Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House MD

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-06, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
House MD

Let's talk House. Thoughts on season 2? Things you're looking forward to in season 3?

Spoiler:
Of course, I'm wondering what will happen to House in the season opener.

Other then that, just the new season.

House is awesome.
Old 06-04-06, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Loved every episode of Season 2, espessially the last one. Can not WAIT for season 3! Gonna be a long wait.
Old 06-04-06, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Interesting. I thought this was season 3. No wonder I can't get season 2 through netflix yet.

Easily my favorite show on right now. I'm not real thrilled about the schedule change for next year, as that's when I go to work. I'm going to have to either get cable for a tv, or find a way to record the broadcast. Does someone still make blank vhs?
Old 06-04-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mndtrp
Interesting. I thought this was season 3. No wonder I can't get season 2 through netflix yet.

Easily my favorite show on right now. I'm not real thrilled about the schedule change for next year, as that's when I go to work. I'm going to have to either get cable for a tv, or find a way to record the broadcast. Does someone still make blank vhs?
When is it scheduled to air next season?

Whats a VHS? (j/k)
Old 06-04-06, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mndtrp

There's no schedule changes, its still going to air in its 9/8C time slot next season.
Old 06-05-06, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by clemente
There's no schedule changes, its still going to air in its 9/8C time slot next season.
Ahh, I read the time incorrectly. Thanks, you helped solve one dilemma.
Old 06-05-06, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Interested in seeing if House's
Spoiler:
leg is really his problem, or deep seated mental problems...since Cutty said that his pain may return even with a Ketamine coma, we could get a half season of House being cured, yet still a miserable fuck...which could lead to some nice, non patient-intensive storylines
Old 06-05-06, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
ok.. since this is suppose to be a discussion of season 2 (which has already passed) and speculation of season 3... i dont think any spoilers are necessary, unless anyone has real information about what is going to happen in season 3.

leg issues or not.. i cant imagine house would be any different.. especially considering when asked what house was like before the leg problems, someone (stacy??) said pretty much the same as he is now.
Old 06-05-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I think House will be hooking up with Camryn
Old 06-06-06, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Any reason I cant watch the repeats of House as they come on...? I know there are character developments, but is there a running theme or something that would be off if I didnt watch them in order? I really dont want to wait to the DVD's to come out, esp. since I want to watch Season 1 first.
Old 06-07-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
Any reason I cant watch the repeats of House as they come on...? I know there are character developments, but is there a running theme or something that would be off if I didnt watch them in order? I really dont want to wait to the DVD's to come out, esp. since I want to watch Season 1 first.

There are several running themes..but they are pretty much in the back.

first half of the season deals with sela wards character (love interest), and in the 2nd half, you see more of house and wilson (odd couple kind of theme)
Old 06-07-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Interested in seeing if House's
Spoiler:
leg is really his problem, or deep seated mental problems...
Spoiler:
I don't think House's leg has ever really been his problem. It has only been an excuse to hold onto his bitterness. But I have a feeling that is going to change (somewhat) in season 3. After all, even though it was part of his hallucination, he did apologize to the man who shot him.
Old 06-10-06, 08:57 AM

Spoiler:
I figure he'll start off all happy to be alive and nice to people. Then he'll go back to being an ass just to tease Foreman about his experience last season.
Old 06-12-06, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I honestly believe the show would lose something if house stopped being a jerk. It would turn into a medical version of all the "super-lawyer" shows. The best thing this show has going for it is the anti-hero-esque nature of House.

My predictions for Season 3? Well, I think Cutty will ask House to father her child (whether by insemination or not...unclear, heh). I also think one of the three pups is due for some major catostrophe that lasts longer than Foreman's obsession with dying (what was that, like 5 minutes?). I think some major shake-up will occur in the group. I also expect House and Wilson will come to blows (verbal or otherwise) on something major that lasts more than a single episdoe. And lastly...I'm convinced a new (major) character will be joining the show.

So...there's money in the bank. Put your bets in.

Me...and $4.50 will get you a latte...at Starbucks...maybe, if it's on special...
Old 06-12-06, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Recently found this. Seems like it belongs in here.
Old 06-13-06, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by orderandlaw
Spoiler:
I figure he'll start off all happy to be alive and nice to people. Then he'll go back to being an ass just to tease Foreman about his experience last season.
Old 06-13-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by valkyrie
I honestly believe the show would lose something if house stopped being a jerk. It would turn into a medical version of all the "super-lawyer" shows. The best thing this show has going for it is the anti-hero-esque nature of House.
I agree with that, except I think the first season was better than the second due to House being a little more grounded. He is a total tool in the second season and that quite often sends the show over the top.

