Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Sopranos game announced by THQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Sopranos game announced by THQ

I'm not sure what to make of this...but obviously captializing on The Godfather's "success".

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. (May 4, 2006) -- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced its upcoming videogame based on HBO's critically acclaimed series The Sopranos. Currently under development, the game will evoke the atmosphere, action and conflicts that are the cornerstone of the hit show, which has found worldwide success as one of HBO's premier original programs. The game is backed by key members of the all-star cast who will lend their voices and likenesses, including James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano. The Sopranos game is scheduled to release for the Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation(r)2 computer entertainment system this holiday season.

"Teaming up with one of the best in the business, we're excited to enter this new entertainment medium with our most successful and widely recognized original series, The Sopranos," said Carmi Zlotnik, executive vice president, New Media Programming, HBO. "It's clear that fans want more of The Sopranos, and creating a game that puts the player in their world is a great way to satisfy them."

"We're excited to work with HBO on creating a game that captures the spirit of the groundbreaking series - a modern classic that redefines the life of crime genre," said Kelly Flock, executive vice president, Worldwide Publishing, THQ. "The Sopranos has become television legacy for this generation and now fans and gamers can become part of the story and see if they have the muscle and wit to become 'made'."

About The Sopranos Game
A mob war is brewing as Philadelphia's and New Jersey's most powerful families are about to collide. As the illegitimate son of "Big Pussy," you have been born into the organization and are now being given an opportunity to demonstrate your loyalty to Tony Soprano. As a soldier you must earn money on collections, protect your turf through intimidation, and gain admiration within your own family to move up in the ranks of the organization. Carry out orders from Paulie, Silvio, Christopher and Tony in familiar locations such as the Bada Bing!, Nuovo Vesuvio's and Satriale's. Storyline collaborated with show creator David Chase and voiced by the show's key cast members.
Old 05-04-06, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screenshot looks horrible... but I'll probably buy it because I love the Sopranos.

http://media.gigex.com/ss/5248/screens/5248_01.jpg
Old 05-04-06, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Smidget
Screenshot looks horrible... but I'll probably buy it because I love the Sopranos.

http://media.gigex.com/ss/5248/screens/5248_01.jpg
christ that's an understatement
Old 05-04-06, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

all their faces are like flat or something. Wow that looks shitty.
Old 05-04-06, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm assuming (hopefully correctly) that it is from the PS2 version..
Old 05-04-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Smidget
And this is why shitty license-based games continue being made dominating the market.
Old 05-04-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
And this is why shitty license-based games continue being made dominating the market.
Sigh, I know... but David Chase is creating the storyline! The David Chase!
Old 05-04-06, 12:09 PM

"Storyline collaborated with show creator David Chase..."

THQ: "David Chase, does this potential storyline include characters named Soprano?"
D.C.: "Yes. Yes it does." *goes back to re-counting his thousand dollar bill collection.*
THQ: "Thank you for your collaboration, David Chase."
D.C.: *grunt of approval*
Old 05-04-06, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

True.... oh well, wait for reviews and if it sucks hard I won't pick it up and some fan-site will have the plot outlined and I'll wait for the bargain bin
Old 05-04-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hrm, maybe we will get some unlockable Meadow content that will get the game re-rated.... isn't that the new trend?
Old 05-04-06, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Would love it if it were a good game.....
Old 05-04-06, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by DamingR
Would love it if it were a good game.....
Keep hope alive!
Old 05-04-06, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd like to see a Morgue Tycoon type game branded for "Six Feet Under," possibly with minigames involving anal sex with men and dying of a brain tumor.

Also, I'd like to see a 3D fighter based on "Sex and the City," where you can play as Mikhail Baryshnikov on his unending quest to punch Sarah Jessica Parker in the face.

And an action RPG based on "Curb Your Enthusiasm."
Old 05-04-06, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would totally play an RPG of Curb Your Enthusiasum. Larry David goes around and keeps runing into people, having lengthy starring contests, and than says okay...okay. That'd be great!

Hopefully this game will be good. I've enjoyed a lot of these recent TV/movie based games. I've liked most of the 24 game (I still have about fours hours to beat, but mostly for the voices/plot...gameplay leaves something to be desired) and The Godfather game is just sittting here waiting for me to play it. I really really hope this will be good.
Old 05-04-06, 11:22 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I am hereby starting a petition for an action RPG Curb Your Enthusiasm game.
Old 05-05-06, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ScandalUMD
I'd like to see a Morgue Tycoon type game branded for "Six Feet Under," possibly with minigames involving anal sex with men and
Spoiler:
dying of a brain tumor.
"
What the fuck? Not everyone has watched the last season yet. Thanks for ruining SFU in a thread I would've never expected.
Old 11-13-06, 06:18 AM

So has anyone read any reviews yet?