Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Criterion KIND HEARTS AND CORONETS - $14.99 at Frys

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 06-05-06, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the Criterion Collection DVD of the Alec Guinness film KIND HEARTS AND CORONETS for $14.99 at Frys. That's how it's stickered and that's how it scanned at the register. It's also selling for that price on the Outpost/Frys website:

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/473...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

...so the price should be good nationwide at Frys stores.

Of course, it's proabably a mistake, so if you want one you should probably grab a copy fast, in case they decide to correct it.

You can also order from the website, but the exorbitant shipping costs make it a much less impressive deal.
Old 06-05-06, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Yahoo Sirius
You can also order from the website, but the exorbitant shipping costs make it a much less impressive deal.
You're not kidding! They were gonna charge me almost $7 shipping on this, which brings it to only a couple bucks cheaper than DVDPlanet's price. I think I'll pass. I try not to be gouged on shipping as often as possible.

Thanks anyways though. I wish I had we had Fry's in Florida.
Old 06-05-06, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
You're not kidding! They were gonna charge me almost $7 shipping on this, which brings it to only a couple bucks cheaper than DVDPlanet's price. .
I selected ground shipping and my total, incl shipping, was $21.42. That's a savings of $4.55 over DVDPlanet's price of $25.97. Decent deal if it comes through.
Old 06-05-06, 11:24 AM
Cool New Member

I picked up the last one at Fry's in Anaheim. $14.99 + tax for a 2-disc Criterion! And it's one that I actually have seen and enjoyed!!!
Old 06-05-06, 09:52 PM

Just grabbed the last copy I could find at Fry's in Grapevine, TX.

Like the others said the sticker said 14.99 on it.

Thanks OP for letting us know about this, super good deal.
Old 06-06-06, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by tasog37
Just grabbed the last copy I could find at Fry's in Grapevine, TX.

Like the others said the sticker said 14.99 on it.

Thanks OP for letting us know about this, super good deal.
Out of curiosity, and not to mention to save me a trip, which location did you mean? There is no Fry's Electronics in Grapevine. The D/FW locations are Dallas (near Garland), Arlington, Irving, and Plano. Thanks in advance, tasog37.

Last edited by Mr. Gore; 06-08-06 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-06-06, 06:32 PM

I went to the Frys in Burbank, but didn't see a copy. It's very difficult to find anything in their international section though as they're just sort of haphazardly slapped on to the shelf, so I suppose I just might not've seen it.
Old 06-06-06, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Didn't see a copy for sale at the San Diego one. There wasn't even a dvd on the shelf so they may have already sold them before I got there.
Old 06-06-06, 11:30 PM

Got one at the Fry's in Campbell. There is one more if anyone is in the San Jose area.

Thanks OP!
Old 06-06-06, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by joekun
I went to the Frys in Burbank, but didn't see a copy. It's very difficult to find anything in their international section though as they're just sort of haphazardly slapped on to the shelf, so I suppose I just might not've seen it.
I went to Fry's twice before I found it. The first time, I also looked through the International section and couldn't find it. Then I searched the Comedy section, found it, but it was the wrong version.

Finally, I went back tonight and had them check their inventory first. They led me to the Drama section, where they were sitting there in plain sight.

I definitely know what you mean about it being hard to see, though.
Old 06-07-06, 03:56 AM

Ah, maybe I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 06-07-06, 12:33 PM
Cool New Member

I found a copy in the drama section too. If it's not in the Criterion section, this may be the right place to look. Thanks OP.
Old 06-07-06, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No Fry's near me. I ordered online since it still looked like a good deal. Had been interested in seeing this. No other Criterions appear to be as well priced. Twenty bucks for Criterion isn't too bad. Thanks OP.
Old 06-07-06, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think I'm going to check my local Fry's soon. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-14-06, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I picked up the only copy in Palo Alto. Thanks, OP.
Old 06-17-06, 01:29 AM

finally got a hold of one in the Chicago Fry's. called ahead to a suprisingly helpful staff and they put it on "will call" for me. seemed to be the only one for now, but stocked somewhat regularly
Old 06-17-06, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Gore
Out of curiosity, and not to mention to save me a trip, which location did you mean? There is no Fry's Electronics in Grapevine. The D/FW locations are Dallas (near Garland), Arlington, Irving, and Plano. Thanks in advance, tasog37.
Hmmm. I don't know which city to call it actually.

