullscreen and I have no clue why I would need a tv tuner on this.
Old 07-12-06, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm kind of glad I missed out on this one now....
Old 07-12-06, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by exharrison
I recomment going to the fatwallet forums page on this:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...hreadid=619766

My status finally showed up with a qualified today, but a number of people have had trouble. Check your status at www.expressgroup.com

Thank you for that website (although it said the same thing, that I was rejected) I sent them a long e-mail, we will see what happens. Thanks again for the website and the fatwallet link
Old 07-12-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like I qualified... saves me from having to dig out my copies of everything and bitch at them.

EDIT: Wait a minute. This thing *isn't* going to have the TV tuner? Son of a...

Why can't any of these rebate-type deals go smoothly? How hard is it to offer something and then follow through with what you promised when people meet your criteria?

Without the TV tuner, this thing is not anywhere near as useful for me now. Fuck.

Last edited by bboisvert; 07-12-06 at 05:56 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.