The "Official" God Of War 2 Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-06, 10:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "Official" God Of War 2 Thread!!

URL here for newest video

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamesp...&mode=previews

I cant beleive how amazing it looks and how much they've done in such little time. The graphics look amazing, especially the shots of kratos riding the chain to the 4 horses (shown below).

What he is walking torwards is this (concept drawing below)

In short, im sure we're looking at one of the most incredible sequals in video gaming IMO. I cant wait for E3 to see more. Oh and if anyone has E3 tickets they want to share, im in the LA area! =))
Old 04-25-06, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't feel like registering to view the video, but I will be picking this up on release day unless its $50.
Old 04-25-06, 04:12 AM
Banned

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2567

new url's with no registering, and including new interviews!
Old 04-25-06, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went to the postmortem of God of War at GDC in March. Basically, the developers created an entirely script-based engine that allowed for tons of flexibility from the art and design team and let them just go to town.

They're using the same engine this go-around, so they just had to tack on a couple new features, and leave the rest of it to the art and design teams to script in levels and events.
Old 04-25-06, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I enjoyed the first one after picking it up for $20. Now I just have to decide whether I want to wait until it hits greatest hits, or splurge on the full price. I have been trying to limit my full price purchases.
Old 04-25-06, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Borrowed the first from a friend. I'm not big into the action-type game it is, but I really enjoyed the story and the setting. I'm definitely interested in GOW2 and am hoping for a nice 2-fer deal at release.
Old 04-25-06, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It took me a while to realize that these pics are actually of Kratos fighting ON TOP OF THOSE HUGE HORSES! Too cool! You can see the sea and the horses in the background.

Last edited by The Franchise; 04-25-06 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-25-06, 06:17 PM

IGN has the official trailer up. Check it out. It's OK. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the first one, but watching the trailer, it doesn't offer much but the same thing. I'm sure I'll end up buying it on the first day.
Old 04-25-06, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I can't wait for this... the first one quickly became one of my favorite games of all time.
Old 04-25-06, 11:15 PM
Banned

My biggest dissipointment on this game is that it is a Playstation 2 exclusive. The graphics look amazing on a Playstation 2 level. Like the first game I have no doubt this game will use every bit the Playstation 2 can possibly offer however with the Playstation 3 already out for three months by then I have to wonder why they avoided the chance to make this a killer Playstation 3 launch title. The graphics look pathetic in comparison to Lair or Metal Gear Solid 4. Bad descign in my opinion. Oh well the gameplay will still rock and like the first game I have no doubt this game will offer fantastic gameplay and a great story to tie it together. I guess thats most important in the end.
Old 04-26-06, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My guess is that they didn't want to rewrite the game engine to the PS3's architecture. More importantly, the PS2 install base is way greater than the PS3 meaning they'll sell a lot more quickly under the PS2 banner. Since the PS3 is (supposedly) fully backward-compatible to the PS1, anyone with a PS3 could buy this as well and they wouldn't alienate their fans who either can't afford or don't want to jump on the new console so early.
Old 04-26-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have no complaints about this game not being made for PS3, it looks amazing and I can't wait to play it
Old 04-26-06, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That goatee is just retarded.

I've been meaning to get the first game since it went to GH but I haven't found a $20 copy without the ugly red labels all over it. Yeah, I'm being picky.. I guess since I'm doing with Kingdom Hearts I should try to pick this one up this weekend.
Old 04-26-06, 09:49 AM
Banned

They are using the engine from the first game, which is why its a PS2 title. They spend years developing it, so they might as well use it. Same thing with Tourist Trophy.
Old 04-26-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The first one was, by far, my favorite game for 2005. I will buy this when it comes out for sure. Thanks OP.
Old 04-26-06, 10:49 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy 345
My biggest dissipointment on this game is that it is a Playstation 2 exclusive.

