Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell III: The Monster is Loose (Oct. 31, 2006)

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Bat Out of Hell III is Meat Loaf’s long-awaited next installement to the most successful rock music series of all time, with the two previous albums selling a total of 45 million around the world! Bat Out of Hell, released in 1977 and produced by Todd Rundgren, is the third best-selling album of all time, with 30 million copies sold worldwide, featuring such Meat Loaf/Jim Steinman standards as “Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad,” “You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth” and the show-stopping “Paradise by the Dashboard Lights.”

The Steinman-produced Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell, which came out in 1993, sold more than 15 million, with the classic “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That),” earning Meat Loaf a Grammy for Best Rock Vocal Performance.

Bat Out of Hell III continues the epic saga in grand fashion, with contributions once again from Steinman and Rundgren, and produced by hitmaker Desmond Child. Bat Out of Hell III promises to mark the triumphant return of the Bat Out of Hell franchise, completing this legendary trilogy!"
MeatLoaf.net

Free MP3 Download: Right click and save as: The Monster is Loose
Old 05-30-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm anxious to hear this. The free MP3 has a great sound to it, but the vocals are lacking, which is odd since that is usually the strongest part of his albums.
Old 05-30-06, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd be interested to hear the new CD, although after his disastrous performance on AI, I am a bit hesistant.
Old 05-30-06, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'm anxious to hear this. The free MP3 has a great sound to it, but the vocals are lacking, which is odd since that is usually the strongest part of his albums.
He sounded awful on "American Idol". At one point he was reported as saying he might've been through with singing because his voice was shot ... but I guess the monetary appeal from BooHIII was too much to resist. I suspect there's going to be a ton of production "sweetening" on this new CD.
Old 05-30-06, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't watch A.I. but I've read the same thing.
Old 05-30-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He also said that he had such stage fright due to AI, he can only remember a couple of minutes before going on stage, and then after he left the stage. He can't remember singing anything. If only we were so fortunate
Old 05-30-06, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the Loaf but the Bat Out of Hell cds are both good stuff. I'd check this out.
Old 05-30-06, 09:58 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts
That cover is pretty sweet! (as are the other 2 Bat Out Of Hell covers)
Old 05-31-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by The Cow
That cover is pretty sweet! (as are the other 2 Bat Out Of Hell covers)
I want a 70's van with shit like that painted on the side.
Old 05-31-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll be buying it, but considering that Meat's voice is shot, and it's unclear just how involved Steinman really is (the whole point of a "Bat" album), I'm not keeping my hopes very high.

das
Old 05-31-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
The free MP3 has a great sound to it, but the vocals are lacking, which is odd since that is usually the strongest part of his albums.
"lacking"? You sir, are being way too kind. For a second there, I thought someone linked me to a "Weird" Al song..
Old 08-02-06, 10:25 PM

Here is a link to a 10 minute "commercial" for Bat III. I don't know if this will even compare with Bat I or II, but I may check it out. Anyway check out the 5 min mark (approx). Meat's got a hot piece of ass doing a duet with him of that Celine/Steinman song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umbUC...ch=meat%20loaf
Old 08-02-06, 11:36 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Binger
Here is a link to a 10 minute "commercial" for Bat III. I don't know if this will even compare with Bat I or II, but I may check it out. Anyway check out the 5 min mark (approx). Meat's got a hot piece of ass doing a duet with him of that Celine/Steinman song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umbUC...ch=meat%20loaf
@ Desmond describing why they chose her...

She's "Mystical, dark, icy, warm, fun, deep"

Get to the bottom line dude, she's hot.

On a side note, Steve Vai on guitar =
Old 08-02-06, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Really? Gonna have to check out that clip..
Old 08-04-06, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

from ytsejam.com
Steve makes a guest appearance on Meat Loaf's new Bat Out Of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose LP, set for release on Halloween. Steve lends his guitar work to the track “Land of the Pigs.” The album also features contributions from Brian May, Nikki Sixx and John 5.
Old 08-04-06, 10:55 AM
Banned

Can you imagine how much money Meatloaf has made over the years from just one album? He was on Howard Stern lately and he stated Bat Out Of Hell has sold 52 million copies, that is amazing! I know I bought at least 4 of those 52 million! I bought the original album when it was released, I bought the limited edition picture disk when it was released, I bought the original cd and I also bought a special edition gold version of the cd!
Old 08-05-06, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by dvdlover631
Can you imagine how much money Meatloaf has made over the years from just one album?
He also said he currently isn't seeing one penny from every album sold. It sounds like he either signed a bad deal or is getting shafted.
Old 08-07-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The Cow

@ Desmond describing why they chose her...

She's "Mystical, dark, icy, warm, fun, deep"

Get to the bottom line dude, she's hot.
I was thinking the same thing. I guess Patti's finally "too old". At least she's still on the album.

I hate to be this way, but it looks like this is going to suck, or at the very least not live up to the "Bat" name. At this point, Steinman has made it clear that he has ZERO involvement with the project other than Meat singing some of his old songs (and a few bad ones at that). That's not "Bat Out of Hell". Hey, I own "Midnight at the Lost and Found" on LP and CD, so I'll buy anything -- including this -- but it's pretty disappointing what they're trying to pass off under the "Bat" name. It's a shame Steinman's legally forbidden from talking shit about it, because I'd love to hear his thoughts.

das
Old 08-08-06, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Although I would never publicly admit listening to Meat Loaf, Bat out of Hell was an awesome album. BooH II... was OK. I am very interested in checking out III.
Old 08-25-06, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
First video: It's All Coming Back to Me Now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f2Nh0lhxdg
Old 08-25-06, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by costanza187
Although I would never publicly admit listening to Meat Loaf
you just did
Old 08-25-06, 11:10 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
It works for a remake, and will probably be a hit on the "MIX" stations, but....

Dammit, I'm very disappointed in him doing remakes... This should not be on a 'Bat Out Of Hell' album.
Old 08-26-06, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
It works for a remake, and will probably be a hit on the "MIX" stations, but....

Dammit, I'm very disappointed in him doing remakes... This should not be on a 'Bat Out Of Hell' album.
Ummmmmmm Bat II was full of remakes. Lost Boys And Golden Girls, Out Of The Frying Pan (And Into The Fire), Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through, and that Steinman spiel about a guitar were all taken from Jim Steinman's album Bad For Good. Good Girls Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere) was taken from another Steinman project Pandora's box, from '89. That's about half the album right there.

As for It's All Coming Back To Me Now, it was originally intended to be on Bat II but was cut. Celene Dion wasn't even the first person to record it. Steinman recorded it with Pandora's Box in '89.
Old 08-27-06, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
Terrible. Just terrible.
Old 08-27-06, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I kind of like it. That song itself does sound more of a Meat Loaf kind of thing than Celine's version. His voice seems better than the previous released track at the top as well. Gives me hope for the album.

Originally Posted by TheKing
Ummmmmmm Bat II was full of remakes. Lost Boys And Golden Girls, Out Of The Frying Pan (And Into The Fire), Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through, and that Steinman spiel about a guitar were all taken from Jim Steinman's album Bad For Good. Good Girls Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere) was taken from another Steinman project Pandora's box, from '89. That's about half the album right there.

As for It's All Coming Back To Me Now, it was originally intended to be on Bat II but was cut. Celene Dion wasn't even the first person to record it. Steinman recorded it with Pandora's Box in '89.
Someone knows their music. I won't pretend that I knew all that so thanks for the music lesson.

And on a totally different side of things. I just picked up a Da Vinci's Notebook album from lala.com and they have a Meat Loaf parody that is hysterical. "Three Little Words" Check it out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.