Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

NCIS (CBS) --- Series Discussion Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-24-03, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

anyone watch it?
was pretty good
the bush impersonator did a decent job
Old 09-24-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed this show. Forgot to set the VCR.
Old 09-24-03, 06:13 AM

Well, it was okay. I was dissapointed though. The writers took the time to get the name of Wichita's airport correct but they screwed up with the county! Its not Wichita county, its Sedgwick county. Also, I doubt Air Force One would land at the airport, it would land at McConnell Air Force Base here in Wichita.

Of course, only those viewers in Wichita would care about these details. Bush impersonator was good. I wonder if he will show up in JAG once and a while?
Old 09-24-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
I think I've seen a bush impersonator in a very short clip on JAG. I know they did clinton once or twice
Old 09-24-03, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought it was just some footage of Bush that just looked right for the scene. In JAG, didn't they take real Clinton footage and use effects to stick Harm into the footage instead of the real guy getting a medal?

BTW: I liked NCIS enough to add it to my normal show watch list.

Last edited by resinrats; 09-24-03 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-24-03, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think JAG has done both edited real footage and an impersonator

Mark Harmon is definitely the "Harm" character of the spin off, already showing the hot head side
Old 09-24-03, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What might be cool since both shows are in Washington is a couple of crossover episodes. Or one where both shows work on the same case. Each show could be viewed by itself but seeing them both will give more story.

Example: Crime happens NCIS goes and does all the crime work. They find the evidence to point to the criminal (end of show)
In JAG, it shows the same crime happen. JAG recieves the evidence and then prosecutes the guy. JAG characters often mentions the crime lab results but never show the lab itself.
Old 09-24-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally posted by resinrats
What might be cool since both shows are in Washington is a couple of crossover episodes. Or one where both shows work on the same case. Each show could be viewed by itself but seeing them both will give more story.

Example: Crime happens NCIS goes and does all the crime work. They find the evidence to point to the criminal (end of show)
In JAG, it shows the same crime happen. JAG recieves the evidence and then prosecutes the guy. JAG characters often mentions the crime lab results but never show the lab itself.

I'm sure that they'll do this at least once this season. As a matter of fact, had the short-lived show First Monday been picked up by CBS last season after its 13 episode run in 2001, there was a planned crossover btwn that show and JAG, since it is produced by the same company. Also, the Dean Stockwell character (the SECNAV) originally was shown as a Senator on First Monday.

I didn't really like this show when it was essentially shown on JAG last year. I might give it shot when 8 Simple Rules goes on hiatus.
Old 09-24-03, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As much as I like all the other CIS-type shoes, I really didn't care for Navy NCIS all that much. Maybe I'm just getting tired of all the clones, but I felt it was just like a poor-mans version of the real thing (CSI).
Old 09-24-03, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by I.Like.It
Of course, only those viewers in Wichita would care about these details. Bush impersonator was good. I wonder if he will show up in JAG once and a while?
This Bush impersonator has been on The Tonight Show at least a dozen times. But, not much lately.
Old 09-28-03, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I finally got around to watching this pilot, and thought the hour flew by, which is a good sign. I liked the characters from the get-go and it looks very promising.
Old 09-30-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Finally got around to this last night, and I found it to be laughably average. I was honestly laughing out loud at some of the stuff. The characters, while straight from "how to write a weekly TV series" were likeable enough. I like Harmon, and I really like Alexander, but it was too silly. Most of all, I didn't like how at some times Todd was a great Secret Service agent, but when they needed to promote Gibbs's character they turned her into an idiot; that's just poor writing. Also, I couldn't take the assassination plot seriously at all; hell, even the characters joked around about it. See, in Air Force One ... Everyone seems way too flippant about the security of the President, and the term "security" seems a little bit too much too, since it seemed like anyone could get on that plane. And how many times did they point out that they were NCIS like it was our country's most badass organization? Often, I think they were just slipping it in as other words:

"We want this investigation.."
"NCIS has it. And if NCIS is on it, then NCIS is in charge."
"Well NCIS the NCIS. If NCIS NCIS NCIS, then ... I just NCIS"
"NCIS."
"Agreed. NCIS."

