DVD Talk
Patton, The Longest Day, Tora Tora Tora - $8 each at Fred Meyers! [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Patton, The Longest Day, Tora Tora Tora - $8 each at Fred Meyers!

tofferman
05-24-06, 02:34 PM
While I have already ordered these three rereleased titles from Amazon, I was in Fred Meyer in Redmond, Oregon this morning and saw the same titles on sale for $8.00 each! I am not sure if these prices are uniform at all Fred Meyers in the Northwest, but if you were thinking of buying any of them (no sales tax in Oregon), it may be worth the trip.

eau
05-24-06, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I almost pulled the trigger on the amazon deal. Is the $8 price the sale price or the regular, stickered price?

tofferman
05-24-06, 03:30 PM
It was the sales price when I saw it (the orange/yellow sales sticker that Fred Meyers uses). It may be an error for all I know, but regardless, I go there anyways for groceries, gardening stuff, etc...

eau
05-24-06, 03:40 PM
$8 apiece is hot! Especially so if they come with movie ticket to X-Men 3.

MEJHarrison
05-24-06, 05:10 PM
Cool! I'll have to check it out tonight. I was able to get Patton and Tora! Tora! Tora! from CostCo with the X-Men tickets, but I couldn't find The Longest Day. So it would be a nice find if I can get it.

TheMovieman
05-24-06, 06:21 PM
Damn, already ordered mine from Amazon (got free shipping) and can't cancel it now... Oh well.

tofferman
05-24-06, 06:28 PM
I don't think these come with a free ticket since that appears to be a Costco exclusive. I also cannot cancel my Amazon order either, but thought somebody else on this board may benefit from it.

MEJHarrison
05-25-06, 05:20 PM
I went to Fred Meyers today and was able to get The Longest Day for $8.00! Thanks. I was sure that it would be some mistake at one location only, but I had no problem. The sale tag specifically said it was for the Special Edition. That's really weird since they don't usually run good deals on new releases. I wonder if they were supposed to be dumping the old versions for $8 and there was some mix up?

tofferman
05-25-06, 06:29 PM
I was wondering the same thing MEJHarrison. Glad it worked out for you!

Legolas
05-25-06, 10:03 PM
Got all three titles just today for $8 a piece. There weren't any ad prices in front of them, but I'm guessing that these prices were meant for the original versions and they just screwed up.

Harold Wazzu
05-25-06, 11:41 PM
gah...I am so tempted to go get these

bhauge
05-26-06, 11:56 AM
Deal verified (and purchased :)) at the Corvallis OR store. They were out of Patton, so I got a raincheck. I later looked at the orange sales tag and noticed that these are not part of the weekly sales ad but rather are TPRs (Temporary Price Reductions). The date at the bottom of the tag said 6/17/06, so the sale should be good for a few more weeks.

RevKarl
05-26-06, 11:56 PM
Another "thanks" to the OP. I was able to pick up all three for $24 at the W. 11th store in Eugene.

eau
05-27-06, 02:23 AM
Deal verified (and purchased :)) at the Corvallis OR store. They were out of Patton, so I got a raincheck. I later looked at the orange sales tag and noticed that these are not part of the weekly sales ad but rather are TPRs (Temporary Price Reductions). The date at the bottom of the tag said 6/17/06, so the sale should be good for a few more weeks.
Thanks. In that case I don't have to rush in to get them.

Harold Wazzu
05-28-06, 08:42 AM
Well it's official, this is an advertised deal...2 for $16 for "Select Fox DVDs", mine in Richland, WA had 2 copies of each