Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Disney Movie Club part 5

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

hwanch
01-30-08, 01:37 PM
They'll send it later, mine took about 2 weeks

Thanks. I got a little worried that they might have changed things and offered the B5G 50% only now.

bloopbleep
01-31-08, 10:34 AM
Just became a VIP member and my VIP introduction letter only had the B1 get 50% off. Didn't get any codes for B1G1. Does this usually come first, or do they send the B1G1 code later?
actually the B1 get 50% off is better than B1G1 code as you only have to buy 1 at regular price and rest are all 50 percent off, while other code is buy one regular price + free, then another regular price + free, a even better code is buy 1 get rest 60 percent off.

jewellrunner
01-31-08, 11:22 AM
Anyone know when the club is going to get Lost Season 3? I'm waiting to use it as a fulfillment, but they seem to be extremely slow getting it added.

smashthesymbols
01-31-08, 01:08 PM
actually the B1 get 50% off is better than B1G1 code as you only have to buy 1 at regular price and rest are all 50 percent off, while other code is buy one regular price + free, then another regular price + free, a even better code is buy 1 get rest 60 percent off.
That assumes you're purchasing a large quantity at once, and if that's the case you're probably better off canceling and re-enrolling. If you just want a couple titles the B1G1 is obviously much better.

Also, the B1G1 isn't unlimited unless things have changed since I became a VIP.

blued888
01-31-08, 09:04 PM
Signed up today using 5 for $1.00 code to get the following:

Toy Story 1
Toy Story 2
Aladdin
Cars
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Pixar Short Films Collection

cerulean
01-31-08, 11:26 PM
When have they had B1 get 60% off? I've been vip for a couple of years and have never seen it.

And Lost S3 may not be included for a couple of months as they've only recently added the TV shows that were released in September.

GrayByrd
02-01-08, 03:42 PM
I signed up on Jan. 18 using 5 for $1.00 code to get the following:

Pirates 3
Cinderella 2
Cinderella 3
Aladdin
Aladdin 2

I haven't got my movies yet and I'm wondering why. To make matters worst three of the movies are supposed have gone into the vault on the Jan. 31. Will I still get them?

chrisih8u
02-01-08, 03:46 PM
I wouldnt panic yet. I placed an order on the 22nd and I havent gotten my mine yet, either. They need to work on their speed.

Also, I just received Cars and Ratatouille that I didnt order. This was mentioned a couple pages ago. How did that work out for people?

blued888
02-01-08, 05:45 PM
I believe it takes them 2-4 weeks for initial shipment. Maybe a member can confirm that for us.

BobO'Link
02-01-08, 07:47 PM
I signed up on Jan. 18 ... I haven't got my movies yet and I'm wondering why. To make matters worst three of the movies are supposed have gone into the vault on the Jan. 31. Will I still get them?
It's *only* been 2 weeks as of today! Give it another week or two before you start to worry. Check your CC online to see if/when the enrollment charge posted (*not* a temp charge) and give it a week or two after that date as they will not charge your CC until shipment occurs. Selections usually come USPS media mail which can easily take a couple of weeks to deliver following shipment. If you haven't seen the order 30 (or more) days following the actual charge on your CC then you might want to give CS a call to check things out. However, don't even bother before then as they will not reship an order until it's been at least 30 days following initial shipment.

You should get the titles that went into the vault as you ordered them prior to the cutoff date.

This also assumes you've been accepted. If you have you should have received a "Welcome to the club" email with login instructions. That email usually arrives the same time the enrollment order is being processed for shippment.

hwanch
02-01-08, 10:04 PM
That assumes you're purchasing a large quantity at once, and if that's the case you're probably better off canceling and re-enrolling. If you just want a couple titles the B1G1 is obviously much better.

Also, the B1G1 isn't unlimited unless things have changed since I became a VIP.

How is the Disney Movie club on canceling and re-enrolling? I could be wrong, but I heard that it was harder to do than Columbia House. You might not get accepted again into the club so quickly.

Anyhow, there isn't enough titles that I want for me bother with the whole cancel and re-enroll thing. I ended just buying a few titles I wanted using the B1G 50% off. In the end, it's only a few bucks more per DVD than the initial enrollment costs.

bloopbleep
02-02-08, 07:58 AM
When have they had B1 get 60% off? I've been vip for a couple of years and have never seen it.

I have gotten it twice in the last 6 weeks. It was a email. buy one at regular price, get each dvd 60 percent off. Blu-rays are excluded.

bloopbleep
02-02-08, 08:00 AM
How is the Disney Movie club on canceling and re-enrolling? I could be wrong, but I heard that it was harder to do than Columbia House. You might not get accepted again into the club so quickly.

Anyhow, there isn't enough titles that I want for me bother with the whole cancel and re-enroll thing. I ended just buying a few titles I wanted using the B1G 50% off. In the end, it's only a few bucks more per DVD than the initial enrollment costs.
yes, I would love to cancel and enroll but I heard it`s not like columbia house. they are much stricter.

Cheato
02-02-08, 09:03 AM
I quit about 6 weeks ago, and at the end of the phone conversation, the woman told me they'd be glad to have me back at any time, and urged me to re-apply. I had never purchased anything beyond my fulfillment titles.

A week later, I reapplied, was accepted, and got my new batch of enrollments.

SFranke
02-02-08, 11:33 AM
yes, I would love to cancel and enroll but I heard it`s not like columbia house. they are much stricter.
Stricter in the sense you're only allowed 3 copies of the same title per address instead of 5 and only one account open per address at any time.

HyperWeather
02-04-08, 08:31 AM
Also, I just received Cars and Ratatouille that I didnt order. This was mentioned a couple pages ago. How did that work out for people?

It should have been Pixar Shorts not Cars, but anyways if you didn't get a note in the mail from them with a return addressed label envelope to send it back, just call them and they will credit your account immediately.

starman9000
02-04-08, 08:44 AM
Well, I just got me enrollment package and one of the titles is wrong. They have a picture of Tales from Avonlea the Complete First Season on the website, however, the title is actually Tales from Avonlea: Beginnings, which is a 2 disc best of type set, not the 3 disc first season. I notice now that if you click on the title, it switches to the correct image.

Hopefully it won't be too much of a pain to swap that for either the correct or an alternate title.

blued888
02-04-08, 04:22 PM
I just received the welcome e-mail. Does that mean my order has shipped? I ordered 1/31.

That'sAllFolks
02-04-08, 05:27 PM
Someone has said is this thread that you get a B1G1 when you fulfill an account. I have yet to receive one .. is this by email or phone?

chrisih8u
02-04-08, 05:29 PM
It should have been Pixar Shorts not Cars, but anyways if you didn't get a note in the mail from them with a return addressed label envelope to send it back, just call them and they will credit your account immediately.

Oops. Yeah, it was Pixar Shorts. I'll call tomorrow. Thanks.

hwanch
02-05-08, 09:26 AM
Someone has said is this thread that you get a B1G1 when you fulfill an account. I have yet to receive one .. is this by email or phone?

When did you fulfill your account? I fulfilled my account near the beginning of January, and I got a welcome to VIP letter with the B1G 50% off additional titles code through snail mail about a week ago.

I still have yet to receive my B1G1 code, but someone on the forums mentioned that it should come soon after the welcome letter so I'm still waiting for that.

Jane2001
02-05-08, 10:13 AM
When did you fulfill your account? I fulfilled my account near the beginning of January, and I got a welcome to VIP letter with the B1G 50% off additional titles code through snail mail about a week ago.

I still have yet to receive my B1G1 code, but someone on the forums mentioned that it should come soon after the welcome letter so I'm still waiting for that.

FYI - I never got mine, it's been at least 3 months since I became a VIP.

CombatCraig
02-06-08, 02:39 PM
It's *only* been 2 weeks as of today! Give it another week or two before you start to worry. Check your CC online to see if/when the enrollment charge posted (*not* a temp charge) and give it a week or two after that date as they will not charge your CC until shipment occurs. Selections usually come USPS media mail which can easily take a couple of weeks to deliver following shipment. If you haven't seen the order 30 (or more) days following the actual charge on your CC then you might want to give CS a call to check things out. However, don't even bother before then as they will not reship an order until it's been at least 30 days following initial shipment.

You should get the titles that went into the vault as you ordered them prior to the cutoff date.

This also assumes you've been accepted. If you have you should have received a "Welcome to the club" email with login instructions. That email usually arrives the same time the enrollment order is being processed for shippment.

I signed up on 1/29 and my movies were shipped today (2/6). Hope that helps.

blued888
02-06-08, 02:43 PM
Signed up 1/31, order shipped today. Maybe they ship orders by batches.

hwanch
02-09-08, 08:27 AM
FYI - I never got mine, it's been at least 3 months since I became a VIP.

Did you get the B1G additional at 50% off at least? Now I'm wondering if they got rid of the B!g! and replaced it w/ the 50% thing.

Sharad
02-20-08, 05:54 PM
Does anyone have a free shipping code?

That'sAllFolks
03-04-08, 02:36 PM
I searched their website and the first couple of pages of this thread.

Is there any way to contact them by email?

I know I can call and probabley will, but I have an order that's been sitting in stasis for 2 weeks and haven't received a shipping notice or anything. (Surprise, surprises it has a lot of treasures with a 50% discount)

Sandyk67
03-04-08, 03:04 PM
At the top right side of the home page you will see a FAQ link, click on that, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the question and answer panel, click on that and it will take you to the email form with several options for the topic, one of which is "Order Status". Before you get to that it will prompt you to log in if you are not already.

blued888
03-06-08, 08:24 PM
Is now a good time to fulfill my account? I am still committed to buy 3. I ask this because they currently have a buy 1 at regular price and get the additional ones at 25% off.

BobO'Link
03-07-08, 07:08 AM
^Keep in mind that *any* discount that reduces the price of a selection below the $19.95 minimum purchase threshold for fulfillment titles will cause that selection to NOT count as a fulfillment. So I would say "no" now is not a good time. Wait for free shipping with no other discount.

CombatCraig
03-07-08, 07:13 AM
Yeah stupid me decided to collect the Platinum Editions now and ordered Mermaid finding out that it's now on sale for like 12 bucks at BB :( sadness

That'sAllFolks
03-07-08, 02:05 PM
At the top right side of the home page you will see a FAQ link, click on that, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the question and answer panel, click on that and it will take you to the email form with several options for the topic, one of which is "Order Status". Before you get to that it will prompt you to log in if you are not already.

I must've gone down those questions 10 times and missed that BIG contact link staring me right in the face. THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

shadowbox
03-08-08, 12:19 PM
Does anybody know how long it usually takes for new releases to hit the club? I'm eager to buy 101 Dalmations along with some others to make my fulfillment.

Thanks!

BobO'Link
03-08-08, 12:48 PM
Yeah stupid me decided to collect the Platinum Editions now and ordered Mermaid finding out that it's now on sale for like 12 bucks at BB :( sadness
That's pretty typical. But if you've not yet fulfilled your obligation the average cost should be ~$9-$11 depending on the enrollment code you used. So you're still getting a better deal than from BB.

blued888
03-08-08, 04:20 PM

You can still return them if you haven't opened them and you're within the 30 day timeframe.

I bought 6 Disney titles at Target and saw the Disney Movie Club. Good thing I didn't open them and was able to return them for a refund.

johnsun
03-09-08, 11:41 AM
Hi. What's currently the best enrollment code? It's taking me too much time to wade through each page. Can the OP update the first post with enrollment codes/sale codes?
Thanks

rednowgreen
03-09-08, 01:19 PM
Hi. What's currently the best enrollment code? It's taking me too much time to wade through each page. Can the OP update the first post with enrollment codes/sale codes?
Thanks

908001, this will get you 5 dvds for a $1 and four more to buy over the next 2 years. If you take the $14.95 bonus dvd then you will only need to buy 3 over the next two years. In order for this to work you have to use a credit card, otherwise their $1.99 each.

johnsun
03-09-08, 01:24 PM
Thanks rednowgreen. Does anyone know if they it would work if I had a debit Mastercard? I haven't tried using it online, but I heard it works the same as a credit card, but it take directly from my bank account..
Later

CalebAndCo
03-10-08, 07:37 AM
Thanks rednowgreen. Does anyone know if they it would work if I had a debit Mastercard? I haven't tried using it online, but I heard it works the same as a credit card, but it take directly from my bank account..
Later
They say that debit cards are not accepted, and when I tried to sign up with one, it declined. But once I was in (paying with a regular CC), I was able to change it to my debit card.

efordvt
03-11-08, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know how long it typically takes for a movie to show up in the club? I would like to re-join but I don't see 101 Dalmations available.

riotinmyskull
03-11-08, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know how long it typically takes for a movie to show up in the club? I would like to re-join but I don't see 101 Dalmations available.

about a month or two

smashthesymbols
03-12-08, 12:30 AM
Does anybody know how long it usually takes for new releases to hit the club? I'm eager to buy 101 Dalmations along with some others to make my fulfillment.

