"Joan of Arcadia", "Dead Like Me" to reair in high-definition on HDNet

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-06, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
"Joan of Arcadia", "Dead Like Me" to reair in high-definition on HDNet

Courtesy of...hey, HDNet:

HDNET TO ADD “JOAN OF ARCADIA,” DEAD LIKE ME,” TO WEEKLY PROGRAMMING LINE-UP

Two critically acclaimed series to be aired in high-definition beginning May 1st

DALLAS, TX – HDNet announces the addition of the Emmy Award nominated “Joan of Arcadia,” and the dark comedy, “Dead Like Me,” to it’s weekly high-definition programming line-up.

In “Joan of Arcadia,” awkward teenager Joan Girardi finds herself speaking to God, in the form of various people who give her assignments to help those around her. Does Joan have a higher purpose on earth, or are these strange conversations just in her head?

“Joan of Arcadia” stars the Emmy Award nominated Amber Tamblyn as Joan, Joe Mantegna as her father Will, Mary Steenburgen as her mother, Helen and Jason Ritter as her brother Kevin.

In “Dead Like Me,” 18-year-old college dropout Georgia “George” Lass is on her lunch break when she is struck by a toilet seat dropped out of the MIR space station. She doesn’t realize she’s dead until she meets Rube Sofer (Mandy Patinkin), the leader of a team of grim reapers and is informed she can’t move to the next level until her earthly soul removal quota is filled.

She then returns to the Pacific Northwest, where along with her fellow reapers, Mason (Callum Blue), Roxy (Jasmine Guy) and Daisy (Laura Harris), she proceeds to help those who are about to die cross over into the afterlife.

“Joan of Arcadia” will air in back-to-back episodes every Monday on HDNet, beginning at 9:00 pm ET on May 1st.

“Dead Like Me” will air back-to-back, commercial-free episodes every Wednesday, beginning at 8:30 pm ET on May 3rd.
Old 04-24-06, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome. Dead Like Me is a fun show that was cancelled much too soon.
Old 04-25-06, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone who has not seen Dead Like Me should definitely check it out.
Old 04-25-06, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very cool. Thanks for the notice. I'll enjoy seeing these again in their HD glory.

das
Old 04-25-06, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
I wonder if DLM will air uncut? Since it was originally on Showtime, it had pretty frequent F-bombs. I can't think of any other program I've seen on HDNET that couldn't have been on network TV. HDNET movies is another story though......