Disney Movie Club part 5

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-06, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the info!
Old 08-14-06, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it bears repeating that the best apparent way to fulfill your account is to wait for a free shipping code. unfulfilled accounts never get BOGOF offers, and the frequent 20% off codes take the purchase price below the critical $19.95 threshold.
Old 08-14-06, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know if you can order more than one of the same title for enrollment? I know with CH, its frowned upon, but with several titles being "Disney Exclusive," I'd like to get an extra or two of the Ducktales movie for gifts if its cool/unlikely to get me blacklisted...
Old 08-14-06, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Anyone know if you can order more than one of the same title for enrollment? I know with CH, its frowned upon, but with several titles being "Disney Exclusive," I'd like to get an extra or two of the Ducktales movie for gifts if its cool/unlikely to get me blacklisted...
I'm not sure. I wouldn't get more than 2 of the same title just to be safe. You can always buy more as your required purchases later on with a Free shipping or discount offer.
Old 08-14-06, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by crabbing
it bears repeating that the best apparent way to fulfill your account is to wait for a free shipping code. unfulfilled accounts never get BOGOF offers, and the frequent 20% off codes take the purchase price below the critical $19.95 threshold.
This is what bugs me. When I had an unfulfilled account I was constantly receiving these discount codes in e-mail. You would usually need to purchase 1 at regular price and additional selections would be discounted. I would carefully read the fine print where it stated, "discounted titles will not count towards your fulfillment agreement".

There was even a code with 10% off your entire order and FREE shipping and the above clause was not expressly stated. I felt certain that even a $19.95 selection discounted by 10% would count towards my required purchases. I placed an order for 2 $21.95 selections and the 10% discount took them just below $19.95 ...around $19.76 each and shipping was FREE.

It was a couple of months later when I learned that those did not count towards fulfillment because they were below $19.95 with the discount even though there was nowhere in the small print about "discounted titles will not count towards your fulfillment agreement". They re-adjusted the price back to $21.95 and I was billed for the additional amount.

Why not just add the additional amount required to make them $19.95 -- that would make the discount 9% or 9.5%. It was only 19 cents!

Anyways, you're correct, FREE shipping codes seem the only cost effective way to make required purchases on an unfulfilled account.
Old 08-14-06, 10:05 PM

When I joined, I ordered 2 copies of DUCKTALES: The Movie with my initial enrollment and they shipped them both with no problem.
Old 08-15-06, 11:11 AM

So far I've ordered two copies of the Ducktales movie and three Rocketmans. Nothing happened to me. But these weren't enrollment titles, they were fulfillments so it might be different.
Old 08-15-06, 03:26 PM

I've had orders that disappeared from the "order status" section of their site as well as orderes that took well over a month to ship but I've never had a title simply not show up.

Have you tried forwarding a copy of your order, one that included titles they never shipped, to customer service to see what explanation they offered??
Old 08-16-06, 09:31 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DVD King
multiple accounts possible? Can someone answer this?
Yes you can have multiple accounts to the same shipping address, HOWEVER, the billing address must be different on the Credit Cards. So if you have a credit card hooked to a PO BOX somehwere or a different house, you can have the movies sent to the same address!
Old 08-17-06, 10:41 AM
Cool New Member

Ok, I am in the DMC. I joined last year - promptly fulfilled my obligations by using a 33% off code for the Disney treasure Waves and the Miyuzaki 3 pack. These movies completed my requirements. I also somehow got free shipping... go figure.

But, I have not purchased anything from them since. EB and Gamestop have cheaper prices on Disney, and you can combine buy 2 get 1 free with the 10% off.

Just my advice...