Thanks!
101 Dalmatians is the new featured selection.

riotinmyskull
03-12-08, 04:50 AM
any free shipping codes?

efordvt
03-12-08, 08:00 AM

Not for people who are not currently members.

jewellrunner
03-12-08, 09:11 AM
I'm a member and saw an add while logged in that said Enchanted is coming soon to the club. Anyone know if this will be available the day it's released in stores?

rednowgreen
03-12-08, 10:12 AM
I'm a member and saw an add while logged in that said Enchanted is coming soon to the club. Anyone know if this will be available the day it's released in stores?

http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/special/101_460x195_comingSoon.jpg

It should be available after the 101 Dalmatians feature title ends which would be 4/8/08

jewellrunner
03-12-08, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Question: Currently, the have the LOST seasons on sale for $39.95. Will those count as two fulfillments? The regularly priced $39.95 items do, I know, but since this is a 'sale', I want to make sure it's going to count before I place the order. Anyone know?? Thanks!

smashthesymbols
03-12-08, 07:06 PM
Not for people who are not currently members.
Well obviously. If you're not a member you're not going to have a featured selection at all. He was asking about when it would be available so he could fulfill an account with it.

melih69
03-13-08, 02:12 AM
I just enrolled for the DMC and I received an email saying that "Save 25% + Your Featured Title" . Instead of doing this I want to get two titles at regular club price ($ 19.95) with free shipping so both of them would be count as fulfillment. Does anybody have a free shipping code and how does that work ? I have CH account but this is little bit different then CH. I found couple of old codes like 86114 but I still get the 25% of on the second title instead of FREE SHIPPING when i enter the code. I will appreciate if someone could help me out. THANKS.

BobO'Link
03-13-08, 08:12 AM
^You'll just have to be patient. Free shipping codes come around, just not very frequently. Seems to be about every 3-4 months or so. DMC does not seem to have lots of codes like CH does and the few people find/have usually get posted here.

jewellrunner
03-13-08, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Question: Currently, the have the LOST seasons on sale for $39.95. Will those count as two fulfillments? The regularly priced $39.95 items do, I know, but since this is a 'sale', I want to make sure it's going to count before I place the order. Anyone know?? Thanks!

Bumping my question. If anyone knows, please share. I don't want to miss this sale if it qualifies!

jewellrunner
03-13-08, 12:39 PM
Just got off the phone with a customer service rep with the Disney dvd club. She informed me that any item ONE item is only good for ONE fulfillment, no matter the cost. I could've sworn that wasn't the case?!? Will anyone who's had recent experience ordering $39.95+ titles please confirm that she is, in fact, wrong, and that they do count for 2 fulfillments??

BobO'Link
03-13-08, 06:44 PM
^According to the monthly flyer, "Zorro: The Complete First Season" which sells regularly for $59.95 counts as 3 units toward purchase commitment. Based on that I would like to think that a $39.95 title should count as 2 units. Unfortunately I do not have any mailings that have titles at that price point to be able to verify this conjecture.

rednowgreen
03-13-08, 07:20 PM
Just got off the phone with a customer service rep with the Disney dvd club. She informed me that any item ONE item is only good for ONE fulfillment, no matter the cost. I could've sworn that wasn't the case?!? Will anyone who's had recent experience ordering $39.95+ titles please confirm that she is, in fact, wrong, and that they do count for 2 fulfillments??

I do believe that she is wrong, looking back at past flyers, dvds priced at $39.95 count as 2, and anything priced at $59.95 or higher counts as three. But seeing that the item your wanting is a sale item, you might want to try calling back again. Hopefully talking to someone else.....rednowgreen

jewellrunner
03-13-08, 09:15 PM
Thanks all for the help. Yeah, what concerned me is that I didn't even tell her what I was interested in. I just started the conversation asking her to confirm that items over $39.95 are 2 fulfillments, and to my surprise she said no. I'll try again and see if I can get a hold of someone who actually knows how their club works.

SFranke
03-13-08, 10:10 PM
Thanks all for the help. Yeah, what concerned me is that I didn't even tell her what I was interested in. I just started the conversation asking her to confirm that items over $39.95 are 2 fulfillments, and to my surprise she said no. I'll try again and see if I can get a hold of someone who actually knows how their club works.
Don't bother. According to CS, you can't use a title as a fulfillment if you use a promotion code. The DMC computer knows the score, however, and the computer counts your qualifying fulfillment purchases.

shadowbox
03-17-08, 03:58 PM

It doesn't show up when I log into the site, just says the Featured Title decision page is not available. :hscratch: I guess I'll just call & order that way. Thanks for the reply!

em072205
03-20-08, 05:13 PM
I just signed up about an hour ago in which (great thanks to this forum! :) ) I was able to get 5 dvd's for a 1 and another one for 14.95 and only have three to fullfill in two years. It said I would receive a confirmation email in an hour, in which I have not gotten but I am able to log into my account and was able to sign up for the featured title of 101 Dalmations (yeah! My daughter is so happy...7 dvd's for 45...that's about 7 bucks each, can't be beat!). I never got a confirmation email of anything and I'm wondering, did everyone else get one when they signed up online and when they ordered something?? What is the email address it's coming from so that I can make sure to add it to my safe list.

homern3d
03-21-08, 09:55 AM
The one hour thing doesn't really happen. It took about 2 days for me to receive the approval letter.

You'll get a confirmation email from DMCSupport@movieclubinfo.com.

masuerte
04-04-08, 01:47 AM
Anybody got a free shipping code at all? been waiting like 5 months to fulfill my account with a good code and nothing good comes in the mail ... I also have VIP but I'm gonna exchange one of my orders with something else hopefully. How long can you keep an unopened DVD before they won't accept a return/refund/exchange on it anymore?

mazzystar
04-07-08, 08:11 PM
Frakk. I just received a package, and thinking it was from deep discount I opened it. It's freaking Meet the Robinsons from Disney Movie Club. Any way I could just tape up the top of the package, and return to sender?

rednowgreen
04-07-08, 08:36 PM
Frakk. I just received a package, and thinking it was from deep discount I opened it. It's freaking Meet the Robinsons from Disney Movie Club. Any way I could just tape up the top of the package, and return to sender?

If you didn't order it, give them a call. Either they will let you keep it or they will sent you a pre-paid stamp. There really nice about the whole thing, mainly because it's there fault..... but just give them a call and see how it goes.

smashthesymbols
04-07-08, 09:23 PM
Are you certain you've declined all your featured selections the last few months? If you are contact them, they've made a mistake and should give you a prepaid label to return it and they'll issue a refund. If you missed a featured selection you can still return it but you're out the shipping.

mazzystar
04-07-08, 09:34 PM
Frak. I usually check every month, but I might have missed a month. I taped it up and included the return label. Guess I'm out a few dollars. Garrrhhrr.

drh4
04-08-08, 01:45 PM
got a mailer from Chase with a Disney club offer:

-5 intro titles for $1 total, shipped if a chase card is provided
-4 more to fulfill, or 3 if one more bought at $14.95 and no S/H.

promo code is 979001

Thought this might be as good or better than anything out there. Hope it helps someone.

EDIT: I see this is the same terms as above, but no better.

riotinmyskull
04-08-08, 05:20 PM
just to let everyone know; looks like ENCHANTED is the new featured selection and the default code seems to offer FREE SHIPPING W/ PURCHASE OF 2 OR MORE.

rednowgreen
04-08-08, 05:31 PM
New Exclusives

http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/billnye_digestionandrespira_53x76.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/billnye_motionandfriction_53x76.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/billnye_pollutionandpopulat_53x76.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/billnye_stormsandatmosphere_53x76.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/billnye_planetsandgravity_53x76.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/disneysafety2pack_53x76.gif

- Bill Nye the Science Guy: Digestion & Respiration 21.95
- Bill Nye the Science Guy: Motion & Friction $21.95
- Bill Nye the Science Guy: Pollution Solution & Population $21.95
- Bill Nye the Science Guy: Storms & Atmosphere $21.95
- Bill Nye the Science Guy: The Planets & Gravity $21.95
- Disney's Safety Smart 2-Pack $19.95

Next Month

http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/special/enchanted_460x195_comingSoon.jpg

homern3d
04-08-08, 06:04 PM
just to let everyone know; looks like ENCHANTED is the new featured selection and the default code seems to offer FREE SHIPPING W/ PURCHASE OF 2 OR MORE.

How're you getting this code? My default is still stuck at the 25% off with purchase of 1.

hwanch
04-09-08, 10:19 PM
How're you getting this code? My default is still stuck at the 25% off with purchase of 1.

I have a different offer. Feature selection is Enchanted and I get free shipping when I order 1 at regular price, plus 40% off additional movies. I think this is for VIP members only though.

strawberryshortcake
04-16-08, 10:36 PM
Which Studio Ghibli Titles are available through the Disney Movie club?

Is there a reason why titles such as Pom Poko, Nausicca, Totoro can't be found through the on-line sign up page? Are they exclusive only to members and non-current members? OR are they not even available as a club selection?
http://disney.videos.go.com/General/Acquisition/SignUp/Search

I'm trying to sign up and have 5 titles in my shopping cart, but would like to fill it will other Ghibli titles.

(1) Howl's Moving Castle
(2) Whisper of the Heart
(3) Castle in the Sky
(4) Porco Rosso
(5) The Cat Returns
(6)

I already have the following titles in my personal DVD collection:
(1) Spirited Away
(2) Kiki's Delivery Service
(3) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (But why isn't this title available through on-line's disney movie club)
(4) Princess Mononoke
(5) My Neighbor Yamadas
(6) Grave of the Fireflies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Ghibli

Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind March 4, 1984 Hayao Miyazaki
Laputa: Castle in the Sky August 2, 1986 Hayao Miyazaki
Grave of the Fireflies April 16, 1988 Isao Takahata
My Neighbor Totoro April 16, 1988 Hayao Miyazaki
Kiki's Delivery Service July 29, 1989 Hayao Miyazaki
Only Yesterday July 20, 1991 Isao Takahata
Porco Rosso July 18, 1992 Hayao Miyazaki
I Can Hear the Sea May 5, 1993 Tomomi Mochizuki
Pom Poko July 16, 1994 Isao Takahata
Whisper of the Heart July 15, 1995
Princess Mononoke July 12, 1997 Hayao Miyazaki
My Neighbors the Yamadas July 17, 1999 Isao Takahata
Spirited Away July 27, 2001 Hayao Miyazaki
The Cat Returns July 20, 2002 Hiroyuki Morita
Howl's Moving Castle November 20, 2004 Hayao Miyazaki
Tales from Earthsea July 29, 2006 Gorō Miyazaki
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea July 19, 2008 Hayao Miyazaki[/u]

smashthesymbols
04-16-08, 10:46 PM
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is available through the club, even as an enrollment. You're probably not finding it because of the diacritic mark over the second a. Search for just "valley of the wind" and it'll show up. Pom Poko and Totoro are available to members, but apparently aren't enrollment titles for whatever reason.

BobO'Link
04-17-08, 06:01 PM

Expires 5/5/08

Standard shipping only.

Don't know if it works for more than 2 in an order but I would think it would.

homern3d
04-21-08, 03:44 PM
FS code not working for me. VIP only code?

Sandyk67
04-21-08, 04:34 PM
No it isn't a VIP code, I'm not a VIP and I got the free shipping email and snail mail.

homern3d
04-22-08, 11:15 AM
Do you need to get the free shipping offer email to use this code? I've been trying to enter it with different combinations of items in my cart and I've never been able to apply it.

Sandyk67
04-22-08, 01:33 PM
It should tell about the free shipping on the banner at the top of the page and it is done without having to add the code, just be sure you choose dvds that are at least $19.95.

homern3d
04-22-08, 02:18 PM
Strange. I still get the B1 get 25% off banner. Oh well. :\ Maybe it'll show up later.

VamPirateXXX
04-23-08, 10:12 AM
I got a mailing a few days ago with a catalog that lists 50% off when you buy 1 at regular price. The code is 86502, expires May 5.

However when I enter the code, it says it's not valid with my membership. The mailing also shows a free 101 Dalmations pin with any purchase, but that is also not on the site. Is this normal? Do offers normally take a while to show up on the site? I am a VIP and have been for a while now.

GMLSKIS
04-24-08, 12:11 AM
Is the 3rd Pirates movie (Pirates of the Caribbean At Words End) the single or 2 disc version - Thanks.

joltman
04-24-08, 06:02 AM
Is the 3rd Pirates movie (Pirates of the Caribbean At Words End) the single or 2 disc version - Thanks.
They have both versions, but for enrollment it looks like it's the one-disc.

y0girlg0tskillz
05-17-08, 06:58 PM
I have a quick question (and yes, I'm new to DVD Talk), do the movies under "Grown Up Hits" count toward fulfillments as well?

rednowgreen
05-17-08, 08:22 PM
I have a quick question (and yes, I'm new to DVD Talk), do the movies under "Grown Up Hits" count toward fulfillments as well?

Yes, every title on the site priced at $19.95 or higher counts towards your fulfilment.

BobO'Link
05-17-08, 08:42 PM
^Keep in mind that it must be $19.95 or higher *after* any and ALL discounts. If a discount causes a title to fall below $19.95 it no longer counts as a fulfillment.

y0girlg0tskillz
05-17-08, 09:05 PM
Oh okay, cool, because I registered last Wednesday and my order was shipped out on Friday, should be here sometime next week, right? Anyways, I got the following:

The Incredibles
Meet The Robinsons
Finding Nemo
National Treasure
Monster's, Inc.
Cars
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe

I am planning on cancelling my account and re-enrolling, do you guys think it would be worth it for the DMC?

