Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Red Peony Gambler aka Hibotanbakuto ?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-06, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for this famous serie starring the Yakuza Eiga's queen and king, Junko Fuji (Jinsei gekijo : Hishakaku to Kiratsune,
The Geisha House), Ken Takakura (Fugitive from the past, Abashiri Prison, Poppoya) and, in a supporting role before
he became famous Tomisaburo Wakayama (Lone Wolf & Cub/Baby Cart, Priest Killer).
I know that Tohei released them in Japan, but unfortunately without subs (I couldn't find them) and I found an italian
release of the third part but with italian subs only.

Synopsis of the first part:

The body of a yakuza boss is found by his family near blood-splattered white peonies (the "red peonies" in the film).
The only clue his family has to the identity of the killer is a wallet left behind by the killer. The daughter of that yakuza boss,
Ryuko Yano (Junko Fuji), decides to devote her life to tracking down the killer of her father. After getting the blood-splattered
white peonies tattooed on her right shoulder, she becomes known as Red Peony Oryu. With the wallet in tow,
she travels across Japan looking for the killer of her father.

One day she pays a visit to a local gambling den and ends up exposing a cheating yakuza. The actions of the cheat
bring dishonor to the yakuza clan running the gambling den and yakuza film fans can probably guess what the cheat
is forced to do. Later that night, she is attacked by a gang of thugs led by the cheat who is now seeking revenge for
what happened early in the day. During this brawl, a loner, Naoji Katagiri (Ken Takakura), comes to her aid and helps
her dispose of the thugs.

After the thugs take off, she accidentally drops the wallet on the ground and Naoji takes more than a passing glance at it.
Ryuko then asks him if he knows who the wallet belongs to. Naoji denies any knowledge but as he leaves, he quickly
snatches the wallet from Ryuko. When she runs into him again a few days later, she confronts him about his theft
and he admits that the wallet is his. But was Naoji really the killer of her father?

Junko Fuji:

Ken Takakura:

Tomisaburo Wakayama:

-
Old 04-23-06, 04:57 AM

ive sent you a message, cant publicly reveal where you may get them, but can in private. anyway, theyre out there.
Old 04-23-06, 01:20 PM

Thanks a lot, Logboy.
Old 04-23-06, 01:28 PM

pleasure...