Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Great Fun 20$ refund check for Deep Discount Dvd Questions

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-06, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry for starting another Great Fun thread. I found this forum through a previous Great Fun thread, from a google search. My problem wasn't addressed there so I signed up, but I couldn't find the previous threads through the search function.

I placed an order on DDD and saw the Great Fun offer and decided to go through with it. I read up on GF so I knew what to expect and what to do. I sent all the info they needed, and just cancelled my trial yesterday. I have been waiting for my refund check for a while. Today I received a refund check from DDD for 2.50 and when I cash the check I'll be signed up to try PC Safety Plus. Is this the refund check that I'm supposed to get or is it supposed to be from GF and the DDD one is just an extra gimmick?

I don't know if I need to call someone because the amount is wrong, or that I'm actually going to get a check from Great Fun a bit later?
Old 04-25-06, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Herron
I'm sorry for starting another Great Fun thread. I found this forum through a previous Great Fun thread, from a google search. My problem wasn't addressed there so I signed up, but I couldn't find the previous threads through the search function.

I placed an order on DDD and saw the Great Fun offer and decided to go through with it. I read up on GF so I knew what to expect and what to do. I sent all the info they needed, and just cancelled my trial yesterday. I have been waiting for my refund check for a while. Today I received a refund check from DDD for 2.50 and when I cash the check I'll be signed up to try PC Safety Plus. Is this the refund check that I'm supposed to get or is it supposed to be from GF and the DDD one is just an extra gimmick?

I don't know if I need to call someone because the amount is wrong, or that I'm actually going to get a check from Great Fun a bit later?
That is not what you are waiting for, that is something where you get $2.50 for signing up with that offer.
Old 04-25-06, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi
i too recently joined the great fun promo what i don't understand is that can I use any bill from DDD recent like in the past month or so to send in for the 20.00 or do i have to wait for the one i checked out with to sign up for Great Fun ? and if the bill is less than the 20.00 does it matter or will i get the full 20.00 check to cash ?
thanks for any help
Disneydvdfan
Old 04-25-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If it is less than 20 you will only get theat ammount.
Old 04-25-06, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the quick reply!

I didn't think it was the right check, so I'll just throw it away and wait for the 20 dollar one to show up.
Old 04-25-06, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi thanks for the quick reply ... the order i placed was for 11.97 and I signed up for the Great fun so i guess I just get the 11.97 right. anyway I have to wait for the bill to come in with the order or can I just print out the receipt from the order status page and send it in... then I can cancel the account and just wait for the rebate ?
Old 04-27-06, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
Hi thanks for the quick reply ... the order i placed was for 11.97 and I signed up for the Great fun so i guess I just get the 11.97 right. anyway I have to wait for the bill to come in with the order or can I just print out the receipt from the order status page and send it in... then I can cancel the account and just wait for the rebate ?
I just took advantage of the Great Fun offer with DDD last month. I waited for my DVDs to come in and sent the packing slip/invoice that came with my order. I sent this in just before the end of my free trial and then called and canceled like a day or two after I sent in for the rebate. You should definitely cancel the account before you receive the rebate check unless you wish to keep the service beyond the free trial.

I also have a question related to GF. I believe that I read in a thread on here somewhere that people have participated in the GF offer multiple times. Is this possible and how long do I need to wait between free trials?
Old 04-27-06, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by brooke789
I just took advantage of the Great Fun offer with DDD last month. I waited for my DVDs to come in and sent the packing slip/invoice that came with my order. I sent this in just before the end of my free trial and then called and canceled like a day or two after I sent in for the rebate. You should definitely cancel the account before you receive the rebate check unless you wish to keep the service beyond the free trial.

I also have a question related to GF. I believe that I read in a thread on here somewhere that people have participated in the GF offer multiple times. Is this possible and how long do I need to wait between free trials?
thanks
I believe I read that someone who joined and rejoined waited every 30 days ...
well I am awaiting my dvd to send in the invoice and get the funds and of course Cancel right after...
Old 04-29-06, 12:12 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When your trial membership is about to expire, you call them to cancel but they will counter offer you another rebate check (like $20 check for a restaurant dinner) and/or an extension of the trial for another 30 days. The trick is to keep saying no until they offer your both a new rebate and an extension.

This is handy if you want to place another order of >$20 with DDD so that you get your full $20 rebate check, or simply waiting for your backordered order to ship so that you can send in your receipt
Old 05-10-06, 02:29 PM

How long does the trial period last? I signed up for it last week, but I can't remember when I'm going to have to cancel so that I don't get billed. Can someone direct me to a page that outlines the details of the trial? I remember reading it, but I can't remember where it is. thanks
Old 05-13-06, 10:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by eau
When your trial membership is about to expire, you call them to cancel but they will counter offer you another rebate check (like $20 check for a restaurant dinner) and/or an extension of the trial for another 30 days. The trick is to keep saying no until they offer your both a new rebate and an extension.

This is handy if you want to place another order of >$20 with DDD so that you get your full $20 rebate check, or simply waiting for your backordered order to ship so that you can send in your receipt
I work for Affinion which owns GF, as tech support. Trial periods run 30-60 days depending on the deal you make with member sales; online its 30 days for a buck, then an annual fee of $120. If you want to quit expect a lot of begging and hard bargaining from member sales, so come up with a bullet proof alibi like I lost my job and cant pay anymore or Im leaving the country etc...