It's off 635 right before McArthur. So Irving I suppose, sorry, I always get the towns mixed up.

I was there the other day and hadn't seen another copy, but maybe if you call and ask they have some in a different section or something. That Fry's no longer has a Criterion section, I found Kind Hearts... in the Drama section like most of the other people.

Also, I watched this a few nights ago and absoloutely loved it. I wasn't quite sure of what to expect, but wow did I connect with it. Super fun stuff.
Old 06-17-06, 02:56 AM

I'll have to look into this....anybody find any other Criterions at a cheaper price? usually if there is one item that fits something, then there usually is some more is what I have come to find out.
Old 06-17-06, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is one of my top criterion wants, but I don't have a store near me, and as others have said, the $6.50 shipping kind of takes away from the deal.
Old 06-17-06, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by tasog37
Hmmm. I don't know which city to call it actually.

It's off 635 right before McArthur. So Irving I suppose, sorry, I always get the towns mixed up.

I was there the other day and hadn't seen another copy, but maybe if you call and ask they have some in a different section or something. That Fry's no longer has a Criterion section, I found Kind Hearts... in the Drama section like most of the other people.

Also, I watched this a few nights ago and absoloutely loved it. I wasn't quite sure of what to expect, but wow did I connect with it. Super fun stuff.
Thanks for the response. That is the Irving store. I know that location can be confusing because it seems to be at the nexus of several different mid-cities.

I took a chance and called the Dallas and Arlington stores, and both seemed to have it in stock and offered to hold it for me. I didn’t especially trust the employees to distinguish between the Criterion Collection and Anchor Bay versions, though. I was somewhat in the neighborhood one night and decided to drive to the Dallas location. They had one Anchor Bay release under Comedy and one Criterion under Drama as others have stated. I don’t know if I would have checked that section without being alerted to it first.

It's probably my favorite Alec Guinness movie, so I was thrilled to pick it up for that price. Thanks to Yahoo Sirius and everyone who has contributed to this thread.
Old 06-17-06, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Gore
Thanks for the response. That is the Irving store. I know that location can be confusing because it seems to be at the nexus of several different mid-cities.

I took a chance and called the Dallas and Arlington stores, and both seemed to have it in stock and offered to hold it for me. I didn’t especially trust the employees to distinguish between the Criterion Collection and Anchor Bay versions, though. I was somewhat in the neighborhood one night and decided to drive to the Dallas location. They had one Anchor Bay release under Comedy and one Criterion under Drama as others have stated. I don’t know if I would have checked that section without being alerted to it first.

It's probably my favorite Alec Guinness movie, so I was thrilled to pick it up for that price. Thanks to Yahoo Sirius and everyone who has contributed to this thread.
they seem to have 2 listings in their system - the anchor bay is in comedy and their criterion is in drama. when i called i specifically asked if it said "criterion" and they were able to confirm it. hope this helps - i'm really looking forward tow atching the movie.
Old 06-18-06, 04:39 AM

I went back to the Burbank, CA store on Saturday just to check and see if they restocked this and they had! Picked up a copy but I had another movie I already had plans to watch. I did skim through the BBC interview on disc 2, great stuff! Can't wait to watch the film. Thanks OP and everyone!
Old 06-18-06, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody have any luck getting this through the website. My order is still listed as backordered. With the fury of the DDD sale I almost forgot about it.
Old 06-18-06, 08:24 PM

just got back from the anaheim fry's. They have 1 copy left after i picked this up. It was in the drama section.
Old 07-04-06, 02:58 AM

This deal seems to be dead now. I was at my local frys and decided to see if they had restocked it to pick one up for a friend. They must've figured out the mistake and fixed it because they are now listed at $27.99.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.