Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Audio installation experiences @ BB/CC - good and/or bad wanted!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts

I got a new vehicle and needed to replace the radio in it and was going to do a few other things...like hard wire my XM My-Fi and change out a couple of speakers.

My dilemma is deciding to go with either the Mom & Pop audio store I have used in the past or go with a big store like Best Buy or Circuit City due to price. There is at least $100 or more difference in using BB or CC but I do not really know their reputation for audio installs.

Do I go with old reliable who I know will do a great job or is it worth the price difference to have CC or BB do it especiall if CC/BB does just as good a job?

Just looking for some stories who have had stuff done in the audio departments of these stores. Thanks.
Old 06-02-06, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say Best Buy because I work there and their install process is very good
Old 06-02-06, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the bill at Best Buy only really matters AFTER the install, they have alot of ways of milking more money out of you, bestbuysux.org has alot of audio installation comments if you want to search thru them. i researched BB before when i was thinking of getting them to install a system and i definitely decided to stay far away.
Old 06-02-06, 07:53 PM

I bought a new radio/cd player at best buy, left my car for an hour for a free installation. it was ready on time and not a problem.
Old 06-03-06, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought a Sony CD changer at CC a few years ago. It stoped working and was out of waranty. I contacted Sony and they offered me a deal on a replacement changer, but the new one was larger than the original and it had to be installed. When I went to CC about it, they installed the new one for free because they had installed the original unit. The first unit was installed when I ws living in the Dallas area, the re-install was done in St Louis. They just looked it up in their computer confirmed that a store in their chain had done the original install, and that was all there was to it. I'm very happy with the service I received from them.
Old 06-05-06, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I bought a cd deck from BB maybe 6 years ago, and apparently bought a warranty with it. Maybe a year ago, I was inserting a CD and I heard something inside snap and a couple small bolts came out from the slot. I didn't even remember that I bought the warranty, I took it in hoping that since I bought it from there they could give me a decent estimate to fix it. They needed the original receipt and for the life of my I couldn't remember what phone number I was at that long ago. The CSR was very helpful and went through probably a dozen possible numbers until we found my purchase. He saw there was a warranty on it and let me put the entire purchase price (something like $179.99) towards a new deck with free install. I left with a new MP3 deck with Sirius Satellite installed for a difference of maybe $25. I've had my run ins with Best Buy on some things, but their service on that was phenominal.
Old 06-05-06, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had a bad expierence at a Circuit City store..but a pretty good experience at Best Buy.