Cheato
05-18-08, 12:58 AM
On these forums, that's called "cycling" (enrolling, fulfilling, canceling, and then re-enrolling).

DMC's selection is pretty limited, and you can get most of their DVDs elsewhere cheaper or for about the same price. If you can get something for $10 or less from a store or another online place that you don't mind dealing with (Amazon, DD(D)), then you're better off going with the other place.

I've only cycled one account, and my second is still open and unfulfilled at DMC just because of the limited availability and the fact that I can usually get things I want cheaper elsewhere.

If you're using $21.95 titles to fulfill, it's easier, but then your average cost of DVDs is going up into the $11 or more range, which then makes the whole deal less competitive as $10 (+ tax) is a semi-common price for many titles in b&m stores.

y0girlg0tskillz
05-18-08, 02:24 PM
Thanks for that, btw, does anyone know any way of finding out what movies are in the vault? Like a list somewhere, maybe? And when they will be released, etc. That would be helpful, if anyone can tell me, I've searched around and got nothing.

Cheato
05-18-08, 02:58 PM
"Searched around" the forums? Yeah, I don't know of a list here on these forums. But "search around" on the web (Google: Disney DVD vault list) and the first results you get are at DisneyWorldTrivia.com (which points you to UltimateDisney.com for the list), and UltimateDisney.com itself, which provides the list you're looking for, as well as a ton of other useful info about Disney movies and DVDs. The 3rd result is Wikipedia's Disney Vault entry, which also points you to the UltimateDisney site for the list.

As I said before, asking questions isn't a problem here on the forums, but a little creativity will save everybody time (you, so you can get your answer more quickly, and the other hundreds of people who will read your question that's already been answered).

BobO'Link
05-18-08, 03:07 PM
Thanks for that, btw, does anyone know any way of finding out what movies are in the vault? Like a list somewhere, maybe? And when they will be released, etc. That would be helpful, if anyone can tell me, I've searched around and got nothing.
I use Ultimate Disney (http://www.ultimatedisney.com/) for that information. Some of it seems to be out of date, but so far they've been 100% on vault release information.

BobO'Link
05-18-08, 03:13 PM
...DMC's selection is pretty limited, and you can get most of their DVDs elsewhere cheaper or for about the same price. If you can get something for $10 or less from a store or another online place that you don't mind dealing with (Amazon, DD(D)), then you're better off going with the other place.
100% agree. The best way to use DMC is for those DMC "Exclusives" such as "Zorro" or "Ducktales: Legend of the Lost Lamp". I'm hoping the 2nd season of "Zorro" appears before I *have* to fulfill in October. I've seen stuff go for $19.95 at DMC only to be ~$6 during a Disney sale at DD. When dealing with DMC it really pays to know prices and where to look for deals.

rider555
05-19-08, 05:50 PM
Disney charged me for the "due on contract titles"back at the end of March.
Now that they have been paid for,will they allow me to pick the remaining number of titles I was supposed to buy,or I am SOL?
I emailed them about this and was told to call customer service(or as Disney refers to them;"cast member"..there's a joke in there somewhere....).
I figured before I do that I would post here.

Xbox69
05-19-08, 06:32 PM
Disney charged me for the "due on contract titles"back at the end of March.
Now that they have been paid for,will they allow me to pick the remaining number of titles I was supposed to buy,or I am SOL?
I emailed them about this and was told to call customer service(or as Disney refers to them;"cast member"..there's a joke in there somewhere....).
I figured before I do that I would post here.

You may be getting a selection voucher by mail. I doubt they would charge you and not allow you to choose your remaining titles. They might just send you a small brochure of titles but most likely you'd be able to select anything off the website (by selection number) if you place your order over the phone.

Give them a call. Most likely there is a note on your account of your recent payment and the number of titles you are due.

WerewolfDC
05-28-08, 01:49 PM
Does anyone still have the code for the 60% off for VIP members for Father's Day? I can't find it anywhere.

LKRUNNELS
05-29-08, 11:29 PM
ONE TIME USE CODE for VIP ACCOUNTS

Any 1 DVD regularly $21.95 or lower for $12.95+shipping. This offer includes a FREE "Cars" collector's pin with the $12.95 purchase.

Enter 40896 at checkout

GMLSKIS
05-30-08, 12:35 AM
They have both versions, but for enrollment it looks like it's the one-disc.

You were right! I wrote them a letter with my order saying I only wanted this if it was the 2 disc version. Apparently they didn't read my letter as they sent me the single disc version anyway. Now I'm waiting for the SASE they are sending me to send it back to them for free. This was going to be the $9.95 DVD that didn't count anyway. I mailed in my order on the 9th and received the movies on the 27th. My first order is listed below.

Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Bug's Life

(These 3 are all 2 disc versions to replace my old single disc versions that were together in a boxed set of those 3 movies)

Brother Bear
Pocahontas
Mulan

(These 3 are 2 disc versions of movies I didn't own)

Pirate 3 single disc - sending back for credit so total charge will end up $17.15 instead of $27.84

rider555
06-01-08, 01:59 AM
You may be getting a selection voucher by mail. I doubt they would charge you and not allow you to choose your remaining titles. They might just send you a small brochure of titles but most likely you'd be able to select anything off the website (by selection number) if you place your order over the phone.

Give them a call. Most likely there is a note on your account of your recent payment and the number of titles you are due.
I called them up and explained to them what the deal is.They told me what to do so anyhoo,I received my 3 remaining titles I was owed along with an invoice showing total now due:$0.00

LKRUNNELS
06-01-08, 01:23 PM
Buy 1 @ Reg. Price + unlimited @ 50% off + Free Peter Pan VIP pin.

VIP only = 40825

y0girlg0tskillz
06-01-08, 10:42 PM
Buy 1 @ Reg. Price + unlimited @ 50% off + Free Peter Pan VIP pin.

VIP only = 40825

Just tried it, it works on my account, and it is unfulfilled too.

Xbox69
06-01-08, 11:37 PM
I called them up and explained to them what the deal is.They told me what to do so anyhoo,I received my 3 remaining titles I was owed along with an invoice showing total now due:$0.00

Did it say anything about your VIP status? It was a few weeks before I received my mailing about being upgraded to VIP member since I had fulfilled my purchase commitments. Initial VIP offer was a B1G1 free.

LKRUNNELS
06-02-08, 11:33 AM
Just tried it, it works on my account, and it is unfulfilled too.

SWEET

rednowgreen
06-03-08, 09:00 PM
_____Feature Title_____________Triple Feature________

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/1368819t.jpghttp://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/1393395t.jpg OR http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/1368819t.jpghttp://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/1393395t.jpghttp://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/1216963t.jpg
______$34.95____________________$44.95__________

New Exclusives
http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/natioanltreasure_5disc_53x76.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/thelegendoflobo_76x109.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/theboywhoflewwithcondors_76x109.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/superdad_76x109.jpg
_$58.95___$19.95____$19.95____$19.95__

National Treasure: 5-Disc Premium
- Faux Leather Outer With Tie Buttons
- Leather Tie-String
- 8 Page Book (including title page - front & back)
- Discs Slide Into Side Of Pages (fits up to 5 discs)
- Pages include old photos, recipes and handwritten letters

The Legend of Lobo
The Boy Who Flew With Condors
Superdad

http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/special/Cycle7_comingsoon.jpg
7/1--7/28

y0girlg0tskillz
06-03-08, 10:26 PM
Any good codes yet?

Cheato
06-04-08, 07:57 AM
The DMC is not like Columbia House for "sale codes." Basically, don't expect anything better than free shipping for fulfillment, and B1,60%-off additional if you just want to make more purchases. You're not going to be getting B1G1/FS codes in this club.

y0girlg0tskillz
06-04-08, 01:15 PM
The DMC is not like Columbia House for "sale codes." Basically, don't expect anything better than free shipping for fulfillment, and B1,60%-off additional if you just want to make more purchases. You're not going to be getting B1G1/FS codes in this club.

That's what I meant, free shipping. I'm just waiting for a free shipping code to fulfill, then cancel..

BobO'Link
06-04-08, 03:03 PM
^I'm waiting on one of those myself. I passed on the last one because I had just dropped a bundle on one of the CH codes and did not want to spend that much additional at the time. I'll probably wind up having to do a order and pay shipping, but the free shipping deals seem to come around about every 5-6 months. I might just make it before my time runs out... :)

y0girlg0tskillz
06-04-08, 03:30 PM
Every 5-6 months? When was the last one? Haha... I always told myself that I will switch off ordering between CH and DMC, as to save some money at least, but I have been buying from CH a lot lately because of the codes and such, so maybe I will give in and fulfill my DMC, even with shipping. Then just cycle once more and keep the second one open..

BobO'Link
06-04-08, 09:44 PM
^ On 04-17-08, I posted that there was "Free shipping on 2 movies at regular price" along with the code which expired on 5/5/08. I don't have the exact dates for previous ones but they seem to come about every 5-6 months. If thejester is unable to work out the code scavenging with the new system this might be easier as I'll not be using CH nearly as much without the codes he provides.

rednowgreen
06-04-08, 10:03 PM
^ On 04-17-08, I posted that there was "Free shipping on 2 movies at regular price" along with the code which expired on 5/5/08. I don't have the exact dates for previous ones but they seem to come about every 5-6 months. If thejester is unable to work out the code scavenging with the new system this might be easier as I'll not be using CH nearly as much without the codes he provides.

http://r2.vidiemi.com/vemail7/dn/c419/images/images_pirate2.gif
12/18--1/14

non-vips
- Get FREE* shipping when you buy 2 movies at regular price.

http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/enchanted_76x109.jpg
4/8--5/5

non-vips
- Save 25% on additional movies when you buy 1 at regular price.
- Get FREE* shipping when you buy 2 movies at regular price.
vips
- Save 25% on additional movies when you buy 1 at regular price, plus free shipping.

BobO'Link
06-05-08, 11:46 AM
^Cool! Thanks! Based on your info it appears free shipping is about every 10-12 weeks. Even better! :)

Edit:
I found a reply card with a 10/22/07 cutoff date which offered "Free shipping when you order 2 at regular price". This seems to add some weight to the 10-12 week spread between free shipping offer conjecture. Based on that we should see a free shipping offer sometime in July/August.

johnsun
06-12-08, 06:20 PM
Hi. Sorry to ask, but I'm looking for the best enrollment code right now.. I can't seem pick it out from the various posts of enrollment and membership codes..
Thanks

riotinmyskull
06-12-08, 07:04 PM
Hi. Sorry to ask, but I'm looking for the best enrollment code right now.. I can't seem pick it out from the various posts of enrollment and membership codes..
Thanks

GenPion
06-24-08, 09:20 PM

Thanks! I just decided to join today and this was an excellent code.

I ordered:
DuckTales: The Movie (X2)
The Emperor's New Groove
Mulan
Tick Vs. Season One

I was almost going to pick The Great Mouse Detective over The Emperor's New Groove but then I realized it was less expensive and can be purchased for around $11 with the Deep Discount 20% off sale right now.

This is the most Disney titles I think I have ever ordered at once.

LKRUNNELS
06-30-08, 10:01 AM
For Vip Accounts
===============

40818 = B1 + Get Up To 5 @ 50% + Free Cars Pin

mjhd
07-02-08, 06:54 PM
Currently in VIP status and got 60% off DVDs when you buy 1 at full price. Ordered a bunch and got the Jungle Book bundle to receive free shipping. Now I want to place another order and it won't let me get another bundle (thus getting free shipping again). Any ideas or am I out of luck? Also VIPs don't forget to order your free pin with each purchase. Thanks.

meglet
07-02-08, 07:32 PM
Poking through the available selections, I noticed they have some titles on sale in error, certain seasons of Lost and Grey's Anatomy, plus I'm sure a few more, will discount to 60% off if you are purchasing a higher priced title.

I grabbed the Pirates Blu-ray 3-pack for $59.95, and got Lost Season 3 for only $15.98. Called and added Grey's Anatomy S3 for only $11.98, too.

Discount prices show on the front page, but not the item pages for Lost and Grey's. However, if you add a season to your cart and have something more expensive already added, the season set you just added will show the discount.

Shipping for Pirates + Lost S3 was only $4.95, fine with me since I don't want the Jungle Book bundle which would have given me free shipping.

Edit: Just called and talked to a rep, because I decided to add one more discounted title to my order. He said that unlike Columbia House, ANY title except Blu-ray is discounted in an order, including sets, as long as something else in the order is more expensive.

HyperWeather
07-02-08, 08:44 PM
Or if you do want the directors selection that will count as your buy 1 also even if its cheaper then what you are buying. I have found this is a great way to get sets.

CalebAndCo
07-03-08, 07:43 AM
Or if you do want the directors selection that will count as your buy 1 also even if its cheaper then what you are buying. I have found this is a great way to get sets.
A GREAT way to get sets! I wish I'd known about this months ago. Anyway, thanks for posting it now!

comanche_doyle
07-06-08, 09:57 AM
few questions.

1. where is chronological donald, volume 3 on the web site?
2. why does the catalog I receive have davy crockett, disneyland usa treasures but not the website?
3. will the new sword in the stone be made available before this b1g 60% sale ends?

thanks in advance

y0girlg0tskillz
07-06-08, 02:02 PM
few questions.

3. will the new sword in the stone be made available before this b1g 60% sale ends?

