Reload this Page >

ABC 2006-07 Primetime Schedule

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-16-06, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Six New Comedies, Six New Dramas and Three New Alternative Series Will Join a Slate of Returning Shows

New Series Include "Betty the Ugly," "Big Day," "Brothers & Sisters," "Day Break," "Help Me Help You," "In Case of Emergency," "Greg Behrendt's Wake-Up Call," "Just for Laughs," "Let's Rob...," "Men in Trees," "The Nine," "Notes from the Underbelly," "Set for the Rest of Your Life," "Six Degrees" and "Traveler"

Returning Series Include "Grey's Anatomy," "Lost," "Desperate Housewives," "Dancing with the Stars," "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," "Boston Legal," "The Bachelor," "Supernanny," "What About Brian," "According to Jim," "America's Funniest Home Videos," "American Inventor," "George Lopez" and "Wife Swap"

"Grey's Anatomy" Moves to Thursday

"ABC Saturday Night College Football" Also Joins Fall Primetime Lineup

Prince Lorenzo Borghese Takes Throne as the New Bachelor

Stephen McPherson, president, ABC Entertainment, today outlined ABC's plans for next season and unveiled the network's 2006-07 fall schedule before a crowd of ABC affiliates and representatives of the advertising and media communities at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall.

Scheduled to debut next season are six new comedy series -- "Betty the Ugly," "Big Day," "Help Me Help You," "In Case of Emergency," "Let's Rob..." and "Notes From the Underbelly," along with six new drama series -- "Brothers & Sisters," "Day Break," "Men in Trees," "The Nine," "Six Degrees" and "Traveler." Alternative series debuts will include "Set for the Rest of Your Life," "Just for Laughs" and "Greg Behrendt's Wake-Up Call."

In addition to the new series, ABC has ordered season renewals for "Grey's Anatomy," "Lost," "Desperate Housewives," "Boston Legal," "Dancing with the Stars," "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," "George Lopez," "Supernanny," "What About Brian," "According to Jim," "America's Funniest Home Videos," "American Inventor," "The Bachelor" and "Wife Swap."

"Our success has been driven by great storytelling and memorable characters that audiences have fallen in love with," said Mr. McPherson. "We set out to develop a diverse group of shows that will continue in that vein and also to grow our audience. We want viewers making appointments with ABC Television every night of the week."

During the 2005-06 TV Season, ABC is up more in ratings than any other broadcaster in Adults 18-49 (+8%) and Total Viewers (+8%). It is the only network to grow its audience in the key demographic of Adults 18-49 from the same point a year ago. In just two years, since the end of the 2003-04 TV Season, ABC's primetime delivery has surged by 25% in Adults 18-49 and 21% in Total Viewers. The network is delivering its most-watched season and the highest-rated among Adults 18-49 in five years - since the same point in the 2000-01 TV Season.

Also joining the fall schedule is "ABC Saturday Night College Football." Beginning SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2006 (8:00 p.m., ET), ABC Sports will televise 12 games, concluding with the Dr. Pepper Big 12 Championship game on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2 (8:00 p.m., ET).

ABC also announced the new Bachelor, Prince Lorenzo Borghese, a handsome 33-year-old cosmetics entrepreneur. Prince Borghese has been selected to star in the ninth edition of "The Bachelor," ABC's popular romance reality series, which returns to the network this fall. Once again the series will be set outside the United States in one of the most glamorous, romantic capitals of the world - Rome!

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelor" is produced by Next Entertainment in Association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Lisa Levenson are the executive producers. David Bohnert is the co-executive producer.

Editors please note: Photographs are available on www.abcmedianet.com.

ABC's complete 22-hour fall primetime schedule is as follows (all times listed are Eastern, with new shows in bold):

DAY TIME SERIES

MONDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Wife Swap"
9:00 p.m. "The Bachelor"/"Supernanny"
10:00 p.m. "What About Brian"

TUESDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars" (new night)/"Set for the Rest of Your Life" (new alternative series)
9:00 p.m. "Let's Rob..." (new comedy series)
9:30 p.m. "Help Me Help You" (new comedy series)
10:00 p.m. "Boston Legal"

WEDNESDAY: 8:00 p.m.
"Dancing with the Stars" (new night)/"George Lopez"/"According to Jim" (new night)
9:00 p.m. "Lost"
10:00 p.m. "The Nine" (new drama series)

THURSDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Big Day" (new comedy series)
8:30 p.m. "Notes from the Underbelly" (new comedy series)
9:00 p.m. "Grey's Anatomy" (new night and time)
10:00 p.m. "Six Degrees" (new drama series)

FRIDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Betty the Ugly" (new comedy series)
9:00 p.m. "Men in Trees" (new drama series)
10:00 p.m. "20/20"

SATURDAY:
8:00 p.m. "ABC Saturday Night College Football"

SUNDAY:
7:00 p.m. "America's Funniest Home Videos"
8:00 p.m. "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"
9:00 p.m. "Desperate Housewives"
10:00 p.m. "Brothers & Sisters" (new drama series)
More info, including show descriptions: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/pr.aspx?id=20060516abc01
Old 05-16-06, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is an "alternative series"?... is that what they call reality tv now? or something different
Old 05-16-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Only Lost for me.