Don't worry. I am sure we will see GoW3 on the PS3.
Old 04-26-06, 11:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Don't worry. I am sure we will see GoW3 on the PS3.
True but thats years away Id rather get the huge graphics improvement this time around. I am sure God of War 3 will look amazing. In the end though if the gameplay and story are as good as the first game I will still probably purchase it but it is far less of a must have because of it lack of next gen. God of War 1 was not only the best game of 2005 but one of the best games ever made. If you like hacking monsters to a bloody shit you can't not love that game.
Old 04-26-06, 04:19 PM
Banned

True but thats years away Id rather get the huge graphics improvement this time around. I am sure God of War 3 will look amazing. In the end though if the gameplay and story are as good as the first game I will still probably purchase it but it is far less of a must have because of it lack of next gen. God of War 1 was not only the best game of 2005 but one of the best games ever made. If you like hacking monsters to a bloody shit you can't not love that game.
You my friend have good taste! Bravo!

Im sure we're all looking forward to this title, even tho its sad its not a ps3 game. Im hoping this title will take be around the same time-wise to finish. I can sit down and finish GOW in 6 hours strait in one sitting, and its just an awesome experience everytime i do it. I dont like games that are too long...
Old 04-26-06, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

looks pretty cool! That first shot is amazing. God of Colossus! I remember one of the cool things in the first game was seeing Kronos carrying Pandora's temple on his back. I'm actually glad this is not a PS3 title, I'm not ready to invest that much money or buy a new system just to play it.
Old 04-26-06, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I will wait for the Greatest Hits even though I loved the first one. I just recently got God of War, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, and Devil may Cry 3 SE during Target's Buy 2 get 1 free greatest hits sale. Best $40 I ever spent. It's hard to spend $50 on a game when you can get that much quality gaming for such a small amount of money.
Old 04-26-06, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd liked the first game well enough, but did wait to buy it for under $30. I will do the same for the second game, as although I think it is a good series so far, I did not think it was the Game of the Year quality others did.

I am glad to see it go PS2 though. That takes balls on Sony's behalf to avoid making it a PS3 game. It's a nice stand on gameplay over pretty graphics.
Old 04-26-06, 09:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blitz6Speed
You my friend have good taste! Bravo!

Im sure we're all looking forward to this title, even tho its sad its not a ps3 game. Im hoping this title will take be around the same time-wise to finish. I can sit down and finish GOW in 6 hours strait in one sitting, and its just an awesome experience everytime i do it. I dont like games that are too long...
It takes me alot longer then 6 hours when playing in God mode. However I agree with people that it was alittle short. That was the games only flaw. However its fun enough to make it a must play again. Some of my favorite momments are pushing that guy up to be sacraficed and the second boss. Still on the Playstation 3 the visuals and enemy A.I can only be better. Which is why I believe Sony made the wrong choice.
Old 04-27-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It takes me alot longer then 6 hours when playing in God mode. However I agree with people that it was alittle short. That was the games only flaw. However its fun enough to make it a must play again. Some of my favorite momments are pushing that guy up to be sacraficed and the second boss. Still on the Playstation 3 the visuals and enemy A.I can only be better. Which is why I believe Sony made the wrong choice.
First of all, being on the PS3 will have zero affect on whether the AI is better or not. Secondly, you seem to be under the impression that they could have made God of War 2 for the PS3 in the same amount of time that this one is coming out. I'd rather them pop out a sequel using the existing engine to tide people over while they work on a next-gen title worthy of being a next-gen title instead of porting their PS2 engine to PS3 and cleaning it up for a rushed, mediocre launch title.
Old 04-27-06, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Beautiful game, but an 07 release? Thats a year away, this must be REAL early development. I like 1s length and am also one who thinks a shorter game is better than a long ass one. GOW is the best game Ive ever played and Ill be all over pt2

Im starting GOW in God mode in a few days too, cant wait!
Old 04-27-06, 11:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
First of all, being on the PS3 will have zero affect on whether the AI is better or not. Secondly, you seem to be under the impression that they could have made God of War 2 for the PS3 in the same amount of time that this one is coming out. I'd rather them pop out a sequel using the existing engine to tide people over while they work on a next-gen title worthy of being a next-gen title instead of porting their PS2 engine to PS3 and cleaning it up for a rushed, mediocre launch title.
Ever see real time demos for Metal Gear Solid 4 or Lair. Imagine if God of War 2 looked that good. Sure a quality Playstation 3 game may take more time but I am sure it would have been more then worth it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.