It is most likely going to be the next Director's Selection, because when I declined my current one, they had a "Coming Soon to DMC" banner which showed TSITS.

bluthswede6
07-09-08, 06:29 PM
2. why does the catalog I receive have davy crockett, disneyland usa treasures but not the website?

I don't know, but I put in an order through the catalog for those titles as well as On the Front lines about a month ago, and recieved them today. I was pretty surprised

mjhd
07-09-08, 08:29 PM
So once you choose your feature selection do you not get to use the deal again? For instance I purchased the feature selection and used the buy 1 get 60% off. Now there is nothing there and it says temporarily unavailable. Thanks.

thejester
07-09-08, 08:40 PM
Anybody know the 60% off code?

NM. Found it - 86801

thejester
07-10-08, 08:53 PM
Well, that didn't work on my unfulfilled account. Any other 60%(s)?

mmguen
07-19-08, 01:51 PM

I'll have to try this on the website. On the telephone, the Disney cast member went with the highest priced item over the director's selection as my Buy 1.

mmguen
07-19-08, 01:54 PM
few questions.

1. where is chronological donald, volume 3 on the web site?

thanks in advance

When I called in this week the Disney cast member stated they don't have volume 3, and speculated it should be available in the future.

SMART-ASS
07-20-08, 07:46 PM
I tried to read though some of the thread, but can't find exact answers. Can someone please explain, or point to where I can find, how Blu-ray titles coordinate into a membership. I haven't done a DMC membership for about 2 years.

smashthesymbols
07-20-08, 09:15 PM
I tried to read though some of the thread, but can't find exact answers. Can someone please explain, or point to where I can find, how Blu-ray titles coordinate into a membership. I haven't done a DMC membership for about 2 years.
They basically don't. They're not available for enrollment of course. Once you're a member there's 25 titles available, all priced at $29.95. They do count as one of your fulfillments, but they're not eligible for any discounts.

The only thing that jumps out at me as a possible deal is a Pirates of the Caribbean pack with all three movies for $59.95. That's already $10 less than buying them at Amazon, and if you factor it in as a fulfillment it gets a bit better still.

SMART-ASS
07-20-08, 09:31 PM
Thanks you very much :).
BTW, are you a drummer?...er, I mean, percussionist?

smashthesymbols
07-20-08, 10:16 PM
Thanks you very much :).
BTW, are you a drummer?...er, I mean, percussionist?
No problem.

No I'm not a drummer, I do get that question a fair bit though. My name is actually from the song Viva La Revolution by The Adicts.

meglet
07-23-08, 02:59 PM
They basically don't. They're not available for enrollment of course. Once you're a member there's 25 titles available, all priced at $29.95. They do count as one of your fulfillments, but they're not eligible for any discounts.

The only thing that jumps out at me as a possible deal is a Pirates of the Caribbean pack with all three movies for $59.95. That's already $10 less than buying them at Amazon, and if you factor it in as a fulfillment it gets a bit better still.

You can use the Blu-ray titles as the B1 part of the occasional "Buy 1 Get additional movies x% off" and then take TV Sets as your 60% (or, whatever %) discounted titles. The Blu-rays are currently always full price, so even if the list price is less than the TV Set, the TV Set will discount.

The Pirates 3-pack is a good deal, and I recently ordered it with Lost S3 and Grey's Season 3, getting 60% off both TV shows so they were less than $15 each.

Unfortunately, Disney sent me 2 copies of the "Dead Man's Chest" and one of "Black Pearl" because the 3-pack is really just all 3 movies grabbed off a shelf and thrown in a shipping box so now I get to call and exchange the duplicate copy.

thomkai
07-23-08, 04:39 PM
You can use the Blu-ray titles as the B1 part of the occasional "Buy 1 Get additional movies x% off" and then take TV Sets as your 60% (or, whatever %) discounted titles. The Blu-rays are currently always full price, so even if the list price is less than the TV Set, the TV Set will discount.

The Pirates 3-pack is a good deal, and I recently ordered it with Lost S3 and Grey's Season 3, getting 60% off both TV shows so they were less than $15 each.

Unfortunately, Disney sent me 2 copies of the "Dead Man's Chest" and one of "Black Pearl" because the 3-pack is really just all 3 movies grabbed off a shelf and thrown in a shipping box so now I get to call and exchange the duplicate copy.
Do they have Blu-Ray tv shows as well? Doubt you'd get the percent off on those but that would be really something...

y0girlg0tskillz
07-31-08, 03:57 AM
Heads up: Free shipping is available when you buy two movies at regular price.

smashthesymbols
08-01-08, 07:54 PM
Am I the only one tempted to get the Sword in the Stone club exclusive set? It's got the new disc, a book and some lithographs in a big fancy box. I'm trying to tell myself it's overpriced, but this has always been one of my favorite Disney movies and it's a nice looking set.

rednowgreen
08-01-08, 08:30 PM
Am I the only one tempted to get the Sword in the Stone club exclusive set? It's got the new disc, a book and some lithographs in a big fancy box. I'm trying to tell myself it's overpriced, but this has always been one of my favorite Disney movies and it's a nice looking set.

For Vip Accounts
===============

^ Use this code, it works on non-vip accounts also

Add the Double Feature to your cart ($32.95)
http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/sword_in_the_stone-45th_ann-76x109.jpg http://r2.vidiemi.com/vemail7/dn/c947/images/sword_anim_dvd.gif http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/Saludos_Amigos_+_Three_Caballeros-76x109.jpg

Then add the Sword in the Stone gift set to your cart ($34.98)
http://r2.vidiemi.com/vemail7/dn/c947/images/sword_movie.jpg http://r2.vidiemi.com/vemail7/dn/c947/images/sword_anim_dvd.gif

This will bring your total to $67.93 w/ free shipping, you will have an extra copy of Sword in the Stone, which you can sell, trade, or give away.

OR

For Vip Accounts
===============

Pick any Blu-ray disc and add it to your cart ($29.95)
http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/boxbluray_cars_76x109.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/bluray_narnialionwitch_76x109.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/boxbluray_pirates_worldsend_76x109.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/boxbluray_ratatoullie_76x109.jpg

http://r2.vidiemi.com/vemail7/dn/c947/images/sword_movie.jpg http://r2.vidiemi.com/vemail7/dn/c947/images/sword_anim_dvd.gif

This will bring your total to $69.88 including shipping

Both offer are still cheaper then the $73.90 the set will cost you alone

GMLSKIS
08-02-08, 12:25 AM
Heads up: Free shipping is available when you buy two movies at regular price.

I just joined months ago and have 3 movies left to buy for my commitment. Would buying 3 now with the free shipping code the best way to fullfill my commitment?

Thank You!

bluthswede6
08-02-08, 12:39 AM

http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/sword_in_the_stone-45th_ann-76x109.jpg http://r2.vidiemi.com/vemail7/dn/c947/images/sword_anim_dvd.gif http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/Saludos_Amigos_+_Three_Caballeros-76x109.jpg

This will bring your total to $67.93 w/ free shipping, you will have an extra copy of Sword in the Stone, which you can sell, trade, or give away.

OR

http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/boxbluray_cars_76x109.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/bluray_narnialionwitch_76x109.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/boxbluray_pirates_worldsend_76x109.jpg http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/boxCovers/boxbluray_ratatoullie_76x109.jpg

Took your advice and picked it up using the blu ray method. Thanks!

smashthesymbols
08-02-08, 12:19 PM
I just joined months ago and have 3 movies left to buy for my commitment. Would buying 3 now with the free shipping code the best way to fullfill my commitment?

Thank You!
Yes it would. Any of the other codes take the price of a regular DVD below the $19.95 required. Your only real option to fulfill is a free shipping code.

Dcclerk
08-05-08, 12:09 AM
I'm sorry to be dense, but I can't find the free shipping code anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction or post it? Thanks so much!

y0girlg0tskillz
08-05-08, 01:25 AM
When you log in, there should be a banner that says "Free Shipping *when you buy 2 movies at regular price"

mmguen
08-10-08, 12:00 AM
Hmmm...what happened to that nice little National Treasure 5-disc Premium set...

CalebAndCo
08-10-08, 04:28 PM
Hmmm...what happened to that nice little National Treasure 5-disc Premium set...
It dropped off a few days ago...just when I was getting ready to order it. :grunt:

dcprules
08-14-08, 03:23 AM
Does the 40818 code work any longer? I was trying to get in on the Sword and the Stone box set and a Blu Ray deal but no luck on my account

thejester
08-14-08, 06:36 PM
Try 40825. The 4081x codes didn't work last week on my unfulfilled account, but 25 did.

jgp
08-17-08, 02:31 PM
Just got a mailer with 40818. Works for me on my account. (it's fulfilled, VIP status).

bloopbleep
08-22-08, 11:21 AM
I want to fulfill my committment with Complete Zorro season 1(counts as 3). any codes to make this sweeter like free shipping or b1g1?

BobO'Link
08-22-08, 03:59 PM
^You should currently have a "free shipping on 2 or more" default offer.

I'm waiting for Zorro Season 2... been waiting for 2 years... :(

bloopbleep
08-23-08, 08:12 AM
^You should currently have a "free shipping on 2 or more" default offer.

I'm waiting for Zorro Season 2... been waiting for 2 years... :(

I clik that and the shipping is $3.95 for me. could it be because I was just accepted by email and not even received by enrollments yet?

thejester
08-26-08, 07:01 PM

OR

For those that want it, this anomaly still works. AND, it works on the new Tim Burton Nightmare Gift Set as well.

http://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/special/photoGallery_standalone_frame2.gif

Put any BR (I did $30 BR) in your cart & the set is discounted. Although, the set is $150 on the DMC site. So, you should get it for no more than $75 + S&H @ 50% off - better for other fulfilled members (60% + Free S&H maybe).

Just FYI.

thejester
08-26-08, 07:11 PM
Your shipment will include the following items.

Titles Format Qty Price
----------------------------
VIPPIN18 Peter Pan Pin MISC 1 $.00
National Treasure 2: Book Of Secrets BLU-RAY 1 $29.95
Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas Ultimate Collector's DVD Set -- with Jack Skellington Bust DVD 1 $74.97

Subtotal $104.92
Shipping & Processing $4.95
Tax $.00

Total $109.87

jpdude
08-27-08, 12:50 AM
I picked up 2 of the Ultimate Collector's Sets @ Ĺ price:

Your shipment will include the following items.

Titles Format Qty Price

Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas Ultimate Collector's DVD Set -- with Jack Skellington Bust DVD 2 $74.97
Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas VIP Pin MISC 1 $.00
Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas 2-Disc Collector's Edition
+ James & The Giant Peach: Special Edition DVD - 2-Pack plus 3-D Card DVD 1 $34.95
Hocus Pocus DVD 1 $10.00
Total # Items 5

Subtotal $194.89
Shipping & Processing $.00
Tax $.00
Total $194.89

:banana:

thejester
08-29-08, 06:33 PM
Hey jpdude, did you happen to get an email confirmation on your Ultimate purchase? I haven't gotten one yet, the order doesn't show up in my order history & it is no longer listed on the DMC site. Wondering if we'll get it?

dcprules
09-03-08, 02:45 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you typically get the Disney Movie Rewards codes when you buy DVDs from the Disney Movie Club? Quite a few DVDs I'd like to get through the club say they include points on the DIsney Movie Rewards website, so I figured I'd just get them through the Disney Movie club if they come with the points. Trying to save up for a cool figurine.

CalebAndCo
09-04-08, 07:21 AM
Just out of curiosity, do you typically get the Disney Movie Rewards codes when you buy DVDs from the Disney Movie Club?

Yup.

thejester
09-04-08, 07:38 AM
Well, I finally got my order confirmation(s). You put one order in & you get 3 (?) order confirmations? Looks like DMC split up my order into 3 - and looks to have charged me $4.95 for S&H on 2 of the orders (BR & TBNBC GS). Really weird.

Also got ship notices on the BR & the pin. Nothing yet on the TBNBC GS.

ndaher
09-05-08, 10:56 AM
Does anyone have an introductory promo code for the DMC? I got one from Disney in the mail about 5 months ago and joined with it. I got 4 movies for .99, plus a 5th for $9.99 (which counted toward fulfillment!), so I only had to buy 3 at regular club price. I'm getting ready to complete my fulfillment and would like to join again. Anyone get a promo in the mail similar to this?

Cheato
09-05-08, 01:44 PM
From previous posts in this thread (please browse and read before posting):

Maybe 764020 (requires a Chase card?)
or 979001
5th is $14.95

ndaher
09-05-08, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the code cheato. And just FYI, I'm well aware of common message board etiquette. I looked back around 4-5 pages and couldn't find anything, I didn't go any further back because the posts were getting to be months old, and promo codes usually expire or change after that long of a period. The post you referred to was in fact made about 9 months ago, so I probably would have still posted my question. Thanks again for the code, and sorry if this sounds combatitive, I don't mean to be, just wanted to explain.

GMLSKIS
09-05-08, 11:47 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you typically get the Disney Movie Rewards codes when you buy DVDs from the Disney Movie Club? Quite a few DVDs I'd like to get through the club say they include points on the DIsney Movie Rewards website, so I figured I'd just get them through the Disney Movie club if they come with the points. Trying to save up for a cool figurine.

