Smallville -- "Fade" -- 04/27/06

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-06, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Smallville -- "Fade" -- 04/27/06

"Fade"
Spoiler:
A man expresses gratitude to Clark for saving his life in Metropolis; Clark talks to Lana about her relationship with Lex.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Erica Durance.
Director(s): Terrence O'Hara.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Alfredo Septien, Turi Meyer.

Original Airdate: April 27, 2006.
Old 04-27-06, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was a time when I really used to look forward to this show on a weekly basis. I don't anymore.
Old 04-27-06, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 602 Likes on 348 Posts
Local listings in SoCal have this episode scheduled for Friday the 28th due to some silly basketball game.
Old 04-27-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly when is this train wreck going to become tolerable again? The description sounds even worse than last week. There's what, two episodes left or something like that? Are they just trying to drive it off a cliff by not bothering to even start up their usual huge, multi-episode season-ending arc that spares us from the awful FOTW episodes? Obviously these people are sniffing something after an episode like last week, thinking that Saw would make the perfect Smallville episode... The most blatant rip-off I've seen in a good long time. It's starting to look like they can't even come up with any decent season-ending stories anymore... What's next, Silent Smallville? The Farms Have Eyes? When A Kryptonite-Freak Calls? Hostel: Kansas?

Those that are into spoiler sites, any chance I could get a yes or no answer to this question: Is there a big finish coming for the season-finale? After the ridiculousness of the 100th episode, last week was the first episode I'd watched since. The past couple seasons all have had the big arcs building up by this point, and it's the only reason I came back. If it's just going to be freak of the week for the rest of the season, I'm not even going to bother.
Old 04-27-06, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dont comic books have multi-issue arcs? And cliffhangers? I think both of those would improve the show. Some of the freaks of the week have been ok, but I think it would be better to develop some of them and have their stories last for a few episodes.
Old 04-27-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
The complaints are more tiresome than bad episodes
Old 04-27-06, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, so far this episode has more plot than the last few episodes. Another FOTW, but the sub-plots are starting to move.
Old 04-27-06, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The shot of Clark's face when Lois opens the bathroom door in her birthday suit was worth the price of admission.

The rest of the FOTW episode imparted upon Clark the lesson of you can't choose who to save or not save, even if they are evil or not.

The denseness of Clark (matched only by his invulnerability) was on display as he was moaning and groaning to Chloe about how it hurts to see Lana with Lex, and Chloe just gives him this look of "if you'd get over yourself, you'd see that I was hurting too, you big lug!"

Lex really needs to get some better security (infrared/heat sensors would also help).

Last edited by Patman; 04-27-06 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-27-06, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I'm sick of the freak of the week storylines and I'm tired of the writers being afraid to take the show into new territory. They always hit the reset button. But I agree, the constant "I'm no longer interested in the show" or "the show sucks" complaints are tiresome, especially when those that say this obviously can't stop watching the show. If you keep watching the show and participating in Smallville discussions, you obviously haven't lost interest.
Old 04-27-06, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm beginning to wonder if next season the writers are going to quit hinting at a Lois/Clark storyline and start developing that relationship. I know the producers have been against it in the past.

Last edited by DGibFen; 04-27-06 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-27-06, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Don't think the producers ever ruled out Lois showing up, their biggest rule at the beginning was "No tights, no flights" (so Clark "jumps" ever now and then). Heh.
Old 04-27-06, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Patman
The rest of the FOTW episode imparted upon Clark the lesson of you can't choose who to save or not save, even if they are evil or not.
And it took forty long minutes to get us there.

The denseness of Clark (matched only by his invulnerability) was on display as he was moaning and groaning to Chloe about how it hurts to see Lana with Lex, and Chloe just gives him this look of "if you'd get over yourself, you'd see that I was hurting too, you big lug!"
Yeah, I hear that. Almost to the point of self-absorbedness. Wonder who the producers'll kill to teach him that lesson?

Lex really needs to get some better security (infrared/heat sensors would also help).
Ya know, I kept waiting for Clark to at least attempt to use his X-ray vision to find whateverhisnamewas. Guess not. I'm just glad we didn't have to sit through five or ten minutes of SFX showing us his eardrum.

Originally Posted by Terrell
Well, I'm sick of the freak of the week storylines and I'm tired of the writers being afraid to take the show into new territory. They always hit the reset button. But I agree, the constant "I'm no longer interested in the show" or "the show sucks" complaints are tiresome, especially when those that say this obviously can't stop watching the show.
I took last week off since I didn't think it was that bad and there was hardly any Lana at all. In fact, this episode made me realize that I hate Kreuk. She can't act and now it's like anytime she's on the screen I just want to grab a gun and shoot my TV Presley-style. I don't think Durcance is that much better, but after five years of Kreuk's "acting", i've reached my breaking point.

