Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Hanging LCD tv?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-06, 04:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hanging LCD tv?

Right now, im considering upgrading my tv to a 1080p input set. The westinghouse looks decent, but its a LCD vs my plasma i have now. Im super patient, but i want to give my current plasma to my parents as they're tired of their 36" 4:3 tv. Can a LCD be hung on the wall like a plasma? I must 100% absolutely have wall mount..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Westinghouse-LVM...QQcmdZViewItem

Theres the url of the item of intrest.
Old 05-19-06, 09:08 AM
Cool New Member

Shouldn't be a problem according to Westinghouse.
Amazingly thin for its size, you get 42 inches at only 4.5 inches deep (without base) allowing you to mount this stylish monitor on your wall. Now that’s art!
http://www.westinghousedigital.com/p...p-monitor.aspx

Also looks like you can get it a bit cheaper if you want to buy it somewhere else than eBay.

http://www.streetprices.com/Electron...SP7961106.html

Something mounted on the wall would be nice... I'm currently looking into getting something 45"-50" size but have only considered DLP or LCoS so far.
Old 05-19-06, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The description says this:

Installation Options

8 Hole pattern, 75mm x 75mm VESAŽ pattern,
100mm x 100mm VESAŽ pattern

So, yeah, it can be mounted using a standard VESA wall mount.
Old 05-19-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

VESA seems rather small for a 42". I would've expected something else, even if it is proprietary.
Old 05-19-06, 04:36 PM
Banned

awesome, thanks guys. And i wouldnt be buying it from ebay, it just had nice photos to demo it, which is why i provided the link.
Old 05-19-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spiky
VESA seems rather small for a 42". I would've expected something else, even if it is proprietary.
The TV without base weighs 52lbs, the flat VESA mount Westinghouse sells holds 80lbs.

http://www.westinghousedigital.com/p...all-mount.aspx
Old 05-19-06, 05:27 PM
Banned

Thats an awesome price for a thin wall mount too! Damn! I have to do more research now, im strongly considering this unit even tho i wanted to go with a 50".
Old 05-19-06, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts
Not to steal the thread, but anyone have any luck/suggestions on a swing out arm for a LCD or Plasma?

I'm about done with my bar and I want to add a TV. I'm considering (tho not set) on a LCD (flat panel) or Plasma. This would be small (in fact I don't even know if Plasma come as small as I want). Look for something along the lines of a 28" to 34". I have a specific place in mind so the exact size will be determined if it has speakers, etc.

I would like a swing out arm so I can keep it close to the wall when not in use, but can move to different angles when watching or depending on where watching from.
Old 05-19-06, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Spiky
There are other, wider VESA hole patterns. However, I agree 100 mm x 100 mm is small for that size and weight.
Old 05-20-06, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sdallnct,
Don't recall seeing a plasma under 37". LCDs surely come in your range. There are plenty of swing arms, too. I imagine you'd have to see them in person to really know if a particular brand is good quality. Omnimount should make something and they are typically excellent.