I would say it depends on the DVD. When I joined I got 6 dvd's and only 2 or 3 had points and they were all Disney movies that would have had them if bought in a retail store.

bloopbleep
09-06-08, 10:07 AM

OR

Both offer are still cheaper then the $73.90 the set will cost you alonecodes now don`t seem to be working. I also just became VIP again.

jpdude
09-06-08, 12:42 PM
Well, I finally got my order confirmation(s). You put one order in & you get 3 (?) order confirmations? Looks like DMC split up my order into 3 - and looks to have charged me $4.95 for S&H on 2 of the orders (BR & TBNBC GS). Really weird.

Also got ship notices on the BR & the pin. Nothing yet on the TBNBC GS.

Same Ole' Situation Here! My initial order showed FREE shipping, but now that they've split it up into 3 orders, I'm being charged $6.95 for shipping.....and the idiots charged my Debit Card instead of the Credit Card I first placed the order with....now I'm running short until next payday! Ugh!!!

SMART-ASS
09-06-08, 01:11 PM
That's an easy soultion jpdude. Just dispute the charges with your bank since you never authorized those charges.

CalebAndCo
09-06-08, 06:49 PM
I would say it depends on the DVD. When I joined I got 6 dvd's and only 2 or 3 had points and they were all Disney movies that would have had them if bought in a retail store.

Any time that happens, you can mail them proof of purchase and they'll credit your account with the Rewards code points. Click on the link on the Movie Rewards website.

garmonbozia
09-11-08, 10:00 PM
I've never joined the DMC before, so am wondering what the regular prices are once you've joined the club. Are the prices similar to CH (where most $30 SRP titles are 21.95)? or do they charge full SRP?
I'm trying to figure out what 3 fulfillments will cost to see if the club is worth joining or not.

For example, can anyone tell me what these dvds cost in the club?
1. Sword and the Stone: 45th Ann
2. Nightmare Before Christmas: 2-disc
3. The Black Cauldron
4. The Great Mouse Detective
5. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
6. Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Collector's Edition

thanks for your help!

rednowgreen
09-12-08, 07:21 AM
I've never joined the DMC before, so am wondering what the regular prices are once you've joined the club. Are the prices similar to CH (where most $30 SRP titles are 21.95)? or do they charge full SRP?
I'm trying to figure out what 3 fulfillments will cost to see if the club is worth joining or not.

1. Sword and the Stone: 45th Ann $21.95
2. Nightmare Before Christmas: 2-disc $24.95
3. The Black Cauldron $19.95
4. The Great Mouse Detective $19.95
5. The Hunchback of Notre Dame $19.95
6. Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Collector's Edition $22.95

For the most part, new $30 new releases sale for $21.95
Blu-rays are $29.95, other than the Pirates 3-Pack
Walt Disney Treasure are $29.95

garmonbozia
09-12-08, 05:39 PM
thank you very much. very helpful.

smashthesymbols
09-12-08, 06:12 PM

1. Sword and the Stone: 45th Ann
2. Nightmare Before Christmas: 2-disc
3. The Black Cauldron
4. The Great Mouse Detective
5. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
6. Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Collector's Edition

thanks for your help!
Make sure when you enroll you try to pick out the higher priced titles and save $19.95 titles for your fulfillment. It may seem obvious, but it's an easy thing to forget about and it can really cut the average price down.

inksketcher
09-15-08, 02:07 PM
You can't take Sword and the Stone: 45th Annv. or Nightmare Before Christmas: 2-disc as enrollments. They're only available as fulfillments as far as I can tell.

It appears that most of the enrollment selections are the cheap versions. Or do I need a better code to get the better enrollment selections?

Cheato
09-15-08, 03:02 PM
It's typically a few months before they will show up as enrollments, if ever. If Disney has a bunch of one edition left lying around, they may leave that as the enrollment selection, and you might not be able to get the newer (better) one as an enrollment selection. Most of the $21.95 and under titles are available as enrollments at some point.

There have been exceptions, though. For example, Pixar Shorts V1 (or whatever it's called) became an enrollment selection very quickly (maybe within one month of its release).

Changing enrollment codes doesn't change the online selection, AFAIK.

Dogbert
09-15-08, 07:30 PM
You can't take Sword and the Stone: 45th Annv. or Nightmare Before Christmas: 2-disc as enrollments. They're only available as fulfillments as far as I can tell.I finally bit the bullet and joined, but I am a little confused about the Nightmare Before Christmas. All I get when I search for it is the really expensive collector's set. There's a bundle with James and the Giant Peach on the front page too. I can't find the basic 2-disc set anywhere...

Also, Princess Mononoke seems to be OOS too. Any chance I'm just missing that one as well?

EDIT: Forgot to mention why I quested that post from inksketcher. My enrollment stuff (the $1 titles) were already ordered. I'm trying to buy NBC at regular price while logged in...

rednowgreen
09-15-08, 09:05 PM
I finally bit the bullet and joined, but I am a little confused about the Nightmare Before Christmas. All I get when I search for it is the really expensive collector's set. There's a bundle with James and the Giant Peach on the front page too. I can't find the basic 2-disc set anywhere...

Also, Princess Mononoke seems to be OOS too. Any chance I'm just missing that one as well?

EDIT: Forgot to mention why I quested that post from inksketcher. My enrollment stuff (the $1 titles) were already ordered. I'm trying to buy NBC at regular price while logged in...

Well The Nightmare Before Christmas is the current feature title, so the DMC won't add it to the site until the 23rd. They do this so that people don't get confused and buy that edition and think that they don't have to respond to the feature title. As far as Princess Mononoke, they use to have it years ago but like many others, they took it out of the club.

Dogbert
09-15-08, 09:14 PM
Well The Nightmare Before Christmas is the current feature title, so the DMC won't add it to the site until the 23rd. They do this so that people don't get confused and buy that edition and think that they don't have to respond to the feature title. As far as Princess Mononoke, they use to have it years ago but like many others, they took it out of the club.I thought it might be something like that. That's fine with me though; I'm in no rush seeing as I have 24 months. Too bad they don't have Princess Mononoke though... Thanks for the help!

thejester
09-15-08, 10:51 PM
Well, got my TNBC gift set a early last week - nice set!!. Looks like Disney "corrected" the glitch that allowed the 50% off savings (or, at least I couldn't get it to work any longer). It still worked for the SITS set still (when I tested it then).

Chrome Sushi
09-26-08, 02:50 PM
Does anyone know where I might find an introductory promo code for the Canadian club?

Cheato
09-29-08, 12:25 PM
Anybody know the details on code 40825?

In particular, when it expires?

It appears to be a B1G1+50%-off additional items, even with sets.

I've been waiting for a Director's Selection that I wanted, and am about to get the Dalmations double feature set for $34.95.
I put in code 40825, and added some boxed sets.
2 are coming up at 50%-off.
the 3rd is coming up free.
And free shipping because of the "double feature."

To experiment, I removed sets 1&2, and set 3 was still free.

I put back sets 1&2, and removed set 3, and then set 1 was free.

I removed the Dalmations double feature, and it became B1G1 with sets 1 and 2.

So, it appears to be a B1G1+50%-off additional, and if you get the Dalmations double feature, you get free shipping. And it works on sets. Has there ever been a better code with the DMC?

Getting:
101 Dalmations Double Feature $34.95
set 1 free
sets 2-? 50%-off
shipping (free)

And I believe my order will cover 4 fulfillments (even though they say discounted titles don't count as fulfillments, I think they do if they're over $19.95 after discount).

smashthesymbols
09-29-08, 01:14 PM
Damn. That is one hell of a code. I'm getting something very interesting too. It appears that Blu-Ray titles do not work as a discounted or free title, however they count as the buy one part. Now that's normal enough, the interesting part is that any title you put in the cart with a Blu-Ray is completely free. Right now in my cart I have the Cars Blu-Ray and the Nightmare Before Christmas set with the bust. It's giving me Cars for $29.95 and Nightmare free, plus $4.95 shipping of course. $34.90 shipping for a Blu-Ray and a $150 set. I think I'm gonna bite and I'm not even a big fan of Nightmare.

EDIT: I went for it. It's too awesome of a deal to pass up.

Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas Ultimate Collector's DVD Set -- with Jack Skellington Bust DVD 1 $.00
Cars BLU-RAY 1 $29.95
Subtotal $29.95
Shipping & Processing $4.95
Tax $.00
Total $34.90

I wonder if I can place two orders and do the same thing to get the Sword in the Stone set.

whitefinger
09-29-08, 01:59 PM
For some reason this code only gives me 25% off, which also happens to be the current offer. I'm in the Canadian club though, so maybe that's why.

Cheato
09-29-08, 03:17 PM
the interesting part is that any title you put in the cart with a Blu-Ray is completely free.
$34.90 shipping for a Blu-Ray and a $150 set. I think I'm gonna bite and I'm not even a big fan of Nightmare.

Pretty awesome. I didn't even think to check something like that. I experimented a little with Blu-rays, but it was only out of curiosity--I'm not buying Blu-rays (yet?).

But I just tried it with the Dalmatians (realized I misspelled that in my previous post) double feature, and it works for that, too.

So, anybody wanting the NBC w/ bust set for only $35 delivered, including, as a bonus, the 2 101 Dalmatians movies, try it.

@whitefinger: sorry the code's not working for you!

SMART-ASS
09-29-08, 03:33 PM
Well THANKS Cheato!
The code certainly works for me!
It worked everytime I used it... over and over and over again... it just keeps on workin. :)

smashthesymbols
09-29-08, 03:38 PM
Pretty awesome. I didn't even think to check something like that. I experimented a little with Blu-rays, but it was only out of curiosity--I'm not buying Blu-rays (yet?).
I found it completely by accident. I was just trying to get a Blu-Ray free with the purchase of a set. I never imagined it would give me the set free.

I'm debating now whether I should try another order for the Sword in the Stone set or not. Part of me feels like I shouldn't get too greedy and draw attention to this since it's probably an error. But another part of me says go for it, either the orders will go through or not, placing multiples won't change anything. Has there ever been any issues in the past with using codes multiple times?

Cheato
09-29-08, 03:42 PM
I staying away from those big sets for the same reason. They've had 50%-off codes many times, and B1G1 codes, so I don't feel bad using it on regular stuff. But like you said, sts, I don't want to draw attention to it by doing something like getting an NBC set for free. I'm hoping my order goes through since it looks much more normal. If you guys get your big sets, then congratulations.

Darth O
09-29-08, 06:58 PM
Dang, not letting me get NBC for free. Maybe because it's on sale. It is letting me get the Sword in the Stone set though ;)

smashthesymbols
09-29-08, 08:29 PM
Dang, not letting me get NBC for free. Maybe because it's on sale. It is letting me get the Sword in the Stone set though ;)
Looks like it is because it's on sale now. When I ordered Nightmare this afternoon it wasn't shown as being on sale, despite having the exact same price. I guess I just got lucky.

If Ducktales is your thing this code looks to be good for that too. $46 for all three volumes. That's a pretty good deal considering they sell for $25 each most places.

g
09-29-08, 10:07 PM
Does the dvd that one pays full price on count toward fulfilling my account if I use this discount code? I already did one order with the Sword and Stone set and wondered if I'd do more with smaller items. And will they just cancel the orders if it doesnt got through. Or will they charge extra fees and ship it if they catch it. Thanks for any help.

Drama King
09-30-08, 10:26 AM
Also works with the complete first season of zorro!

rednowgreen
09-30-08, 03:59 PM
Thank you for ordering from the Disney Movie Club! We are
pleased to inform you that your order has shipped. For your
convenience, the details of your order are provided below.

Order Information:

==========================================================

Order Date: 09/25/08
Ship Date: 09/30/08

----------------------------------------------------------
BD-CARS $29.95
DVD-TB NGHTMR B4 XMAS BUS $.00
SHIPPING & PROCESSING $4.95
Item Subtotal: $34.90
Tax: $.00
Total: $34.90

thejester
09-30-08, 05:45 PM
Mine for TS-in-TS shipped as well.

BobO'Link
09-30-08, 07:11 PM
Appears to be dead. It was working on my account earlier in the day while I was debating whether or not to get a BR I really don't want. I finally decided to go for it, but the code no longer works.

smashthesymbols
09-30-08, 08:38 PM
Appears to be dead. It was working on my account earlier in the day while I was debating whether or not to get a BR I really don't want. I finally decided to go for it, but the code no longer works.
Dead here too. It was fun while it lasted. I don't know where that code came from but I'm not sure it was ever supposed to be public.

I'm not sure what's going on with my orders either. I placed two. One for Cars BR and the Nightmare set and a second for Ratatouille BR and the Sword in the Stone set. Neither shows up in my order history, I only got an email for the second order, and I only have one charge on my card so far.

thejester
09-30-08, 09:00 PM
Dead here too. It was fun while it lasted. I don't know where that code came from but I'm not sure it was ever supposed to be public.

I'm not sure what's going on with my orders either. I placed two. One for Cars BR and the Nightmare set and a second for Ratatouille BR and the Sword in the Stone set. Neither shows up in my order history, I only got an email for the second order, and I only have one charge on my card so far.

Mine was the same way. Once your 2nd order ships, you will probably get your order confirmation for the 1st.

