Everwood on the CW Website

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-06, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Proof that it was there if the CW takes it down

I am a huge OTH supporter, but if EVERWOOD could take over the "American's Next Top Model" Repeat, I'm all for it!

So does this mean that it was picked up and its midseason, or that they changed their last plans at the very last moment?
Old 05-18-06, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
It says that it is returning for it's FIFTH season - so I am thinking it will be coming in some form or another. They must have changed their mind. Or they are just fucking w/ you.
Old 05-18-06, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Or they put the website up BEFORE they changed their minds to cancel it.
Old 05-18-06, 10:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is most likely just a mean spirited joke...
Old 05-18-06, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm thinking that the web designer screwed up and didn't delete the page they were asked to make just in case. The best way to figure that would be to try to find something like cw-mercy or the name of some other pilot they didn't order.
Old 05-18-06, 10:37 PM

I'm thinking that the web designer screwed up and didn't delete the page they were asked to make just in case. The best way to figure that would be to try to find something like cw-mercy or the name of some other pilot they didn't order.
I tried geting a page for 'reba,' 'mercy's reef,' 'split decision' and even 'Hidden Palms' and couldn't find anything...
Old 05-18-06, 10:38 PM

I take that backAquaman
Old 05-18-06, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I tried geting a page for 'reba,' 'mercy's reef,' 'split decision' and even 'Hidden Palms' and couldn't find anything...
Yep, same here.

The only other thing that makes sense is that Everwood actually was going to get an order until 7th Heaven came in big and got it unordered. If that really is the case, it really pisses me off. What sort of exec uses the numbers from a very heavily promoted series finale as a justification to bring the show back?
Old 05-18-06, 10:43 PM

Actually I just found one for 'Split Decision,' and 'Hidden Palms' as well as 'aquaman'

They where all Wednesday at 9pm... OTH lucked out!!!!!
Old 05-18-06, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You should totally share those links for laughs.
Old 05-18-06, 10:51 PM

Palm Springs (coming in 2007 as Midseason Replacement)

Split Decision

Mercy Reef

Flirt

He Said, She Said (Fridays???)
Old 05-18-06, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Those last few are great with their Latin (I think) gibberish-like descriptions!

Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-18-06, 10:57 PM

You Tube even has a trailer for Aquaman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv7YlUiI1-w

and the CW Just pulled all the other website... you go to the main page now...
Old 05-19-06, 12:07 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
The only other thing that makes sense is that Everwood actually was going to get an order until 7th Heaven came in big and got it unordered. If that really is the case, it really pisses me off. What sort of exec uses the numbers from a very heavily promoted series finale as a justification to bring the show back?
That's what happened

Ausiello: There are a lot of angry Everwood fans out there. They just don't understand why it's the only "bubble" show not returning.
Ostroff: Everwood was honestly the toughest decision. It really was. We knew we wanted to make room on the schedule for at least one new drama... And when you look at the shows that we're bringing back and what went with what, really, Everwood was the hardest show to fit into the configuration. It was really, really hard because the fans are really devoted.

Ausiello: One of the theories going around is that the moment you decided to bring 7th Heaven back, Everwood died.
Ostroff: (Crickets) It was, you know... It really came down to those two shows. It was such a tough call. Look, we're launching a new network, we wanted to have the best shot we could. Not only for the new network, but also for Runaway, which is a family drama.

Ausiello: Did you ever think about keeping both 7th Heaven and Everwood? They have a pretty good thing going on Monday night.
Ostroff: The thing is, Everwood couldn't really start the night. We looked at the ratings for Everwood, and leading off the night...

Ausiello: No, I'm talking about leaving Everwood where it is at 9 pm after 7th Heaven.
Ostroff: We wanted to put a new show on the air and Runaway is a really good show. We couldn't have the whole schedule of returning shows.

Ausiello: What about giving Everwood a 13-episode commitment? That way, if Runaway tanks, Everwood could be on deck to fill in.
Ostroff: (Sigh) We wanted to try something new.

Ausiello: I hear the decision to renew Heaven was made after the ratings for the finale came in. True?
Ostroff: It [drew] over 7 million people. It's hard to ignore that.
Old 05-19-06, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ostroff is a moron.

A moron.

Of course, I think being a moron has to be the prerequisite for getting a studio/network job.
Old 05-19-06, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heh ... from the author claiming to be "The TV Addict":
For most of my life, I’ve been pretty lucky. I’ve never had a beloved show ripped away from me before its time. Most of my favourites had nice long runs. Sure there was the odd cancellation that upset me, Jack & Bobby, Grosse Pointe, Models Inc. to name a few - but overall I was happy and lucky (I never watched Angel!).
Um ... then you are not an addict. You barely even have a habit, closer to a "social user."

Oh, and yeah, the CW sounds like it's being run by idiots.

das
Old 05-19-06, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Well, they could've gone with ECW instead...
Old 05-19-06, 01:09 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Maybe they're just an addict of bad TV
Old 05-19-06, 02:17 AM

Well I do have to say, that I do understand the reasoning behind '7th Heaven' for some werid fricken reason that show was always the highest watched show on the WB, and although it is years beyond it's prime, its still watched by a lot of people... But still, I'm pretty sure come January, the CW could use more than one midseason replacement (and why do we need a repeat of 'America's Next Top Model')?
Old 05-19-06, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can only conclude that the repeat of ANTM is a statement that they believe they'd might as well not even try to program Sundays at 9 PM.
Old 05-19-06, 02:35 AM

But then again, my sister just had a valid explanation... The current ANTM repeats that aired on UPN usually had the same amount of viewers as the original airing of the episode, and the repeat will cost the network practically nothing, where a 22 episode series would cost about $30-40 Million
Old 05-19-06, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's just sick. There is something terribly wrong with the people who watch TV if ANTM reruns draw all the people the original airings do but yet these people are tuning out Veronica Mars immediately.
Old 05-19-06, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I wonder how much money was spent producing that Aquaman pilot. It sucks that it will never see the light of day.
Old 05-19-06, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OT: For all you Gregory Smith groupies. I am sure there is at least one somewhere.

"Everwood" star Gregory Smith has joined the cast of "Closing the Ring," a romantic drama being directed by Richard Attenborough and starring Christopher Plummer and Shirley MacLaine. The story, written by Peter Woodward, is set in motion when an American B-17 crashes near Belfast, Northern Ireland, and a dying gunner asks a local to return his ring to his girlfriend in the U.S. Half a century later, a man finds the ring, learns its history and tracks down the girlfriend.
Old 05-19-06, 07:15 PM

Well, this whole thread was nothing more than a kick in the teeth...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.