In the first season, he is just messed up, but he didn't take it out on everyone.

BTW: as of last Sunday (June 11) House Season 1 began airing in order on the USA network after the 4400. Looks totally craptastic in standard def 4:3.
Old 06-13-06, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Roto
Recently found this. Seems like it belongs in here.

Thanks for my new Desktop...!!!

My sister got me into this show...rented Season One DVD and Downloaded Two...just finished everything the other night

My favorite is "Three Stories"

Lisa/Cuddy has a Clip talking about ther Baby/House for the Third Season on fox.com

I really doubt that the writers will change House...stop being a jerk...reason why I love this show...currently second to my favorite, "Grey's Anatomy....!!!
Old 08-02-06, 08:42 AM
Banned

I just watched an episode of this show for the first time last night and was looking for a thread about it. It aired 3-28-06 and was called "Clueless". I did a search for threads with "house" in the title and it seems to be the only episode that no one discussed. What's up with that?
Old 08-02-06, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by clemente
Are you sure? I swear that during the episode I saw on my FOX affliate last night they said they were moving it to 8pm (which is when it aired last night followed by Bones).
Old 08-03-06, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They showed the previews of season 3 the other night and I just got a quick glimpse of one of my favorite actresses ...

Spoiler:
Kathleen Quinlan - Season 3 Episode 1 - Meaning
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0828219/

Also notice Miles from Surface is in the episode.

Last edited by Ayre; 08-05-06 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-03-06, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

spoilers for season 3!! read at your own risk! source: tv guide's michael ausiello

Spoiler:
Question: For the love of Snapple, give me House scoop! — Laura

Finally got some good House-Cameron (Hameron?) dirt for you kids. Exec producer Katie Jacobs hints that the season premiere could mark a major turning point for the star-crossed MDs. "In the first episode," Jacobs previews, "Cuddy gives [House] Ketamine. I don't want to reveal how temporary or to what degree it works, but it does have some success. Now, Cameron has always been attracted to House — in his opinion because he's wounded. So, I think House is gonna want to know from Cameron if [her feelings are the same] if he's healthy and walking around. And what will that relationship be if he's no longer that wounded puppy?"

and some more..

Spoiler:
Question: Any news on House? Please tell me Cameron and Chase will finally get together…. You know, when she's not high. — Elizabeth

Ausiello: Make up your minds, kids. Do you want Cameron with Chase or with House? (Sounds like the makings of a great TVGuide.com poll!) I know which way Jennifer Morrison (Cameron) would vote. Although she was a no-show at Fox's press-tour bash last week, an adorably tongue-tied Hugh Laurie delivered — or, rather, attempted to deliver — a message on her behalf. Here's our exchange:

Laurie: I'm going to tread here very carefully because Jennifer is actually still working. She asked me to say… can I say this? Because it's going to get her into such trouble. I'm going to have to let her say it. She will get her opportunity to say it.
Ausiello: C'mon, give me a hint.
Laurie: She is keen to see a… a…. a… development of the relationship we hinted at before. She put it more graphically.
Ausiello: She wants to see House and Cameron have sexual intercourse?
Laurie: Wow! I thought there were whole steps [leading] up to that, but you went right there.
Ausiello: How do you feel about it?
Laurie: I feel as awkward as [House] does. It's inappropriate in so many ways, and yet if two people are attracted, then I suppose there's not much you can do. But I'm 50 times her age and I'm her employer and I can't see good things coming from it.
Old 08-03-06, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Are you sure? I swear that during the episode I saw on my FOX affliate last night they said they were moving it to 8pm (which is when it aired last night followed by Bones).

It's currently scheduled to air at 8pm EST next season (unless it changes between now and then).

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/charts.aspx?id=fall_2006
Old 08-03-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone know when this starts up again? The only shows I'm watching right now are Rescue Me, Monk, and Psych... Will it be back on by the time they end?
Old 08-04-06, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Does anyone know when this starts up again? The only shows I'm watching right now are Rescue Me, Monk, and Psych... Will it be back on by the time they end?

if you click on the link i posted in the post above yours, you will see it starts Sept 5.