I haven't hit that with Lois yet.

Perhaps it's a GOOD thing that Singer didn't cast Tom and Mike in Supes Returns. If he did, he might've felt obligated to have Kreuk in it to.
Old 04-27-06, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I did laugh at Lex shooting all over his hospital room (aren't there other patient in that wing of the hospital? Nah, the writers didn't think that through, did they?).
Old 04-27-06, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I did laugh at Lex shooting all over his hospital room (aren't there other patient in that wing of the hospital? Nah, the writers didn't think that through, did they?).
Oh, that thought about it. They just hoped WE wouldn't think or care about it.
Old 04-27-06, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was a good episode but I agree that it's not what you would expect from one of the season closers.
Old 04-28-06, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Clark's expression seeing Lois naked was classic! Hopefully they can start planting some seeds towards a Clark/Lois relationship.
Old 04-28-06, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dunno. I thought it was a great Smallville episode, but that may not be saying a lot. Still, I think we are a little tough on this show.

The Clark and Chloe scenes made me realize something. The writers/producers have it backwards. Chloe would make a better Lois and Lois would make a better Lana

The scenes with Chloe and Clark have that catchy screwball comedy movie feel from the 40's (Cary Grant / Rosalind Russel). Yes, I know I lost 90% of the readers probably have never seen a screwball comedy, but Clark and Chloe really pull it off.

When Clark tells Chloe about not understanding when he saw Lana with Lex was great. She is really good at switching between smiling and heart broken in a few words.

Last edited by Ayre; 04-28-06 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-28-06, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

great episode but felt a cringe when clark saw them kissing...

i am beginning to hate even more Lana... she is so dumb and not worth saving anymore... let her die..

I knew Clark would be the one seeing her naked.... reason being if she put a towel on then it would be someone else... but she would be naked for clark...
Old 04-28-06, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by coladar
Those that are into spoiler sites, any chance I could get a yes or no answer to this question: Is there a big finish coming for the season-finale?
Yes!
Old 04-28-06, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Ayre
When Clark tells Chloe about not understanding when he saw Lana with Lex was great. She is really good at switching between smiling and heart broken in a few words.
She is really good at that. I feel heartbroken myself for Chole esp. back last season when Lois dumped Clark into the water. As she looked at them she just looked crushed
Old 04-28-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
The Clark and Chloe scenes made me realize something. The writers/producers have it backwards. Chloe would make a better Lois and Lois would make a better Lana.
I have a long-standing, though completely unvalidated, theory that Cloe WILL BE Clark's Lois Lane. The first clue came when Chloe did an internship with the Planet a few seasons back and used "Lois Lane" as her pseudonym. The first cracks in my theory's foundation came when they (so unnecessicarily) introduced the real Lois into the show. Then more last night when Lois & Ma Kent were having the conversation about finding the right guy. Please, say it ain't so. Chloe & Clark belong together.
Old 04-28-06, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho
So you just want positive reviews Guess? Hardly anyone will post.
Old 04-28-06, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But, Chloe got a byline as "Chloe Sullivan" for her story on the invisible hit man, so... even though Chloe wrote under the pseudonym of "Lois Lane", I'm not sure she will turn out to be that "Lois Lane" for this re-imagining of the Superman mythos. I still think Chloe gets killed, and Lois follows in Chloe's footsteps because she goes on a mission to find Chloe's killer, and her true reporting instincts come out during her hunt for Chloe's killer.
Old 04-28-06, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still think Chloe gets killed, and Lois follows in Chloe's footsteps because she goes on a mission to find Chloe's killer, and her true reporting instincts come out during her hunt for Chloe's killer.
I think that is what is expected. Chloe, being a WB invention, is expendable.

Lois does remind me more of the Margot Kidder / Noel Nell type Lois. A little light in the brains department and stumbles over trouble.

Chloe reminds me more of the comic book / Phyllis Coates type Lois. Strong willed, smart as whip and dives head first into trouble.

The Lois dies and Chloe takes her place, although less likely, is far more intriguing.
Old 04-28-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Lois dies and Chloe takes her place, although less likely, is far more intriguing.
I like your idea but this is Smallville after all, the show that killed off Pa Kent instead of Lana.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.