Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Who's Going to See Springsteen?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-05-06, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

The Seeger Sessions Tour is coming to Chicago and I'm pumped. I totally dig the new CD/DVD and got some "pit" GA (front & center) tickets for the show.

So who else is going? Anyone know how many GA tickets there are per show or what the exact setup is?
Old 05-05-06, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Missed out. The Greek Theater in LA sold out instantly. I pulled up some tickets in the back but I don't like sitting that far back. Enjoy the show.
Old 05-07-06, 10:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I wish he would put out another album like Born in the USA where he was dancing and smiling during the Dancing in the Dark video, I hate the Streets of Philidelphia Video where he's walking all around depressed looking ( that was also when he stopped combing his hair), I really hope he follows up the seeger sessions with something more lively.
Old 05-07-06, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know I hate these artists that don't smile and dance for the camera. Especially the ones who sing about issues and stuff. Everyone should be like Brittney Spears and smile and dance for us and sing about getting laid and stuff. That would be cool.
Old 05-07-06, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion "The Seeger Sessions" is the most lively work Springsteen's done in ages.
Old 05-07-06, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden
In my opinion "The Seeger Sessions" is the most lively work Springsteen's done in ages.
Yep, lively and fun. anyone waiting for a return to Born in the USA sound and Bruce smiling and wearing red headbands has a long wait ahead of them.
Old 05-08-06, 09:11 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by MANBREASTS
I wish he would put out another album like Born in the USA where he was dancing and smiling during the Dancing in the Dark video, I hate the Streets of Philidelphia Video where he's walking all around depressed looking ( that was also when he stopped combing his hair), I really hope he follows up the seeger sessions with something more lively.
I don't get it--"follows up the seeger sessions with something more lively" ?? Do you own the CD? Have you watched the DVD side, where it's just Bruce and 17 band members jamming away in some living room? They all look to be having the time of their lives, even the lucky dog strummin' the washboard...

Here in Chicago, it was weird. Tried to get pit tickets at 10 a.m., had them all the way to the last screen when Ticketmonster froze up. Tried again at 10:30, only back row, tried again at 10:40, got the pit tickets. Should be sweet...
Old 05-08-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 126 Posts
I would've been on the fence if I was paying for these out of my own pocket, but my company just bought VIP season tickets to our big local summer venue and I was the first to request the ones for Springsteen, so I'll be there for free. Every once in a long while, there actually is a benefit to working for a small company.
Old 05-28-06, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Amazing show tonight in Boston! This will go into my Top Five Bruce shows of all-time (and my first show was in '80). 2hrs and 45 minutes of non-stop fun, rocking just as much as he did with the E-Street band, but in a different way. With the funky arrangements and a 6-piece horn section, it seemed more like a New Orleans parade band than a Pete Seeger show. Not many Springsteen songs; 'Johnny 99', 'Cadillac Ranch' and 'Ramrod' and 'If I Should Fall Behind' were the only ones I remember.

Also, Peter Wolf from the J. Geils band came out for the final encore of 'Dirty Water'.
Old 05-28-06, 09:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no E Street Band + few Springsteen songs = NO SALE