Search this Thread

Old 04-13-06, 06:02 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
CSI "Poppin' Tags" - 4-13-06

"Poppin' Tags"
Spoiler:
Grissom and his team investigate the killing of three teens caught up in a rap music rivalry.

Cast: William Petersen, Marg Helgenberger, Gary Dourdan, George Eads, Jorja Fox, Paul Guilfoyle, Eric Szmanda, Robert David Hall, David Berman, Louise Lombard, Wallace Langham, Gerald McCullouch, Larry Mitchell, Geoffrey Rivas, Vincent Duvall, Rick Gonzalez, Antwon Tanner, Jeris Lee Poindexter, Michael B. Jordan , Steve Rankin.
Director(s): Bryan Spicer.
Producer(s): Jerry Bruckheimer, Carol Mendelsohn, Ann Donahue, Anthony Zuiker, William Petersen.
Writer(s): Dustin Lee Abraham.

Original Airdate: April 13, 2006.

I've seen the preview for this and it looks like it could be a great episode.
Old 04-14-06, 12:29 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Ha I loved it a great fun episode.
Old 04-14-06, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two Grissom burns in the intro alone. That was worth the price of admission alone.
Old 04-14-06, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
not a bad episode overall... but grissom could have definitely picked a better smile for one of those pictures. they were creepy.

travis barker and his wife are HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIBLE actors.
Old 04-14-06, 11:14 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

lol his photoshop skills left something to be desired, and why did he bother photoshopping in eyes and a smile? and not then remove the autopsy look?
Old 04-14-06, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What I saw of this was pretty good. My dumbass CBS affilliate cut off CSI for 15 minutes 830-845 to warn me about a storm 50 miles away.

Last edited by NORML54601; 04-14-06 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-14-06, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
not a bad episode overall... but grissom could have definitely picked a better smile for one of those pictures. they were creepy.

travis barker and his wife are HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIBLE actors.
which one was his wife?
Old 04-14-06, 09:39 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alfredog1976
which one was his wife?
I'm guessing it was Hi-Def's blonde assistant.
Old 04-15-06, 11:21 AM

I'm OK when CSI leaves some holes, especially for the motive as not everything in life can be explained... but I think there were a couple glaring ones in this episode.
Spoiler:
Morris, the killer, said that Jeremiah his brother, whose name came up as the purchaser of the low rider kit, stole the gun from dumb SWAT officer. How did this happen? I realize there are some dumb people out there, and that they can be randomly distributed throughout most jobs, but a SWAT officer who happens to lose his gun? Did he just set it down during the raid, allow someone to take it and not chase after him. I assume that if Jeremiah was in the house that was raided, he would have been detained, and even if he was allowed to leave wouldn't they have noticed him packing a automatic rifle?

Spoiler:
The second was Dollar's kidnapping. OK, so he was kidnapped on day 1 when he was forced to make the video. The next night (maybe even a day later) Hi-Def's crew went out to tack the posters from the video his manager received and were shot. After not being able to ID the kids, Curtis questions Hi-Def's manager and asks why she had not reported the kids missing after 3 days- she says something like they come and go. At the same event, Stokes talks to Dollar's manager, Method Man, and he mentions nothing about the kidnapping. Later that day they search Dollar's car and find him. Did I miss something? That's 4 days this guys been gone and no one said anything, and his manager didn't know?

I watched it @ 1 am last night (and accidentally deleted it) so I may have missed something, but I don't recall either of these things being addressed. If I did, please post. It seems very sloppy for a CSI ep.
Old 04-15-06, 03:13 PM

yeah, barker's wife was hi-def's assistant. former playboy model i believe. at least she was a little better than barker.
Old 04-15-06, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
yeah, barker's wife was hi-def's assistant. former playboy model i believe. at least she was a little better than barker.

And the sad thing is she is an "actress". She has been in a couple of horrible syndicated series, one was a Baywatch knockoff.
Old 04-15-06, 07:18 PM

good episode, fun
Old 04-15-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by i86time
I'm OK when CSI leaves some holes, especially for the motive as not everything in life can be explained... but I think there were a couple glaring ones in this episode.
Spoiler:
Morris, the killer, said that Jeremiah his brother, whose name came up as the purchaser of the low rider kit, stole the gun from dumb SWAT officer. How did this happen? I realize there are some dumb people out there, and that they can be randomly distributed throughout most jobs, but a SWAT officer who happens to lose his gun? Did he just set it down during the raid, allow someone to take it and not chase after him. I assume that if Jeremiah was in the house that was raided, he would have been detained, and even if he was allowed to leave wouldn't they have noticed him packing a automatic rifle?
It's happened more than once in the past in real life
local swat teams as well as the FBI have had guns stolen from personal vehicles in driveways and hotel parking lots
Old 04-16-06, 12:16 PM

Wow, Shana Moakler put on some baby weight.
Old 04-16-06, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One of the reasons why I hate the WB is that they're always bending over for the RIAA and plugging some junk band in the show followed by CD commercials for said band. Now CSI is doing it. I hope it doesn't continue, I don't want to scrap this show from my watch list.
Old 04-16-06, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt
It's happened more than once in the past in real life
local swat teams as well as the FBI have had guns stolen from personal vehicles in driveways and hotel parking lots
This happens often in our department. We send a weekly list to the local gun shops and ranges in case anyone attempts to sell our weapons. Most are stolen out of car trunks or personal residence.
Old 04-16-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That's interesting - there was a news story just last week about how Toronto Police Stations have erected fences around each one - to protect officer's personal (non-police) cars as well as when they are off-duty...in case anyone decides to harass them as they leave the station. Seems like this stolen weapon issue is also a valid, if not publicized reason.
Old 04-16-06, 09:49 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts
Zero (from Holes) showed up a few weeks ago in the Teachers pilot ep as a wayward english student... three weeks later he's giving the Vegas CSIs grief (as the kid riding shotgun in the lower rider).

Movin' on up!

... fwiw, I didn't really like this episode... or Nick's hair style.
Old 04-16-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I guess Dollar is 2x the rapper as 50 Cent?
Old 04-17-06, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I guess the Canadian equivilent would be Loonie. Somehow I don't think that name would fare as well...
Old 04-17-06, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
I guess the Canadian equivilent would be Loonie. Somehow I don't think that name would fare as well...
So Toonie would be a real badass mofo
Old 04-17-06, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
What does "poppin tags" mean, anyway? I don't recall it being explained in the episode.

Yes, I'm that old.
Old 04-17-06, 11:10 PM

It means you have tags, and you're poppin' 'em.

I just assumed it meant you had so many new clothes you wore something new everyday, and you're constantly poppin' tags.
Old 04-18-06, 08:55 AM

well, tagging is also a reference to graffiti. maybe it was in reference to the posters being put up?
Old 04-19-06, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts
No, Dollar said something like "you'll be poppin' tags" when he was offering to buy Brass and Nick new suits, so it's definitely something to do with the clothes.

I thought this was a good episode - had a pretty high humor quotient. But alas, not enough Marg - she wasn't in the last episode much either. More Marg!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.