Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Any good Hard-to-Find games for NDS, -or- PSP?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have either system yet, and by the time that I buy them, I want to make sure that I don't have to pay E-Bay prices for the good games... Case in point, I got a Playstation late in the game, and I still haven't found Valkyrie Profile or the Lunar games.

Right now, I only have the Death Jr. Limited Edition for PSP (with the soundtrack.) I am in no rush to get the system, however.

On the other hand, I have 6 games for the DS, and will probably have a couple more within the month. I will probably get the DS Lite fairly soon.

I have:
Feel the Magic XY/XX (5 bucks)
Lost in Blue
Metroid Prime Pinball w/ rumble pak (20 bucks)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Puyo Pop Fever (10 bucks)
Sprung ($1.99 I think, at Best Buy)

I am planning to get Polarium soon for about 7.50, and either Trauma Center or Trace Memory for 20 bucks (I can't remember which one it was, although I want both.)

Here are most of the DS games that I think I'd enjoy...
Advance Wars DS, Boktai, Brain Age, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Children of Mana, Contact, Dragon Quest Monsters, Egg Monster Heroes, Electroplankton, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, Lost Magic, Lunar DS, Magnetica, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Meteos, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Nanostray, New Super Mario Brothers, One Piece, Rub Rabbits, Slime Morimori Dragon Quest, Super Mario 64 DS, Super Princess Peach, Tales of the Tempest, Tao's Adventures, Trace Memory, Trauma Center: Under the Knife, Vandal Hearts, Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour
Old 05-14-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elektroplancton is semi-limited edition. I don't think this is available in stores anywhere anymore.
Old 05-14-06, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center were hard to find for a while, but they've both gotten reprints.
Old 05-14-06, 01:49 PM

A japanese game called Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is probably the best hard to find game there is (although it's not exactly hard to find, it's just foreign). If you can import, I highly recommend it.
Old 05-14-06, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FWIW, the U.S. version of Ouendan, Elite Beat Agents, is on the way.
Old 05-14-06, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Trace Memory has been clearanced out of Target, and can maybe still be found. I got my copy for $10.
Old 05-14-06, 07:54 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ryuryu2949
Elektroplancton is semi-limited edition. I don't think this is available in stores anywhere anymore.
Actually, Electroplankton was never available in stores. It was made to be ordered online only.
Old 05-15-06, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
From what I have observed in person and according to posters at the Nintendo boards, new copies of Electroplankton are showing up at Game Stops...

Also, according to posts at the Nintendo boards, Elite Beat Agents is not a port, remake, or sequel to Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! but a "spiritual successor." In other words, it uses the game engine, and controls the same way, but the story and other aspects have nothing to do with the original game.
Old 05-15-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yup, Elite Beat Agents is a brand new game using the same engine. Other than the obvious reason of Ouendan using Japanese rock songs, the story segments are drowning in Japanese culture.. if released in its original form it would have been very niche (probably not even enough to cover costs of using the songs). I actually consider this pretty cool as I'll have both versions, it's a fun game!
Old 05-15-06, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I watched a video of a whole level of Elite Beat Agents and the localization of it is being handled very well. Its crazy just like the japanese version, and the music was appropriately chosen too. The game's been completely revamped but is still quirky as nuts, its almost like a sequel.
Old 05-18-06, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there really any reason for recently developed and released games to be rare anymore? The gaming market is incredibly strong. As long as there is a demand, publishers would be foolhardy not to supply it.
Old 05-18-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PrincessT
Is there really any reason for recently developed and released games to be rare anymore? The gaming market is incredibly strong. As long as there is a demand, publishers would be foolhardy not to supply it.
Unfortunately, yes. RPGs, unless Mario, Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts are still considered a niche genre. Games that use primary colors are instantly and negatively consider "kiddy" (as if kids are allowed to play games or something). Games without established characters or franchises that aren't dumbed down with gratuitous violence (or sex appeal) have hell making a name for themselves, sales wise (see: Beyond Good & Evil, Psychonauts; also see: what they did to Prince of Persia: Warrior Extreme). The market is strong but is also being crush by the weight of massive mainstream mediocrity.
Old 06-03-06, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Phoenix Wright is getting another reprint, since the first one was gone so quickly. It is scheduled to be shipping to retailers on June 14th.
Old 06-03-06, 04:06 PM
LiK

electroplankton is now basically only available at Nintendo's online store, any other stores still have probably have leftover stock. i think Nintendo mentioned on their site that it's only available directly from them now.

as for Ouendan!, don't get your hopes up for the US version. they changed the character designs and the music will be American stuff. the E3 demo played a US song. get the Japanese version as a companion tot he upcoming US one if you're into it
Old 06-03-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I have been waiting to see Phoenix Wright on the shelves again since I had heard such good things about it. Trace Memory was good, but I don't think long enough for full price which I believe I paid. I'm waiting for a price drop on Trauma Center because I heard it was so short.

BTW, Psychonauts was amazing except for the last level which was so frustrating I had to start a thread about it. Otherwise amazing level design, and very fun powers.
Old 06-03-06, 05:13 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Ive seen Elektroplankton at every GS ive been too.
Old 06-03-06, 05:41 PM

your sure that PW was delayed until a few more weeks I thought it had come out around that time in April.
Old 06-03-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brewc
your sure that PW was delayed until a few more weeks I thought it had come out around that time in April.
That was the first reprint. Now there is another reprint.
Old 06-04-06, 09:06 AM

where did they have PW at? All I have locally is a mom & pop video game store and they keep saying cannot order it and a super walmart are my options unless I drive 90 mint to a CC or BB and mall.

Last edited by Brewc; 06-04-06 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-04-06, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

With the first reprint, it was pretty much hit-or-miss as to what stores had them. I've heard that some people can still find them at Fry's or Gamerush, while others never saw them in any stores.

As for the second reprint, FYE.com and samgoody.com are already taking preorders. Both have free shipping.
Old 06-05-06, 01:39 AM

Jeremy517, thanks for the tip. Guess I'll order and see what happens
Old 06-06-06, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This is obviously YMMV, but Gamestop and EBGames have their Buy-Two-Used-Get-One-Free sale, and the Gamestop by me had two copies of Trauma Center. I've read of other people that have found it during the sale also.

The game is definitely getting more and more rare. The price at Gamestop was $25, which is less than it is going for on eBay. Factor in the B2G1 sale, and it was an incredible deal. Mine was in perfect condition too.
Old 06-14-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you want Phoenix Wright, you better hurry.

FYE and Sam Goody appear to have sold out of their shipment, since both list it as backordered. The remainder of the Walmart stock will be gone some time today. Yesterday, there were over 200 left and now, as of this message, there are 68 left.
Old 06-14-06, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wal-Mart is now down to 29
Old 06-14-06, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is just about the best game for the DS that is out of print and not too easy to find, but not too difficult either.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.