Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : WWE Announcer Josh Matthews Shot Dead... (Humor)

Bell65
04-14-06, 01:51 PM
in the latest, and final, tim white/josh matthews suicide vinette series, josh matthews is finally laid to rest...

while i wasnt a big fan of the videos (not because i found them offensive...i just didnt think they were too funny) this last video is pretty hilarious, with 2 different montages...one of which is a celebratin of life montage with tim white and josh matthews getting durnk in white's bar...

in the end, matthews is killed, and Tim White finally speaks!\

go to wwe.com to see the action on the main page!

dadaluholla
04-14-06, 02:03 PM
I had no idea this was still going on and actually I have yet to see any of the skits. I'll just wait for the dvd at this point.
:sarcasm:

NORML54601
04-14-06, 02:06 PM
Buried next to Paul Bearer no doubt.

brainee
04-14-06, 02:17 PM
Maybe I'm sick ... but I found parts of that to be pretty funny. But whatever happened to this (quote from McMahon a few years ago)?:

"We're total entertainment, we make no bones about that," he said.
"We're wild, we're over the top, that's part of the charm. I don't
have a problem with people who suggest it's not their cup of tea.

"Degrading the culture? We just have a good time. We use folding metal
chairs and, yeah, they hurt. But there's no rape, no robbery, no guns
or knives, no murder. There's more violence every night on network TV
than there is in wrestling."

PixyJunket
04-14-06, 02:18 PM
Subject needs to be changed to indicate that this is a skit. Fast.

sjrab16
04-14-06, 02:32 PM
I think the Original Poster intended to mislead people, so they would come and read the post.

WallyOPD
04-14-06, 02:46 PM
I agree that the title should be changed, I don't care about wrestling skits but thought this was an actual news item.

Qui Gon Jim
04-14-06, 04:34 PM
Subject needs to be changed to indicate that this is a skit. Fast.

No shit. This is not cool at all.

dancinns
04-14-06, 05:30 PM
ditto

movieking
04-14-06, 05:41 PM
I haven't been following WWE for a while, and thought that this would legit as well. Not cool :down:

DarkElf
04-14-06, 07:42 PM
WWE Announcer Josh Matthews Shot Dead

:eek:

Shit, now I have to moderate this forum by myself.

The Cow
04-14-06, 08:08 PM
WWE Announcer Josh Matthews Shot Dead

:eek:

Shit, now I have to moderate this forum by myself.
How is Dead's demise humorous (thread title change)? -ohbfrank-

:rip: Dead :beer:

Bushdog
04-14-06, 09:11 PM
I pressed the alert mods button, and I don't care about this shit. I hope some of you guys who do care also dropped them a line to change the title.

Charlie Goose
04-14-06, 11:44 PM
I'm glad it was changed before I happened in here. Uncool.

I also would like to meet the person who wrote these suicide sketches and ask him or her what the thought process was in determining that people had to see this crap.

Bell65
04-16-06, 02:10 AM
I'm glad it was changed before I happened in here. Uncool.

I also would like to meet the person who wrote these suicide sketches and ask him or her what the thought process was in determining that people had to see this crap.

Honestly...Im willing to bet this is the reasoning behind what went on:

With all the sketches being so lame and having nothing to do with anything, im going to venture that wwe.com was told to come up with something that had nothing to do with stuff on air, etc...and see if you are able to make fans watch it just through word of mouth, site hits, etc...

then wwe might use this information as a way to gage future original or promtional type internet ventures (i.e. this sketch that was funny, lame, vile, etc...drew this many people to click on the videos, now it may or may not be worth it to say put unknown wrastlers vinettes online, or stuff from heat, etc...)

As for the title post...any wrestling fan or person who's been reading the news or the forum is well aware of the online sketches, etc...and if fooled to think this is a real news item may need to get a review in wrastlin' headlines: Hawk commits suicide off of titan tron...paul bearer killed...ric flair suffers in ring heart attack, etc...its not like I had a R.I.P. thing with a date by his name, lol!

Qui Gon Jim
04-16-06, 09:54 AM
As for the title post...any wrestling fan or person who's been reading the news or the forum is well aware of the online sketches, etc...and if fooled to think this is a real news item may need to get a review in wrastlin' headlines: Hawk commits suicide off of titan tron...paul bearer killed...ric flair suffers in ring heart attack, etc...its not like I had a R.I.P. thing with a date by his name, lol!

That's crap. I am well aware of the Tim White angle, and if the title had said "Josh Mattheews Shot By Tim White" then maybe it would have been a humorous title. I stand by what I said: the original titleing of this thread was meant to make people think that Matthews was actually shot and killed, and that's not cool.

movieking
04-16-06, 10:48 AM
Agreed. Since it appears that it was posted with the intention to mislead people, I think that a suspension would be in order. Just my two cents.

ILikeDVD
04-16-06, 12:26 PM
Who is this TIme WHite fella anyways ?

NotThatGuy
04-16-06, 01:17 PM
I am so far out of the loop; last I heard was that Hogan went bad.

-p

ViewAskewbian
04-16-06, 09:14 PM
I am so far out of the loop; last I heard was that Hogan went bad.

-p

What? When did this happen?

Rypro 525
04-16-06, 10:07 PM
Who is this TIme WHite fella anyways ?
from an older thread
this all apparently happened at the armageddon ppv.
Via Satellite: Josh Matthews is at a bar owned by former WWE referee Tim White. They show footage where White was injured in a Hell in a Cell match in 2002 and explain that White had to retire as a result. Josh is trying to ask questions about the intensity of the cell but White is drinking heavily and pretty much ignoring him. When White speaks, he says that he lost his job and his wife and his friends as a result of Hell in a Cell. He says he lost his health too, and it's not just the shoulder injury. He says he's got "nothing to live for." Josh tries to wrap it up by wishing him a Merry Christmas but instead White gets up and grabs a shotgun from under the bar and walks off screen with it. Josh just stands there and the cameraman just stays focused on Josh. A shot rings out. So I guess Tim White is dead. Why do I care again? Oh that's right, I don't. They did video clips all night long trying to convey the brutality of Hell in a Cell, but all this did was convey the stupidness of the Hollywood writer monkeys.

edytwinky
04-17-06, 01:18 AM
Thread still shocked me originally. Then I saw the .....humor part.

Still not cool.

Bell65
04-17-06, 07:39 PM
wow, ok, i figured these vinettes were big enough to the average wrastlin fan that a title would of obviously been taking as humor...

so the next time i see a headline like "Stone Cold hold vince mcmahon hostage at gunpoint" or "Kane gives Lita a miscarraige" as previews or summaries for Raw shows, Im gonna call you on it!

honestly people!

Rypro 525
04-17-06, 10:57 PM
wow, ok, i figured these vinettes were big enough to the average wrastlin fan that a title would of obviously been taking as humor...

honestly people!
didn't he actually do that to Michaels in 96 or 97, as raw "went off the air"

devilshalo
04-18-06, 01:15 PM
didn't he actually do that to Michaels in 96 or 97, as raw "went off the air"
I thought it was Austin when he went over to Pillman's house?

dadaluholla
04-18-06, 02:12 PM
Yeah I loved when Austin went to Brian Pillman's house. Austin busts open the door and Brian's got the gun ready. Awesome. Is that skit on any dvd? One of Austin's maybe?