Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Lon Chaney Jr. Collection'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-06, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Ian Jane's DVD review of Lon Chaney Jr. Collection at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=21970 and...
although I enjoyed his review of The Chaney Jr. Collection, I noticed that Mr. Jane made an error in stating that actor Thomas Browne Henry who appears in the Telephone Time episode The Golden Junkman with Chaney in that DVD collection, also appeared in Hammer's Blood Of Dracula(1957), but in reality, Mr. Henry appeared in American International Pictures release of Blood Of Dracula starring Sandra Harrison and produced by Herman Cohen that wasn't made by Hammer Films but by AIP. Mr. Jane must have confused this film with Hammer's Horror Of Dracula starring Chrisyopher Lee as Dracula that was released that same year or you must have checked the IMDB listing of Blood Of Dracula that erronously shows a picture of Chris Lee as Dracula that doesn't appeat in that AIP film. Please check Lions Gate Films DVD recent DVD release of Blood of Dracula & How To Nake A Monster, both AIP films produced by\ Herman Cohen. Ny the way, this makes the 2nd consecurive error made by Mr. Jane in his DVd reviews, since yesterday when he posted his review for the DVD of HERCULES/MOLE MEN AGAINST THE SON OF HERCULES, Mr. Jane stated that Herculas was made and released after Jason And The Argonauts when in reality, it was the other way around. Hercules in 1959 and Jason in 1963. I commentated on that aspect in Jane's review on that DVD yesterday. So I would like to advise Mr. Jane to please proof read his reviews carefully for the benefit of us DVD Talk fans.
Old 06-01-06, 10:51 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Oops. That was a slip up, I goofed. I own both Blood of Dracula and Taste the Blood of Dracula and am well aware that they're different films, just must have had a brain fart. It's been corrected. and I thank you for pointing it out. As far as the Hercules point goes, I never stated it came after Jason And the Argonauts, only that it was similar - which it definitely is.