Cheato
10-01-08, 10:56 AM
I may have been the first one to use the code (at least the first one that posted about it--others may have been more surreptitious). I still have a pending charge sitting there on my card, but I haven't received a shipping notice (just one order). I'll be bummed if you guys get those big-ticket items, but I don't get my "little" sets and my order disappears into the ether(net).

Update: Got my order shipment notification. Thanks, Disney!

gogogadget
10-01-08, 01:34 PM
Is it me or do the "featured titles" seem to be arriving faster and faster? I didn't check the site for a couple days and lo and behold, I now have THREE on their way to me. And I don't want any of them.

Cheato
10-01-08, 03:40 PM
How can there be "three on their way?"
You have 3 accounts with the DMC?
Or does shipping take like 60 days to your place?

smashthesymbols
10-01-08, 05:32 PM
I just got a shipment notice for the Rataoutille/Sword in the Stone combo. Still nothing at all on the first order. Maybe I'll just unexpectedly get a large box in the mail one day.

g
10-01-08, 07:31 PM
I can't believe they shipped my Sword and Stone and Nightmare Before Xmas BD. Thanks for posting such a great deal. I had a second smaller order that hasn't shipped yet.

rednowgreen
10-01-08, 08:09 PM
I got got a notice for my second order

Order Date: 09/30/08
Ship Date: 10/01/08

101 DALMATIANS $13.00
3D CARD-101 DALMATIANS II $.00
101 DALMATIANS 2 $21.95
MUPPET SHOW 3rd SEASO $.00
Total: $34.95

gogogadget
10-01-08, 08:24 PM
How can there be "three on their way?"
You have 3 accounts with the DMC?
Or does shipping take like 60 days to your place?

I login and it gives me a message that I have a payment of 64 something due. I look at my order history and it says I got NMBC, James and the Giant Peach, and Sword in the Stone. Oh well. Gotta box them up and send them back.

sjake18
10-02-08, 02:07 AM
Does anyone know of any free shipping codes as of right now?

I tried something interesting today. I already had a subscription to the club and got 4 movies at $1.99 each, a second for $14.99, and a third for $9.99. Well I think that is a great deal. So I decided I will try and get another account started. This time I used my father's name who I live with. I used my debit card only a different card this time.

GUESS WHAT: THEY LET ME DO IT. I GOT ANOTHER 6 MOVIES FOR 32.86 FREE SHIPPING.

I know I will have to meet obligation for both accounts, but I don't care.

Cheato
10-02-08, 10:05 AM
I login and it gives me a message that I have a payment of 64 something due. I look at my order history and it says I got NMBC, James and the Giant Peach, and Sword in the Stone. Oh well. Gotta box them up and send them back.
You said you hadn't checked the site for "a couple days" and now you have those selections being sent to you. Those selections were about a month apart, not a couple days.

From what I can tell, Sword in the Stone became available as a Featured Title some time at or around August 1st. That was just over 2 months ago now.

Cheato
10-02-08, 10:13 AM
I tried something interesting today. I already had a subscription to the club and got 4 movies at $1.99 each, a second for $14.99, and a third for $9.99. Well I think that is a great deal. So I decided I will try and get another account started. This time I used my father's name who I live with. I used my debit card only a different card this time.

GUESS WHAT: THEY LET ME DO IT. I GOT ANOTHER 6 MOVIES FOR 32.86 FREE SHIPPING.
Not sure why this is such a surprise. Different names. Different cards. Is there somewhere that says you can only have one account per address? Not that many people want more than one account at a time. In general, there's not much advantage to it (the recent crazy 40825 code excepted). There just aren't that many selections in the DMC that people want to pay an average of $10+ for.

Also, just some advice: these forums can be a great resource. If you had done a little more reading in here, you would have seen the enrollment code 908001, which gets you 5 movies for $1 total at enrollment, instead of 4 movies for $7.96. It includes the same extra $14.95 (to reduce commitment to 5) and $9.95 offers. That would have been $25.90 for 7 movies, with 4 more to buy to fulfill.

gogogadget
10-02-08, 10:23 AM
You said you hadn't checked the site for "a couple days" and now you have those selections being sent to you. Those selections were about a month apart, not a couple days.

From what I can tell, Sword in the Stone became available as a Featured Title some time at or around August 1st. That was just over 2 months ago now.

Dealing with grad school and losing my job, trying to find another, my days are a blur. Thanks! Oh well, it's not a big deal. I just have to order 2 more and close out my account for good.

sjake18
10-02-08, 10:49 AM
Not sure why this is such a surprise. Different names. Different cards. Is there somewhere that says you can only have one account per address? Not that many people want more than one account at a time. In general, there's not much advantage to it (the recent crazy 40825 code excepted). There just aren't that many selections in the DMC that people want to pay an average of $10+ for.

Also, just some advice: these forums can be a great resource. If you had done a little more reading in here, you would have seen the enrollment code 908001, which gets you 5 movies for $1 total at enrollment, instead of 4 movies for $7.96. It includes the same extra $14.95 (to reduce commitment to 5) and $9.95 offers. That would have been $25.90 for 7 movies, with 4 more to buy to fulfill.

Yeah I read about that somewhere on here, but I forgot about it. Oh well. I'm a big fan anyways so no problem paying for the movies. I'm a Disney fanatic.

Cheato
10-02-08, 12:22 PM
Dealing with grad school and losing my job, trying to find another, my days are a blur. Thanks! Oh well, it's not a big deal. I just have to order 2 more and close out my account for good.My heart goes out to you. I remember similar days about 18 years ago. I'm sure life will get easier, though!

Everybody's whining and moaning about the American economy, and yeah, I know it's tough right now, but I think it just seems tougher than it really is because people have short memories when it comes to hardship (or this is their first time through it), and these days it seems everyone's a drama queen--especially anybody who has the opportunity to get their face on TV or their words in print: commentators, pundits, partisan hacks, politicians, celebrities, and on and on. Personally, I'd rather watch "Chicken Little" than be Chicken Little.

Anyway, good luck finding the new job!

gogogadget
10-02-08, 10:32 PM
My heart goes out to you. I remember similar days about 18 years ago. I'm sure life will get easier, though!

Everybody's whining and moaning about the American economy, and yeah, I know it's tough right now, but I think it just seems tougher than it really is because people have short memories when it comes to hardship (or this is their first time through it), and these days it seems everyone's a drama queen--especially anybody who has the opportunity to get their face on TV or their words in print: commentators, pundits, partisan hacks, politicians, celebrities, and on and on. Personally, I'd rather watch "Chicken Little" than be Chicken Little.

Anyway, good luck finding the new job!

Ha, thanks. I planned ahead and saved money, I knew it was bound to happen. I can always teach.

Anyhow, to keep this thread on track: I'm so pleased Sleeping Beauty is arriving to the club so quickly, already they're advertising it. I have fond memories of that movie from childhood.

Cheato
10-05-08, 05:06 PM
I just wanted to confirm that discounted titles that are still purchased for $19.95 or above CAN count as fulfillments.

I suppose it's possible that a sale code might specifically exclude that from happening, but the recent 40825 code that led to 50%-off box sets did allow those box sets to count as fulfillment titles, as long as the final price was high enough. My cheapest one that counted was a $39.95 title discounted to $19.98.

SMART-ASS
10-05-08, 06:00 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the orders that allowed TNBC_set or TSITS_set to be free selections???
I had temp charges on my credit card, but now they have disappeared along with my orders too.
Did they cancel all the orders?

smashthesymbols
10-05-08, 06:27 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the orders that allowed TNBC_set or TSITS_set to be free selections???
I had temp charges on my credit card, but now they have disappeared along with my orders too.
Did they cancel all the orders?
I've received a shipping notice for one that included The Sword in the Stone, it's also shown in my order history. My other order with Nightmare Before Christmas is missing completely. I'm beginning to suspect I won't get Nightmare, which is odd since I placed that order several hours before the other order.

SMART-ASS
10-05-08, 06:57 PM
Ya, that's complete bs. I actually had the temp charges on my CC, then they disappeared.
I can understand when they say hey, we made a mistake, sorry but we are going to have to work out something else... but when they just delete the order with no notice, and don't even awknowledge it, that peeves me off.
If that's the game they want to play, then I can play too.
Those orders were to fulfill my account which is "due" in December. When they try to charge me for not fulfilling, I will pull out the printed and saved copies of my orders that they illegally deleted.
I have been to small claims/probate court 6 different times. Every time I won my case. They don't know who they're messin with. Sometimes I let stuff go, but for some reason I feel like diggin in my heals on this one. :rolleyes::D

smashthesymbols
10-07-08, 05:26 PM
Mine was the same way. Once your 2nd order ships, you will probably get your order confirmation for the 1st.
Well, you sure called that one Jester.

Yesterday I received the second order I placed (Sword in the Stone set + Ratatouille BD). Now today I just received two order confirmations. One for Cars BD for $29.95 plus $4.95 shipping, and a second for the Nightmare bust for $4.95. So it looks as though I am getting it, but they're forcing me to pay shipping for the Nightmare set, which I can live with. $4.95 is still an amazing deal.

By the way, the Sword in the Stone set is pretty cool in person. My only complaint is that all the paper extras (photos, certificate, etc) don't fit into the case snugly. They have room to rattle which leaves them open to damage.

thejester
10-07-08, 07:26 PM
Received my Sword in the Stone yesterday with my BR purchase. Looked on my CC & there are indeed 2 $34.90 charges from Disney - this one & the Nightmare bust order. So, it looks like both of mine came thru.

Yeah smashthesymbols, Disney did the same thing to me when I got the bust for 50% off - split my order & charged me S&H for the 2nd portion of the order as well.

thejester
10-08-08, 09:15 PM
Update - received my NBC bust set today.

Thanks Disney for honoring the order. :banana: You did a hell of a lot better than Columbia House has been doing in the last year or so.

Cheato
10-23-08, 04:56 PM
The new DMC site seems to be handling the codes differently. Maybe it's just this code (don't know the number, but it's the one on the site when I log in: B1, additional are 50%). The details say...
Your highest-priced title counts as your regular-price movie (must be $19.95 or more for DVD). All additional titles of equal or lesser value will have the discount applied. Discounted titles are limited to 3 units per title. Blu-ray DVDs, multipacks, CDs, merchandise and Club Deals are not included in this offer. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Offer ends November 17, 2008.

I decided to experiment to see if I could find some good ways to use the code, and see if the old methods of using a non-discountable item as your B1 could trigger the discount on more expensive items.

If I put the Alias Complete Collection in my cart, at $145, it comes up at full price.
Put a second one in, and the second one is half-price.
If I add the NBC Skellington bust set at $150, the first Alias Collection goes to half-price, too, which makes sense (I guess a "complete collection" doesn't count as a "multipack").
So, the discounts still work on season sets and other deluxe DVDs.

Meanwhile, if I have the Director's Selection (Sleeping Beauty) in my cart, it is never discounted (as expected), but other DVDs are discounted to half-price.
Blu-rays are not discounted, as the details of the code say and as the old site used to (not) do, too.

So, I empty my cart, and put in the Sleeping Beauty Blu-ray at $29.95, and Alias Season 5 at $29.95, and Alias is not discounted. Added another Alias Season 5, and it was discounted. Added a $19.95 DVD, and it was discounted. Removed the two Alias sets, and the DVD went back to full price.
I tried other combinations, but the Blu-ray purchase will not trigger the discount.
So, non-discountable Blu-rays no longer seem to count as a B1 to trigger a discount.

I emptied my cart again, and tried adding in other DVDs and regular DVD sets (like Grey's Anatomy Season 1 at $19.95 and Tarzan & Jane at $19.95) in different orders, and the second one added always showed up at a discount.

Also, the double-feature Director's Selection trick that used to be a non-discountable item that would trigger discounts on higher items no longer works. Adding it to the cart and then adding the Alias collection, or the Nightmare bust set, or the Sword in the Stone Premium Package will not discount those higher-priced items.

I also confirmed other details of the code:
Items below $19.95 will not trigger the discount.
Sale-priced items (like on the "Club Deals" page, where the prices are in even dollar amounts: $22.00, $13.00, etc.) will not discount, but will count as a B1 to trigger a discount as long as the sale price (not the original price) is over $19.95.
I tried some n-pack DVDs, and some will discount (Baby Einstein 4-packs, Freaky Friday 2-pack, Disney Safety Smart 2-pack, Mighty Ducks 3-pack), and some won't (Hannah Montana 3-pack, Disney Channel Musical 3-pack, Baby Einstein 3-packs), so this is a YMMV, which probably depends on how Disney has set the flag for "multipack" in their database. It doesn't seem to depend on which ones have animated GIFs.
I couldn't care less about CDs and "club merchandise," so I'm not going to take my time to test them out; others can feel free to post their results. I already wasted enough of my time on things like Hannah Montana (don't get mad, HM fans--I just don't see a need to get it for me, personally).

I like the link on the upper right that says "Other Offers," and the page that says...Prefer to shop using a different discount? Choose any of the below offers to change your savings.
Right now, there's nothing there for me, but I hope it becomes an easy-to-view location to truly see all available offers. And I hope it is not account-dependent.

There are 4 additional glitches happening now:

1) Prices on item descriptions show a 50% discount, even if the discount won't be applied when you add it to the cart. (Put a regular DVD in your cart, and the Alias Collection shows as $72.48 in the listing, but $144.95 in your cart.) This will probably get fixed as people complain about it, but it might take a while for people to notice. Side note: The Mighty Ducks 3-pack listing does not indicate a discount, but it does discount to half-price in the cart, even though it is a "multipack."