Matthew
Old 08-19-06, 04:15 PM

It has been said that you can have multiple accounts at one time - what about cancelling and re-signing up?I'm new to these clubs, and want to get the best deal I can. I believe I read at Columbia house you can cancel and sign up over and over. Does Disney allow this, or are the benefits of fullfilled membership better than the enrollment benifits?
Old 08-21-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I can add my recent dealing

I have a fulfilled account which I didn't want to cancel so I started a new one everything seemed to be going through got my member # everything and then it was cancelled because I already had an account at the same address with them So i guess they are checking a little more ... I even used a different CC and email addy...

but i guess you can still try and see if it works for you...

thanks for all the help on this forum
Old 08-24-06, 04:31 PM

I'm new to this site. I would like to join the disneydvd club. I have a code. I know its already in the post but I can not find where to put the code. When I clink on the link it says nothing about entering a code. Can somebody please give me link so I can enter a code, thanks
Old 08-24-06, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Go to Disney Movie Club.com and at the left there is a sign-in form for 'Returning Members'. Look below that for the To Sign Up Now click here link. It will redirect you to another page where the promotional code form appears.

http://disney.videos.go.com/General/ splash2?from=splash

Remove the spaces from the above URL.
Old 08-25-06, 11:15 PM

Narnia Available by Phone

To answer my own question from above, even though for whatever reason The Chronicles of Narnia does not yet appear on the member's website, you can order it for fulfillment by phone.
Old 08-26-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tufnel
To answer my own question from above, even though for whatever reason The Chronicles of Narnia does not yet appear on the member's website, you can order it for fulfillment by phone.
Narnia became the Main Selection for the club mailing shortly after your post above, 7/17. It now shows up on the website front page.
Old 08-26-06, 12:44 PM

Oddly enough, for me it doesn't. Doesn't show up on A-Z or searches either.
I'm not sure if it's an account-specific thing, or a browser problem (I use Safari and tried clearing cookies, no dice.
Old 08-26-06, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a sign up leaflet in the mail which shows Chronicles of Narnia WS #255 and they have Dumbo Big top Edition #110 and also Pooh's Grand Adventure SE #274 even High School Musical Encore Edition # 275 and the new Little House on the Priarie Move # 276
the offer is 4 movies for 1.99 each and 4 more to buy when you get another for 14.95
plus FREE Shipping

Wow cool sign ups

well thought I would share

laters

Last edited by DisneyDVDFAN; 08-26-06 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-28-06, 03:53 PM

I can't seem to find Lady and the Tramp on the enrollment page. Is it at least available as a fullfillment?
Old 08-28-06, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lady And The Tramp: 50th Anniversary Edition 4023303 DVD $21.95 $21.95

as a fulfillment I guess
Old 08-29-06, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
I got a sign up leaflet in the mail which shows Chronicles of Narnia WS #255 and they have Dumbo Big top Edition #110 and also Pooh's Grand Adventure SE #274 even High School Musical Encore Edition # 275 and the new Little House on the Priarie Move # 276
the offer is 4 movies for 1.99 each and 4 more to buy when you get another for 14.95
plus FREE Shipping

Wow cool sign ups

well thought I would share

laters
I just got this offer in the mail today. The online code is 764020.
Old 08-29-06, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How Man Fulfillments is $49.95

I am contemplating buying Alias Season 2 for $49.95 but don't know how many fulfillments this would be. Is there any way to know this? The FAQ made it sound like you buy the box set and then they'll let you know some time down the road if it was enough.
Old 08-29-06, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by sumdeus
I am contemplating buying Alias Season 2 for $49.95 but don't know how many fulfillments this would be. Is there any way to know this? The FAQ made it sound like you buy the box set and then they'll let you know some time down the road if it was enough.
I think any set priced above $40 counts as two. If you have a catalog nearby just leaf through it until you find a set and near the price it will state how many fulfillmet credits it counts for.
Old 08-29-06, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hey looked through a catalog i had and those sets over 40.00 says they count as 2 towards commitment ...
Old 08-30-06, 08:18 AM

So Dinosaurs Seasons 1/2 at 39.95 would not count as two fullfillments.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.