I'm glad I don't watch CSI or Grey's Anatomy. That's gonna be a brutal timeslot. Thank God NBC moved The Office an hour earlier. It would've been dead if it had stayed at 9:30ET.
Old 05-16-06, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

das
Old 05-16-06, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not surprised that According To Jim got renewed, even though one report posted here said it wouldn't be. AFAIK, it still performs fairly well, and since ABC has a dismal track record with sitcoms, it makes sense to keep it.
Old 05-16-06, 09:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey

das
Word.

Lost and Grey's for sure. Oh and Desperate Housewives.
Jim and George if there's nothing else on.

I guess no Invasion is official.
Old 05-16-06, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

so long freddie.... your wife still makes the big bucks in the house
Old 05-16-06, 09:18 AM

I am not happy with Grey's Anatomy's move to Thursday nights.
Old 05-16-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i thought the move was gonna be for Greys to Monday night to fill the void from MNF leaving... Very odd indeed... Gonna be tough to choose between GA and CSI...
Old 05-16-06, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I was curious to see Aaron Sorkin do a new show, but against CSI and Grey's anatomy seems like suicide. I mean Sports Night couldn't find an audience, what's the chance the new show will?
Old 05-16-06, 10:03 AM

Glad to see George Lopez is coming back but sad to see Freddie gone.
Old 05-16-06, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
so long freddie.... your wife still makes the big bucks in the house
Only thing that saddens me about this. Well that and some of the other crap that they brought back. At least Kim Smith is still going to be around.
Old 05-16-06, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ChefWinduAZ

Me neither. That is a brutal timeslot.
Old 05-16-06, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

grey's anatomy will get destroyed by csi.... why would they do that...
Old 05-16-06, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just finished reading the descriptions of those new shows. They all just sound horrible. Same goes for the new shows that have been added on NBC.
Old 05-16-06, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ChefWinduAZ
I was going to catch up to star watching in the fall, but I'm more interested in Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip and the second season of Supernatural (unless the CW moves it) which both likely to be in that timeslot.

Is Desperate Houswives that much of a pull still to merit putting something new in that 10pm Sunday slot with it as an anchor?

I will try out both new JJ Abrams shows too (What About Brian and Six Degrees) while maintaining LOST.
Old 05-16-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

no Sons and Daughters!? Son of a bitch. I don't know why they'd move Grey's to an already PACKED timeslot.... CSI, Grey's, Studio 60, The OC and Supernatural (assuming they don't switch the last two's slots)....stupid.

MATT
Old 05-16-06, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Yeah that's pretty lame, there's a ton of time slots, but instead, they're going to try and take down a giant.

Is it really THAT vital that a show "beats" CSI in it's own spot?
Old 05-16-06, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Monday night is going to be a disaster. The bachelor is aging and What About Brian is not going to be able to anchor that 10pm slot. I would have kept Dancing with the Stars on Thursday/Friday and moved Grey's Anatomy to Mondays at 9 or 10pm.
Old 05-16-06, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2
Yeah that's pretty lame, there's a ton of time slots, but instead, they're going to try and take down a giant.

I don't understand these types of moves either. Why take your hit show out of a spot that you do good in and put it up against an already existing hit show? You probably aren't going to overtake the existing show, so you still lose in that spot. And then you fill your good spot with a new show that is hit or miss, you may lose that spot. Does it ever really work when you move your hit show up against the already established show?
Old 05-16-06, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Without a Trace took down ER slowly over a few seasons.
Old 05-16-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Without a Trace took down ER slowly over a few seasons.
that was a new show always in the Thursday 10pm slot.
A better analogy is moving L&O:SVU to Tuesday at 10pm against judging Amy and some other stuff.
Also CSI started out on Fridays and moved to its current Thursday slot where it faced Fraser and started beating it.
Old 05-16-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, I have a good one that goes back a ways: Simpsons was moved from Sunday to Thursdays to take on The Cosby Show.
Old 05-16-06, 11:35 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not impressed with the new shows. "The Nine" sounds like a reversed Lost, with the flashbacks to the main story. 'Six Degrees' sounds dull. 'Day Break' could be either exciting or just derivative. Only 'Traveller' and 'Let's Rob...' sound interesting, premise-wise. And I'll give 'Big Day' a shot because of Marla Sokoloff. So far the NBC lineup is much more appealing.
Old 05-16-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2

THursdays at 9 and tuesdays at 8pm are death valleys..why anyone would put a show in those slots...is beyond me.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.