2) The Director's Selection double feature is listed as $36.90, but if you put it into your cart, it goes to $46.90. I suspect people will complain and this will get fixed quickly (one way or the other). But, if you add a higher-priced item to the cart, the double feature gets discounted to $34.43. Not sure why, and I don't feel like trying to hard to figure it out, as it will probably get fixed somehow.

3) If you use a "View All" link, it does, indeed, let you view all. But, it still lists links for the pages, as if you are not "viewing all." Clicking those links takes you back to page views. Seems like a pretty strange design choice (especially since it doesn't say something like "return to page views"), so I'm going to call it a mistake.

4) If you put a 3rd copy of something in your cart, it goes in OK. If you try to add a fourth, you get a notice that says "you can not purchase more than 2 of any one title." If you try to add a fourth, it won't go. The code detail itself says that the discount has a limit of "3 units per title."

Last note about new listings on the site:
Zorro Season 2, Volume 1 is now available, for those that can't wait for a season set to show up in the club. Volume 2 is, too, but the listing is incomplete (no description, and the "2" is missing after the "Season," but the picture is clearly Season 2). I love the new feature to list items by DVD release year. The Zorro S2V2 listing shows at the end, probably because their listing is incomplete and the date field is empty in their database. So, it doesn't show on the main page of the "Live Action" DVDs, where they show new releases.

BobO'Link
10-23-08, 05:39 PM
...Last note about new listings on the site:
Zorro Season 2, Volume 1 is now available, for those that can't wait for a season set to show up in the club. Volume 2 is, too, but the listing is incomplete (no description, and the "2" is missing after the "Season," but the picture is clearly Season 2). I love the new feature to list items by DVD release year. The Zorro S2V2 listing shows at the end, probably because their listing is incomplete and the date field is empty in their database. So, it doesn't show on the main page of the "Live Action" DVDs, where they show new releases.
It figures... I finally fulfilled my account obligation about 3 weeks ago. I've been waiting for Zorro S2 to arrive to do this but as I only had until the end of October I did a fulfillment when a free ship was available. Now the question is whether or not to wait for a full season, cycle accounts, or just go for it... They actually made me a bit mad in that they would not allow those of us who purchased the individual DVDs of S1 to purchase just the box without having to re-purchase the entire season again.

rider555
10-24-08, 10:43 PM
I paid for my due on contract titles.Before I call Disney,does anyone know if when purchasing your "due on contract selections"are you only able to pick those titles which count as 1 selection?

Cheato
10-26-08, 01:50 AM
Another (possible) bug on the new DMC site is that even without anything in your cart, items are listed with a current price and a "Now" price that's 50% off. So, it looks like, from the main page, that if you add the NMC bust set into your cart, it will be $75.00, but it goes into the cart at full price. I hope they get some complaints about that.

So, go to the site, log in, see the advertisement featuring the Holiday Sale, follow the link, see the bust set with a "Now" price of $75, and put it into your cart, and the price doubles. Where's the justification for that? Seems like it's bordering on being illegal.

Travis McClain
10-26-08, 12:38 PM
We failed to cancel our monthly selection in time last month, which for once was actually not all that bad since it was the NBX CE and "James & the Giant Peach." I was straightening up and I found the unopened envelope from DMC for that month (which explains why we never canceled the selection). Lo and behold, I find out that we were supposed to have gotten a 3-D title card with NBX that wasn't included with our DVDs! Furthermore, there is no reward code card. Disney's policy is to send them the order receipt and the proof of purchase, but I'll be damned if I'm going to puncture my NBX box to prove to them that I have a product their movie club shipped to me. I e-mailed them about this, and their response was to cheerfully inform me that there is a contingency for this--to send them the receipt and proof of purchase! Very frustrating.

sjake18
10-26-08, 02:53 PM

Well it turns out that I never received a conformation for the order. I don't know what happened. I was reading in their terms page that you can only have one account per household. Does that mean address or person? That is my question.

meglet
10-26-08, 02:54 PM
MinLShaw, give them a call instead of emailing. Last time I had an order mix-up, the phone reps were very helpful. To the point of letting me keep the 2nd copy of the Blu-ray they had accidentally shipped 2 of, in addition to sending me the correct Blu-ray title.

I believe their phone reps are your usual happy cheerful over-achieving Disney cast members. I've had good luck both times I called.

Cheato
10-26-08, 03:04 PM
I was reading in their terms page that you can only have one account per household. Does that mean address or person? That is my question.
From thefreedictionary.com:
household
Noun
all the people living together in one house
Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

sjake18
10-26-08, 05:16 PM
From thefreedictionary.com:
household
Noun
all the people living together in one house
Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

Okay then I guess that is what happened. My account appears to be active still though.

mjhd
10-27-08, 01:40 PM
The new DMC site seems to be handling the codes differently. Maybe it's just this code (don't know the number, but it's the one on the site when I log in: B1, additional are 50%). The details say...

I decided to experiment to see if I could find some good ways to use the code, and see if the old methods of using a non-discountable item as your B1 could trigger the discount on more expensive items.

If I put the Alias Complete Collection in my cart, at $145, it comes up at full price.
Put a second one in, and the second one is half-price.
If I add the NBC Skellington bust set at $150, the first Alias Collection goes to half-price, too, which makes sense (I guess a "complete collection" doesn't count as a "multipack").
So, the discounts still work on season sets and other deluxe DVDs.

Meanwhile, if I have the Director's Selection (Sleeping Beauty) in my cart, it is never discounted (as expected), but other DVDs are discounted to half-price.
Blu-rays are not discounted, as the details of the code say and as the old site used to (not) do, too.

So, I empty my cart, and put in the Sleeping Beauty Blu-ray at $29.95, and Alias Season 5 at $29.95, and Alias is not discounted. Added another Alias Season 5, and it was discounted. Added a $19.95 DVD, and it was discounted. Removed the two Alias sets, and the DVD went back to full price.
I tried other combinations, but the Blu-ray purchase will not trigger the discount.
So, non-discountable Blu-rays no longer seem to count as a B1 to trigger a discount.

I emptied my cart again, and tried adding in other DVDs and regular DVD sets (like Grey's Anatomy Season 1 at $19.95 and Tarzan & Jane at $19.95) in different orders, and the second one added always showed up at a discount.

Also, the double-feature Director's Selection trick that used to be a non-discountable item that would trigger discounts on higher items no longer works. Adding it to the cart and then adding the Alias collection, or the Nightmare bust set, or the Sword in the Stone Premium Package will not discount those higher-priced items.

I also confirmed other details of the code:
Items below $19.95 will not trigger the discount.
Sale-priced items (like on the "Club Deals" page, where the prices are in even dollar amounts: $22.00, $13.00, etc.) will not discount, but will count as a B1 to trigger a discount as long as the sale price (not the original price) is over $19.95.
I tried some n-pack DVDs, and some will discount (Baby Einstein 4-packs, Freaky Friday 2-pack, Disney Safety Smart 2-pack, Mighty Ducks 3-pack), and some won't (Hannah Montana 3-pack, Disney Channel Musical 3-pack, Baby Einstein 3-packs), so this is a YMMV, which probably depends on how Disney has set the flag for "multipack" in their database. It doesn't seem to depend on which ones have animated GIFs.
I couldn't care less about CDs and "club merchandise," so I'm not going to take my time to test them out; others can feel free to post their results. I already wasted enough of my time on things like Hannah Montana (don't get mad, HM fans--I just don't see a need to get it for me, personally).

I like the link on the upper right that says "Other Offers," and the page that says...
Right now, there's nothing there for me, but I hope it becomes an easy-to-view location to truly see all available offers. And I hope it is not account-dependent.

There are 4 additional glitches happening now:

1) Prices on item descriptions show a 50% discount, even if the discount won't be applied when you add it to the cart. (Put a regular DVD in your cart, and the Alias Collection shows as $72.48 in the listing, but $144.95 in your cart.) This will probably get fixed as people complain about it, but it might take a while for people to notice. Side note: The Mighty Ducks 3-pack listing does not indicate a discount, but it does discount to half-price in the cart, even though it is a "multipack."

2) The Director's Selection double feature is listed as $36.90, but if you put it into your cart, it goes to $46.90. I suspect people will complain and this will get fixed quickly (one way or the other). But, if you add a higher-priced item to the cart, the double feature gets discounted to $34.43. Not sure why, and I don't feel like trying to hard to figure it out, as it will probably get fixed somehow.

3) If you use a "View All" link, it does, indeed, let you view all. But, it still lists links for the pages, as if you are not "viewing all." Clicking those links takes you back to page views. Seems like a pretty strange design choice (especially since it doesn't say something like "return to page views"), so I'm going to call it a mistake.

4) If you put a 3rd copy of something in your cart, it goes in OK. If you try to add a fourth, you get a notice that says "you can not purchase more than 2 of any one title." If you try to add a fourth, it won't go. The code detail itself says that the discount has a limit of "3 units per title."

Last note about new listings on the site:

Are you a vip member? I was offered a 60% discount and was able to get the discount on the items you listed such as the alias set when I order the featured selection + mulan special to get free shipping.

Cheato
10-28-08, 09:05 AM
Yes, I am a VIP member. I will be cycling this account soon, though, as I just fulfilled it with that awesome B1G1+50%(+FS from the Director's Selection) deal.

Are you using the new DMC site, or the old one?

(I don't even know if the old one still exists. I received an email that read "You have been selected to use the new Disney Movie Club website," which I assumed was just a marketing thing to make me feel special, and that everyone was "selected." My old bookmark takes me to the new site.)

Of course, the very first thing I said in my post was "The new DMC site seems to be handling the codes differently. Maybe it's just this code..."

So if you want to see if you get the same results I did, try the same discount code. A different discount code could have different results--the new site is unexplored territory. Posting different results from using different codes would be posting pretty useful information.

PS. Did you need to quote my ENTIRE post?

BobO'Link
10-28-08, 07:08 PM
Cheato, I tried to duplicate what you've reported and could not...

I still have the old site and was never offered the new. My current default offer is: "Get 60% off additional movies when you buy 1 at regular price". Clicking on "Offer details" generates a pop-up with this:

"Your highest-priced title counts as your regular-price movie (must be $19.95 or more for DVD).
All additional titles of equal or lesser value will have the 60% discount applied.
Discounted titles are limited to 3 units per title. Blu-ray DVDs, multipacks, CDs, merchandise and Club Deals are not included in this offer.
This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Offer ends November 17, 2008.
Your sale prices are shown in red below the regular Club prices.
To apply a different discount than the one currently displayed, enter the desired CODE at checkout to have your cart re-priced.
If you prefer to purchase your movies without an offer (at regular Club prices), just enter CODE 0001 at checkout to have your discounts removed."

Adding a BR disk triggered the discount on further selections, even large sets like "Alias: The Complete Collection". I put a BR in my cart, added "Tarzan and Jane" it was $7.98. I then added the "Alias" collection and it shows as $57.98. None of the "Club Deals" I tried would trigger a discount no matter what the price. I was unable to find the NBC Skellington set to test further, but it appears the "old" site still works as it always did.

Here is the link I am using to log in:

https://disney.videos.go.com/General/Site/SignIn?locale=en_US

Interestingly, when I shorten that to:

http://disney.videos.go.com *or* https://disney.videos.go.com

it returns a white page with "This document has moved to ." in the upper left hand corner and the URL changes to: http://disney.videos.go.com/General/Site/Index

If I then hit "reload" I'm apparently logged in (without entering my username/password combo) and can navigate around the site shopping, etc. However the URLS all are missing the "s" following http as I normally get when I log in using the secure link above. Then all pages are loaded as https secure pages. It does this even if I tell the site I'm not me! However if I attempted to access "My Account" I was asked to sign in. I'm hoping this would also be the case if I attempted to make an order. If not it's a very insecure and lame way to run a site! The only way to get my name/email off the site completely was to clear all cookies with "disney". I was then offered a standard login page when using the above links.

Cheato
10-28-08, 10:02 PM
I'm stuck on the new site, and I can't access the old one. I guess it's account-specific. I have a new and different login page than I had last month.

I cleared my Disney, Go, and ABC cookies, and followed your link, BobO'Link, and got the old login page I was used to. But once I logged in, it took me to the new site:

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/

That quickly redirected slightly by filling in with some webapp servlet info and populating the right side of my screen with cart info and a welcome message.

I tried manually entering the old disney.videos site info into the URL, but it just keeps redirecting me back to the new site. I tried removing the servlet stuff and playing with it, but just kept getting either page errors or slightly modified new site pages (like missing the "Your Cart" and "My Wish List" links on the right, for example).

So I appear to be stuck on the new site. Lucky me! Worse discounts and glitchy (in a bad way) prices!

