Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

X3:really the last X-Men movie?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Will this truly be the last X-Men movie?
Yes
6.47%
No....duh!
75.54%
You never know
17.99%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-06, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

All sources say this is the last one, but the numbers so far seem to indicate otherwise. My prediction is that this will open huge but be less successful than X2 after word of mouth gets out. (Though a lot of the word from teens, the key summer audience, seems to be good.)

I think this will not be the last one, but that they will take a substantial break. There's a good chance that Jackman might not make another X feature until he gets his Wolvie movie out of the way, and I truly hope we don't have to put up with anymore Halle Berry as Storm.
Old 05-28-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After watching X3, I hope there isn't another one.

I'm much more excited about seeing separate Wolverine and Magneto movies

They'll keep making them if there are big profits to be made.
Old 05-28-06, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once the studio sees how much X3 makes from the movie and DVD sales I highly doubt that they will stop here. And $76 million over the first two days of release is pretty much making X4 look like a reality within the next 2-3 years. As far as title, since this was X3: The Last Stand...maybe the next one will be X4: New Beginnings?
Old 05-28-06, 01:14 PM
Banned

this definitely greenlights a wolvie spinoff; jackman said if x3 performs well, they will do a wolverine movie.

as far as another xmen movie, you never know, but i can definitely say for sure it won't be soon...it will be very difficult to assemble this cast again...
Spoiler:
considering several of the characters are dead
as well as financial reasons. scheduling all these big time actors at the same time is getting harder and harder.

if they DO do it again, it'd probably be with a newer generation of mutants.
Old 05-28-06, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by UKingdom

as far as another xmen movie, you never know, but i can definitely say for sure it won't be soon...it will be very difficult to assemble this cast again...
Spoiler:
considering several of the characters are dead
as well as financial reasons. scheduling all these big time actors at the same time is getting harder and harder.

if they DO do it again, it'd probably be with a newer generation of mutants.
That's never been a problem for comic book writers to overcome. There will be other movies but not for several years. Maybe X-factor or Excalibur based movies.
Old 05-28-06, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Well with the record breaking weekend (and we still have the rest of Sunday and Mondya to go) i think its a certainty. Wolverine will be next though. I don't think we will get the same core X-men team in the future though. I think Wolverine may not be involved, and they may seem to concentrate on the younger generation (maybe not a great idea IMO). I would love to see more X-men films as i love them, but stick with the more interesting characters....and get Gambit in there next time.
Old 05-28-06, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Even though the outcome regarding several characters turned out the way it did, I think a few openings were left to expand on:

Spoiler:
1. There's lots of mutants left to either introduce or bring back. Juggernaut, for example, was only knocked out toward the end. Or that's what they left us to think. And where was Nightcrawler? If Alan Cumming didn't want to be in it, I'm sure they could have slapped the makeup on someone else.
2. They really need to start utilizing Rogue more.
3. Not that it's a major thing, but they can still expand on the love triangle of Bobby, Kitty and Rogue.
4. Is Scott really dead? We never saw a body.
5. Are Magneto's and Mystique's (or for that matter, Rogue's) powers really gone? After all, Erik did move that chess piece just slightly.
6. What was the purpose of going to the trouble of introducing Angel if all he's going to do is turn down the cure and rescue his dad in the end? Pretty dumb.

Last edited by The_Infidel; 05-28-06 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-28-06, 02:54 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Really, even if
Spoiler:
Professor X, Cyclops, and Jean Grey stay dead
and Halle Berry doesn't come back (and they don't recast), as long as they get Jackman back they could pretty much surround Wolverine with any group of mutants and it will still stand a good chance for success. They just can cast another well-known actor as the main villain or even as a new hero and that will make up for any missed star power.
Old 05-28-06, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Jackman told the press last week that the Wolverine movie was already being worked on. And yeah, there should be another X-movie. I'd love to see it---Even though it won't be quite the same since there's now a major dent among the leading characters.

And is it a rule nowdays for studios to NOT make more than a trilogy for a comic-book franchise? Because isn't Spider-Man's final act supposed to occur next year as well? I'm guessing studios are doing this after the results of previous fourth acts like Batman & Robin and Superman IV. A shame.
Old 05-28-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We'll see Spider-man 4 before we see X-Men 4. I hope anyways. The Spider-man franchise is in a league all by itself. I'm just wondering how many more times Tobey Maguire wants to suit up. He's making a ton of money, but I'm sure he likes doing other kinds of projects.

X-Men 3 cost $100 million more than X2. I'm sure they'll want part 4 to be a bit cheaper to make than $210 million.
Old 05-28-06, 06:14 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The Spider-Man "trilogy" isn't being enforced by the studios, it's by Sam Raimi. He said he wants to make three and no more.

As for X4, yeah, it's gonna happen unless the Wolverine movie bombs. And heck, even after the travesty that was X3, I'd still see a Wolvie solo film, especially if they base if off the Frank Miller Wolverine comic from the 80's.
Old 05-29-06, 12:39 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There's always a chance, but they really fucked the 3rd one up though
Old 05-29-06, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
The last film? No.

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives...ms_xmen_4.html

I mean, it wasn't a bomb. So they'll go around it with the simple "that trilogy is over lets start a new one"
Old 05-29-06, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If I had to guess, I think that its probably the last in the sence of the story arch the movies have been following. I would think something like an x-men evolution, kinda like the cartoon or something would be a possibility. I have yet to see the third movie yet but I will probably go tomorrow. I absolutely love the x-men cartoons though. Out of curiosity, how close does the cartoon follow the comics?
Old 05-29-06, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't believe we'll see this cast together again, but spin-offs and other X-men related movies are a given
Old 05-29-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think there will be another one, maybe focusing on the younger generation of mutants as the new X-Men.
Old 05-29-06, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Fok
There's always a chance, but they really fucked the 3rd one up though

can't we have an X3 thread without all the negativity?

X-men is the new Star Wars
Old 05-29-06, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by cactusoly

Not even close....bub! I haven't seen X-Men toys take off, or bedsheets, or coloring books, or do just about anything Star Wars accomplished beyond making big on the movie screen.
Old 05-29-06, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Not even close....bub! I haven't seen X-Men toys take off, or bedsheets, or coloring books, or do just about anything Star Wars accomplished beyond making big on the movie screen.
Hmmmm Mystique bedsheets....
Old 05-29-06, 11:06 AM

If the next movie is truly a sequel and keeps some continuity with the third one, I really hope it doesn't happen. I have no desire to hear
Spoiler:
Xavier's voice in a different body.

If they want to do another film that ignores the previous ones, ala Batman Begins, I wouldn't be opposed to that.
Old 05-29-06, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They should just make a Gambit movie :-P
Old 05-29-06, 03:11 PM

"X-Men: The Last Stand" earned $120.1 million in the four days since opening on May 26, distributor 20th Century Fox said on Monday, and set new records as the biggest Memorial Day holiday opener ever and the biggest debut so far this year.
Great box office numbers so far.
Old 05-29-06, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
How 'bout a Spider-Man/Wolverine movie?
Old 05-29-06, 03:50 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

All i got to say" Age of Apacalipse"
Even thow it will never happen!!!!
Old 05-29-06, 04:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
17 posts before the stupid, obligatory Star Wars reference came out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.