This show is just too formulaic for me. It's just an average TV drama, the kind of thing you'd expect from CBS. It didn't have a particularly good flow or a compelling story; it just sort of "was." We've seen this show countless times already. We really don't need another one.

das
Old 09-30-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by das Monkey
And how many times did they point out that they were NCIS like it was our country's most badass organization? Often, I think they were just slipping it in as other words:

"We want this investigation.."
"NCIS has it. And if NCIS is on it, then NCIS is in charge."
"Well NCIS the NCIS. If NCIS NCIS NCIS, then ... I just NCIS"
"NCIS."
"Agreed. NCIS."

So true. One thing that you can say about CSI is that they never seem to be more than the guys and gals in the background. At least in this first episode, I was expecting everyone to get together and make sweet, sweet love to NCIS and its position as the single greatest and most important entity to serve mankind ever. I'm wondering if it's to keep everyone from thinking "Couldn't the FBI/Secret Service/CIA just take care of that?" If so, that's too bad. It didn't keep me from thinking that at all.
Old 10-05-03, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

NCIS 9/30/03

Forgive the tardiness of this thread, but I finally got aroud to watching it.

Overall, I'm digging this show. Gotta love a lead character with the first name of "Jethro" (Gibbs). I'll pretty much watch any show with Sasha Alexander on it. Michael Weatherly's Tony is pretty funny given Gibbs is mainly the straight man in their exchanges. The forensics chick, Abby, is interesting and upbeat about her work, and Ducky is a hoot. It's a solid cast.

The case for this episode was mainly a way to introduce the main characters and their backgrounds to the new kid on the block (Sasha's character), while they investigate when a marine's parachute didn't open and he fell from the sky and landed in a SUV to his death.
Old 10-05-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

and we got a JAG cameo too
Old 10-06-03, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I kept thinking more of the "Summer School" reunion in that scene where Gibbs tries to shake down the lawyer guy from JAG.
Old 10-13-03, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ncis 10/7/03

I enjoy the interplay between the principal characters on this show, they all have a good riff going with each other. So I'll continue to watch due to the chemistry of the cast for now.

Now this episode's ending was pretty far-fetched, and I hope this is not the direction the show will go on a weekly basis (averting terrorism every week in some manner, since, well, we have Threat Matrix for that topic...)
Old 10-20-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ncis 10/14/03

Only so many hours in a week, but watched this episode over the weekend.

The case itself finds NCIS on a ship to investigate a seaman found in dress garb with a sword and weighted down. The world of MMORP is spotlighted (in a cursory fashion) as the clues lead to some online hijinx emanating from the ship at sea on the military's dime.

Tony DiNozzo is fun to watch on this show, and this episode was no exception. He finds a way to make it to Puerto Rico on the company dime, and gets what he needs in the investigation. While being a good foil for both Caitlin and Gibbs, he makes these CSI-type of shows less drab, with a sense of adventure added to the mix.

That cases can happen all over the world, and a fun cast, I'm still liking this show.
Old 04-27-04, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ncis 4/27

awesome, he used the name Stringfellow, and took it from the first thing I thought of when he said it, Airwolf
Old 05-01-04, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This has been one of the most entertaining and interesting new shows this season. The chemistry of the cast is top-notch, and they always find a way to bag on one another in ways that always produce laughs from me.

Tony totally got rolled on this episode. Loved Kate's final question to him back at the office.
Old 05-01-04, 03:58 PM

This has become one of my top favorite shows on tv, right now I'm actually looking forward to it more than CSI.

I about died laughing when Tony found out the truth at the end, but it looks like the poor guy is gonna have a tough couple weeks, judging by next weeks preview.
Old 05-01-04, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can take it. No, wait, I can't.
Old 05-01-04, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I love this show. It is consistently good. It is very similiar to CSI, excep t there is actual character development, which CSI barely ever has. That is the main reason I haven't watched an episode of CSI in such a long time.

I am glad to hear its been picked up for another season already.
Old 05-02-04, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Sasha Alexander is great on this show - and her chemistry w/ Michael Weatherly is pretty damn good. Hell, this entire cast is good This show is definitely a pleasant surprise.
Old 05-05-04, 10:20 AM

Navy NCIS 5/4

Another enjoyable episode last night. Definately wasn't the ending I was expecting, although most of the ones I've seen, you know through most of the episode that the direction they're trying to point you is not how it's really going to end.

Gibbs was sure cranky, though.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.