If any of you are looking to fulfill, especially using a Featured Title that can give the free shipping and super discounts on pricy stuff, you'd better do it soon. I don't know when all the accounts will be rolled over to the new site.

g
10-29-08, 12:01 AM
Unfortunately its too late for me. They switched me to the new site and I have one more fulfillment.

rider555
10-31-08, 05:19 PM
I paid for my due on contract titles.Before I call Disney,does anyone know if when purchasing your "due on contract selections"are you only able to pick those titles which count as 1 selection?
I mailed in a check for my due on contract titles 10 days a go.I called to check on my membership status and was told that the amount due is $79.80
So they have either not received the check or have not processed it yet.
How long does this normally take?
I would like to be able to log in to my account,but I can not remember my password.
I know that they will send you your password to your email address,unfortunately the email I used for this account is a WebTV one and I cancelled my WebTV service over a year ago.
I guess I am up a creek without a paddle.
Dammit,that check had better show up soon so that I can get the DVDs that they owe me.I do not want to deal with some A-hole from a collection ageny.

gogogadget
11-02-08, 01:41 AM
Sigh. My copy of Meet the Robinsons has the screen split in half and freezes randomly. How are they on accepting returns for faulty merchandise?

rednowgreen
11-02-08, 08:11 AM
Sigh. My copy of Meet the Robinsons has the screen split in half and freezes randomly. How are they on accepting returns for faulty merchandise?

Damaged Or Defective Product: If you receive product that is damaged or defective, we will promptly exchange it at our expense upon receipt of the damaged merchandise. If you prefer not to exchange it, you may return it and we will gladly apply the value of the product to your account as a merchandise credit. For technical assistance with any Disney DVD, call 1-800-723-4763 or visit us at DisneyDVD.com/support.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
11-03-08, 11:29 AM
Hey, I have a new account that I opened up just a few weeks ago, and from reading thru the posts here, it looks like I am still on the old site (disney.videos.go.com). I used a code I got here for enrollment, and got the 5 for $1, etc, and it says I have 3 more to buy (despite the post where I got the code saying that I would have 4 mroe to buy, but hey, that's okay with me.)

I guess my main question is what is the best way to go about fufillment for this club, is it worth waiting on any sort of discount, or am I waiting in vain? With a CH membership, I usually wait for a B1G1 so as to minimize my $ per DVD cost. Some of the eariler posts here just say to wait for free shipping, but I haven't seen that in a while on this thread. Do those still come around? Otherwise what is the best way of minimizing my cost per DVD?

I am mainly interested in collecting the animated classics. The titles I am most interested in right now which were not available to me during enrollment are Sleeping Beauty and The Jungle Book. My current featured selection shows that I can buy Sleeping Beauty along with Mulan 1&2 for a total of 36.95 with free shipping, but I am hesitant to do that because:

1. I'm really not interested in Mulan 2.
2. Mulan package won't count as fulfillment, so we're adding to my total cost per DVD
3. I can get Mulan as an enrollment selection if and when I choose to cycle.

BobO'Link
11-03-08, 05:24 PM
You'll not find codes for Disney like at CH. While a code will pop up from time to time, and sometimes is pretty good, the best way to fulfill is to wait for a free shipping offer to appear on your account and fulfill at that time. Most of the % discounts are not worth bothering with on an unfulfilled account as, unlike CH, *any* code that takes the price of a selection below the $19.95 threshold will invalidate that selection as a fulfillment. That's why the free shipping offer is best and, unlike CH, the free shipping offers work with box sets. Free shipping appears every 2-4 months on your account and is usually a "buy 2 get free shipping" offer. Yes, you can buy more than 2 and get free shipping on the entire order. As far as a B1G1... I don't recall ever seeing one of these at Disney. Even after you fulfill, the "Congratulations you're a VIP" offer is "Half-Price DVDs when you buy 1 at regular price" with a 5 at 1/2 price limit.

rednowgreen
11-04-08, 07:12 AM
https://disney.videos.go.com/bvhe/movie_collection/special/MO-Save_40_percent_buy_1_free_shipping.jpg

mjhd
11-04-08, 09:46 AM
Has anyone here placed a very large order before? I place a large order using the 60% off. I just went to check on it and the order has vanished...and of course now it is only 40% :( I never received an email confirmation but the charge was pending on my cc but has since fallen off. Suggestions? Thanks!

SMART-ASS
11-04-08, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the unethical experience of internet shopping. Seems like Disney is now taking lessons from Columbia House. If they don't like your order, they change the price to whatever they want and charge you anyway, or they just delete your order.
I too placed 6 different orders a couple weeks ago, the charges were also pending on my credit card, then the orders just magically disappeared.:rolleyes:

magen
11-05-08, 10:20 AM
Try placing it again... here is the code 99301

That'sAllFolks
11-05-08, 01:16 PM
You'll not find codes for Disney like at CH. While a code will pop up from time to time, and sometimes is pretty good, the best way to fulfill is to wait for a free shipping offer to appear on your account and fulfill at that time. Most of the % discounts are not worth bothering with on an unfulfilled account as, unlike CH, *any* code that takes the price of a selection below the $19.95 threshold will invalidate that selection as a fulfillment. That's why the free shipping offer is best and, unlike CH, the free shipping offers work with box sets. Free shipping appears every 2-4 months on your account and is usually a "buy 2 get free shipping" offer. Yes, you can buy more than 2 and get free shipping on the entire order. As far as a B1G1... I don't recall ever seeing one of these at Disney. Even after you fulfill, the "Congratulations you're a VIP" offer is "Half-Price DVDs when you buy 1 at regular price" with a 5 at 1/2 price limit.

The five limit may be new, but I ordered around 20 DVDs with the 60% code last go around (there's one active now).

Yes, the first one is regular price and there is an extra 1.00 for shipping, but it is a great way to get Treasures and other animated stuff you might want that is almost never on sale.

dougb222
11-05-08, 03:34 PM
I've only recently joined the club and was wondering how soon (based on previous experience) they'd likely add Dr. Syn to the club (I believe it gets a general release next week).

mjhd
11-07-08, 11:03 AM
Welcome to the unethical experience of internet shopping. Seems like Disney is now taking lessons from Columbia House. If they don't like your order, they change the price to whatever they want and charge you anyway, or they just delete your order.
I too placed 6 different orders a couple weeks ago, the charges were also pending on my credit card, then the orders just magically disappeared.:rolleyes:

Good to hear I am not alone although this is ridiculous. You would think that they would want a large order...I have placed a large order previously with no problems so I don't know why this one was deleted.

Thanks magen for the code! I may try again...

ZhivagosGirl
11-07-08, 10:07 PM
Try placing it again... here is the code 99301

Hi, I just tried using this code and it's not working. Maybe I'm not doing it right. I've never done this before. I'm on the check out page and I'm putting 99301 in the field that says, "Have a discount or offer code?"

Any help would be appreciated.

Lara

BobO'Link
11-08-08, 07:59 AM
^That's the place. If it's not taking the code then the code is no longer valid.

ZhivagosGirl
11-08-08, 06:02 PM
It did finally go through - but it said that it wasn't available for my level of membership. I guess it must be a VIP thing.

I'm bummed because I had 6-8 movies I was going to order last month when I think it was buy one at the regular price - get the rest half off. I was worried about the expense without mentioning it to my husband. Well - this month the same movies - full price about bowled me over! We only need 1 more to fulfill our contract. Would it be best to get one full price and then say get "The great mouse detective" ($13.00)? The two together would drop the price somewhat. After we've gotten our 4 - do we start getting bonus stuff? (Better codes etc?)

Thanks - Lara

Cheato
11-09-08, 12:44 AM
If something is "on sale" at an even amount ($13.00, instead of $12.95, for example), then it can't be discounted by other sales. In my opinion, $13 is not a good price for The Great Mouse Detective. I got it in a different sale (Best Buy?) for less than $10. It's available used from SecondSpin right now for $11.99-20%+FS ("heynow" code), and new from DeepDiscount for $14.15-25%(-4% Live.com cashback)+FS.

If you cycle accounts at Disney, you can get DVDs for an average price of less than $10 each, as long as you take advantage of sales/codes that give you free shipping. Those "on sale"-priced DVDs actually turn out to be MORE expensive than the regularly priced ones.

As you said, you had 6-8 movies you were going to order. If those movies aren't readily available from other sources for less than $10 each (for example, most Disney animated stuff), then I would fulfill with the minimum requirement, close the account, and then start a new account. Get The Great Mouse Detective somewhere else.

bloopbleep
11-12-08, 02:50 PM
I think I may have been blacklisted at Disney DVD CLUB, I ordered the Nightmare bust set a month ago for $75 due to discounts, well they charged me the full 154.00. I told them I didn`t want it for that price, well I sent it back, they refunded my full amount and sent me a email they received The Nightmare bust set. I go to log on today to order the new Zorros, it takes me to the new site for the first time, Doesn`t recognize my password or e-mail address. Is it the new site tech problems or was I blacklisted?

BobO'Link
11-12-08, 08:54 PM
^Have you tried the "forgot your password" link?

bloopbleep
11-12-08, 10:24 PM
^Have you tried the "forgot your password" link?

YES, They don`t recognize me. Any clue?

Cheato
11-14-08, 11:48 AM
Still problems on the new site.
I got an email advertising a B1,60%-off sale.
Followed the link to the new site, and I get a B1,40%-off banner.
I click on the "Other Offers" link, and it shows another banner there as B1,50%-off+FS.
Where's my 60%-off?

Since I fulfilled my last account, I'm actually going to close this one, but still, I was curious.

Under the B1,40%-off, the prices all reflect 40%-off, even without something in my cart.
I REALLY think that Disney should fix that. It's very deceptive to see something like the SITS deluxe set listed at $41.97, throw it into the cart, and have the price change to $69.95. This isn't a 1-off glitch; this is the standard on the site.

I mean, I'm no lawyer, but how is that not illegal?

And while they're at it, if they really want to clear some things out that are "on sale," why wouldn't they let sale codes affect those prices? I'd rather buy regularly-priced things that drop to 50%-off, than buy a sale item at 25%-off that can't be reduced further. Idiots.

The page-viewing is still screwed up, too. Click on "View all," and then it actually does "view all," even on a page like "Live-Action," which then loads hundreds and hundreds of movie listings. But then the page links are still there, and if you click on one, it takes you back to that page. Seems like a bad design--unnecessary and confusing.

I'm willing to let a lot of things go when there's a transition going on and somebody's trying to roll out a new and improved site, but come on, the obvious stuff needs to get fixed.

bloopbleep
11-14-08, 03:30 PM
Still problems on the new site.
I got an email advertising a B1,60%-off sale.
Followed the link to the new site, and I get a B1,40%-off banner.
I click on the "Other Offers" link, and it shows another banner there as B1,50%-off+FS.
Where's my 60%-off?

Since I fulfilled my last account, I'm actually going to close this one, but still, I was curious.

Under the B1,40%-off, the prices all reflect 40%-off, even without something in my cart.
I REALLY think that Disney should fix that. It's very deceptive to see something like the SITS deluxe set listed at $41.97, throw it into the cart, and have the price change to $69.95. This isn't a 1-off glitch; this is the standard on the site.

I mean, I'm no lawyer, but how is that not illegal?

And while they're at it, if they really want to clear some things out that are "on sale," why wouldn't they let sale codes affect those prices? I'd rather buy regularly-priced things that drop to 50%-off, than buy a sale item at 25%-off that can't be reduced further. Idiots.

The page-viewing is still screwed up, too. Click on "View all," and then it actually does "view all," even on a page like "Live-Action," which then loads hundreds and hundreds of movie listings. But then the page links are still there, and if you click on one, it takes you back to that page. Seems like a bad design--unnecessary and confusing.

I'm willing to let a lot of things go when there's a transition going on and somebody's trying to roll out a new and improved site, but come on, the obvious stuff needs to get fixed.

Kinda what happened to me with the Nightmare Bust set, said 74 and change, order mysteriously disappears, a few days later my credit card gets charged 154 and now I can`t log in.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
11-16-08, 06:28 PM
Hey, I recently fulfilled my account, and I was thinking about cycling, and I was looking to see what's available for enrollment, and almost accidentally, I stumbled upon the fact that the Sword in the Stone premium set is apparantly available as enrollment. That can't be right, can it? A $70 set for less than a buck?

Should I hurry up and cycle? Or do you think it will magically disappear from my order?

Subgeniusguy
11-16-08, 07:14 PM
Hey, I recently fulfilled my account, and I was thinking about cycling, and I was looking to see what's available for enrollment, and almost accidentally, I stumbled upon the fact that the Sword in the Stone premium set is apparantly available as enrollment. That can't be right, can it? A $70 set for less than a buck?

It wouldn't surprise me if they offered it as an enrollment. IMO, the set was way overpriced to begin with.

g
11-16-08, 08:02 PM
It's true it was way overpriced, but it still is probably a mistake.

Souzou
11-16-08, 08:11 PM
My friend recently introduced me to the DMC. Tonight I asked her to invite me so that she could get credit for the referral. But when I clicked the linked provided in the email, there wasn't a placed to put the "5 DVDs for $1.99" promo code. It just brought up the front page with the 4 movie offer.

Is there a way for me to do both the referral and put in the code for the 5 movies?

Obi-Wan Jabroni
11-16-08, 08:12 PM
One other thing I just noticed, enrollment code 908001 isn't 5 movies for a buck anymore. It's five movies for $1.99 each.

smashthesymbols
11-16-08, 08:20 PM
It's true it was way overpriced, but it still is probably a mistake.
I'm sure it's a mistake. If they offered everything that was overpriced as an enrollment they'd have to offer everything they sell.

Is there a way for me to do both the referral and put in the code for the 5 movies?
I'm pretty sure it's one or the other. Your friend will just have to do without a referral.