Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

MASH seasons 1-10 $16 ea. at Fred Meyer ('til 6-17)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 05-26-06, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Until June 17, Fred Meyer will have all ten season of M*A*S*H on sale for $16.00 each.

There's also Patton, The Longest Day, and Tora Tora Tora on sale for $8 ea. (but I see that already has it's own thread)

And there are some other misc. war and western film that are $8, but they all have a regular price of $9.99, so they're not much of a deal.
Old 05-26-06, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does their website bother to have all states listed for their store locator? It took me 6 tries just to find a state within 200 miles of a Fred Meyer store.
Old 05-26-06, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by peterm2
Why does their website bother to have all states listed for their store locator? It took me 6 tries just to find a state within 200 miles of a Fred Meyer store.
I think there is a biased favor for Fred Meyer, which is a Pacific Northwest chain (and Alaska), because apart from the many members that live here, myself included, the DVD Talk site is based here as well. It's a great store and I wish there were more of them instead of the Wal*Mart's.

Fathers Day FOX War Movies $8 and M*A*S*H* Seasons 1 - 10 $16.

I got the 3 new release movies for $8 as well...great deal. Even worked with a gentleman that had a speaking part in Tora! Tora! Tora! He was the Sgt. that told the guys to wire Washington that they were under attack.
Old 05-26-06, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by danganet
I think there is a biased favor for Fred Meyer, which is a Pacific Northwest chain (and Alaska), because apart from the many members that live here, myself included, the DVD Talk site is based here as well. It's a great store and I wish there were more of them instead of the Wal*Mart's.
Um... that has nothing to do with what peterm2 asked. His question was why you can choose any state in the union to look for a store, when not all of them have or are near to a Fred Meyer store. For example, why does their store locater list New Jersey when no place in NJ is within 200 miles of a Fred Meyer store, and the search will, therefore, automatically return no search results.

Good store or not and regardless of the fact that you live in the northwest, the question is a valid one.
Old 05-26-06, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by excom101
Um... that has nothing to do with what peterm2 asked. His question was why you can choose any state in the union to look for a store, when not all of them have or are near to a Fred Meyer store. For example, why does their store locater list New Jersey when no place in NJ is within 200 miles of a Fred Meyer store, and the search will, therefore, automatically return no search results.

Good store or not and regardless of the fact that you live in the northwest, the question is a valid one.
To chime on this specifically i'm guessing that since Fred Meyer is owned by Kroger, and that there are many Kroger/Kroger owned chains across the nation, the website is ran by Kroger and so the store locaters are similar to each chain and their specific websites. I would have the same problem if I did a search for Kroger, Smiths, or Raplh's for example.

It's possible that this sale will also pop up at the other Kroger/Kroger owned chaing like recently with the MGM/Song Buy One/Get One $9.99 sale.