Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Shiloh Nouvel Pitt-Jolie Is Born

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-06, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Pitt-Jolie Child Is Born

by Joal Ryan
May 27, 2006, 8:00 PM PT

And, lo, she has come to pass, the most celebrated of celebrity babies: Shiloh Nouvel Pitt-Jolie.

Angelina Jolie gave birth to Shiloh, a girl, Saturday night in Namibia, a statement from Brad Pitt's publicist said.

There were no details on how mother, baby and Pitt were doing.

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Watch The Vine @ E! Online

The girl is the third for Jolie, 30, who previously adopted tots from Cambodia and Ethiopia, respectively. It is the first biological child for her and Pitt, 42, the Oscar-winning actress' offscreen costar.

Shiloh is a name of Hebrew origin meaning, "His gift," per thinkbabynames.com. It also associated with an 1862 Civil War battle, and a Neil Diamond song about a desperately lonely childhood. (Diamond's imaginary friend, however, spelled his name "Shilo.")

Shiloh's future classmates at Hollywood Montessori potentially include: Suri (Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes); Zolten and Moxie CrimeFighter (Mr. and Mrs. Penn Jillette); and, Moses and Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow-Chris Martin).

While Shiloh's parents have yet to marry, they are already entrenched in family life. In January, Jolie's two older children, Maddox and Zahara, formally added Pitt's surname to theirs. Pitt is in the process of becoming Maddox and Zahara's adoptive father.

Jolie and Pitt met on the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, their 2005 action hit. They've been an item since Pitt split with then-wife Jennifer Aniston in early 2005.

Though a Hollywood couple in the figurative sense, for the last several weeks, Jolie and Pitt have been a Namibian couple, holing up in that African republic to await the arrival of the baby. An ongoing Namibian radio station poll showed approval by a 52-48 margin Saturday that Jolie's birth day be declared a public holiday.

Jolie recently completed filming on the CIA saga The Good Shepherd, opposite Matt Damon and Robert De Niro. It was on the location set of that film that Jolie last January let slip that she was expecting.

Pitt is due to earn money for his growing family in Ocean's Thirteen, the latest heist in the Ocean's Eleven saga.

I bet that'll be one damn good-looking kid.
Old 05-28-06, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 796 Posts
It would sad for the little girl, but nonetheless hilarious, if she turned out to be fugly.
Old 05-28-06, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I call dibs when she's 18!
Old 05-28-06, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Why do celebrities always feel the need to give their children weird names? Why can't they just name the girl something simple like Miranda, Sonya, or Ashley?

I wonder if we can look forward to this girl and TomKat's daughter working together in a movie when they hit their teens?
Old 05-28-06, 02:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Placeholder for a future threadcrap.
Old 05-28-06, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Why do celebrities always feel the need to give their children weird names?
Are you trying to say naming a kid with the same name, which most only associate with a civil war battle, might not be the best idea?
Old 05-28-06, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bateman
Are you trying to say naming a kid with the same name, which most only associate with a civil war battle, might not be the best idea?
Civil war battle?

Old 05-28-06, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

WTF is with that name???
Old 05-28-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Bateman

Possibly, especially for all the die-hard Confederate fans, as that battle was the turning point for the war where the Union army began to gain and maintain the upper hand.
Old 05-28-06, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only shilohs I've ever met have been golden retrievers.
Old 05-28-06, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
I love how people bitch about celebrity names. I'm sorry, uh, take all your ah, Courtneys and Taylors and Ashleys and Jordans and, ah, shove them all, uh, up your ass. O Kwan Tan-Jen WAN.
Old 05-28-06, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Millheiser
O Kwan Tan-Jen WAN.
i have been singing this song all day, and now its back in my head...FUCK!
Old 05-29-06, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I plan to forget about this news by Tuesday.
Old 05-29-06, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Possibly, especially for all the die-hard Confederate fans, as that battle was the turning point for the war where the Union army began to gain and maintain the upper hand.
Then Pitt better avoid bringing that kid home to southern Missouri.

Old 05-29-06, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Millheiser
I love how people bitch about celebrity names. I'm sorry, uh, take all your ah, Courtneys and Taylors and Ashleys and Jordans and, ah, shove them all, uh, up your ass. O Kwan Tan-Jen WAN.
Hell yes, and that goes for all bastardized spellings of the above names in a feeble attempt at individuality as well.
Ashleigh
Ashley
Ashlee
Jordan
Jordyn
Jordin
etc.

I would name my daughter Rover before a cliched name like Ashley Rose or Courtney Nicole.

I'm on the edge of my seat until Brad & Angelina give her a brother, Bull Run Pitt.

Last edited by Charlie Goose; 05-29-06 at 06:59 AM.