Reload this Page >

Madden 360 freezing up

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Madden 360 freezing up

Old 05-11-06, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Madden 360 freezing up

I don't know if this has been talked about but does anybody else's Madden on the 360 freeze up constantly? For awhile it was freezing up on me almost every game, but it hadn't done it in awhile. Then tonight I was down 2 touchdowns starting the 4th quarter and came back and built up a 2 touchdown lead with a minute left to go and the God damn thing froze up again! It is so frustrating to spend an hour playing a game and then have it freeze up with 1 minute left to go. I would bring it back but a. I've heard it is a known problem with Madden so another one would probably do the same thing and b. I lost my frickin receipt. Just wanted to vent I guess.
Old 05-13-06, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
call microsoft and send then your 360, it isn't your game its your 360. when they start to do goofy freeze it dies. hoping in the next week or two you'll see the devil lights.
Old 05-14-06, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gave up on Madden. Too many bugs, including freeezes. The last one I encountered wasn't a total freeze. I could hear the crowd noise and the camera was panning around, it just wouldn't accept any input from my controller. I don't have any problems with any other games.

While I might buy NCAA, I don't intend to buy another Madden game. I don't care enough about NFL football and this one was just rushed so much that it kind of soured my opinion of the Madden franchise.
Old 05-14-06, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BeanDip0001
call microsoft and send then your 360, it isn't your game its your 360. when they start to do goofy freeze it dies. hoping in the next week or two you'll see the devil lights.

None of my other games (I guess I only have 2 others) freeze. Madden has frozen probably a dozen or more times just in the last week.
Old 05-14-06, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gromit
I gave up on Madden. Too many bugs, including freeezes. The last one I encountered wasn't a total freeze. I could hear the crowd noise and the camera was panning around, it just wouldn't accept any input from my controller. I don't have any problems with any other games.

While I might buy NCAA, I don't intend to buy another Madden game. I don't care enough about NFL football and this one was just rushed so much that it kind of soured my opinion of the Madden franchise.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I pretty much just bought Madden so I could have a football game until NCAA came out. I'm a MUCH bigger college football fan. Anyway, I would like to at least get through 1 season before I give up on it especially since it cost 60 bucks. I was playing the Super Bowl this afternoon and it froze again and I haven't tried it again yet. It really isn't a very good game though. You can't challenge, can't mass sub, can't press another button and go back if you missed the the player you want to control and there are countless glitches like offsides for no reason, hitting the quarterback in the head when it didn't happen, receivers catching the ball out of bounds and being called in, receivers going out of bounds and coming back in and being allowed to catch the ball and so on. Hopefully NCAA will fix all the stuff that's wrong with Madden.
Old 05-15-06, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok. I've officially given up on Madden too. I just tried playing the Super Bowl for the 3rd time and it froze again. This time with about 3 minutes to go in the 4th. It's sad that it's only a week old and I NEVER want to play it again because the game simply isn't very good and because it's a miracle if I even finish a game without it freezing up. Nice Work Madden guys.
Old 05-15-06, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I pretty much just bought Madden so I could have a football game until NCAA came out. I'm a MUCH bigger college football fan. Anyway, I would like to at least get through 1 season before I give up on it especially since it cost 60 bucks. I was playing the Super Bowl this afternoon and it froze again and I haven't tried it again yet. It really isn't a very good game though. You can't challenge, can't mass sub, can't press another button and go back if you missed the the player you want to control and there are countless glitches like offsides for no reason, hitting the quarterback in the head when it didn't happen, receivers catching the ball out of bounds and being called in, receivers going out of bounds and coming back in and being allowed to catch the ball and so on. Hopefully NCAA will fix all the stuff that's wrong with Madden.
I was excited about NCAA as well, but it too looks like it will be a stripped down version of the PS2/XBOX games. EA is hyping this new momentum changing plays, but are leaving them out of the 360. With the focus on HD and not gameplay, it will be more of the same fluff or function. Check out the NCAA thread in this forum.
Old 05-22-06, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

finally i found myself a good copy of madden 2006 for the xbox....didnt freeze and i actually got to play a full game...