Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Queer As Folk; release date bumped up again?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-06, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What IS the problem with Showtime changing this date again? First it was Jan. 10, then May 9, now it's June 27? I've already been getting pre-order offers from some stores, so far none of them have mentioned this little glitch. Most just say May 9. Amazon now has June 27 though. This totally sucks. Is this really such a challenge to a network that can't pump out it's other crap shows fast enough. But they STILL haven't managed to get seasons 2-5 of Soul Food out (a high quality show for sure). It's amazing that garbage like Miami Vice, Full House, Dukes of Hazzard, Living Single etc. get released, but something actually decent NEVER gets released. Who actually BUYS this sh*t?
Old 04-13-06, 01:29 PM
Banned

Mod note: removed

Last edited by nemein; 04-13-06 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-13-06, 01:43 PM

well at least...

...I don't actually HEAR my brain shrivelling up as I watch QAF. Those lame low budget sitcoms and junky sci fi shows actually seem to kill brain cells just by passing by them with the remote. I guess this country likes it's shows dumb, uninspired, non-controversial and cheap looking. I agree to a point that QAF started spinning down the crapper around season 3. The preachy, heavily message-laden, politically correct direction it went it was off-putting, as well as the bad writing and bad guest actors. The "all straight people" are evil monsters message was there from the start, but I still liked the show, flaws and all. I want all the seasons complete either way.
Old 04-13-06, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BrassyL
It's amazing that garbage like Miami Vice, Full House, Dukes of Hazzard, Living Single etc. get released, but something actually decent NEVER gets released. Who actually BUYS this sh*t?
Back that up there a minute, sonny.

"Miami Vice" = shit?

There are days when I want to take these youngun's across my knee and just wail away the hours.

On topic: I dreaded QAF for the newspaper headline stories, but curiously found myself attached to the characters nevertheless. Plus I had the serious hots for Ms. Novotny's cop boyfriend. He was a dead-ringer for the married man I fell hard for as a wee l'il bear all those years ago.
Old 04-13-06, 02:03 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
and why are you calling "Full House" shit too - Dave Coulier was/is HOT in my book
Old 04-13-06, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giles
and why are you calling "Full House" shit too - Dave Coulier was/is HOT in my book
Is your real name "Alanis?"

Old 04-13-06, 02:16 PM

Since when...

...does a hot actor in a shitty show make the show any less shitty? I can't imagine reducing myself to watching a show based on nothing more than an actor's percieved hotness. Those hideous little monkey-faced kids and their forced (gaack) cuteness makes it all the more repulsive. When a GOOD show (plus without a laugh track) is stocked with male hotness then, yea, it's worth the time spent watching it.
Old 04-13-06, 02:24 PM

...does a hot actor in a shitty show make the show any less shitty? I can't imagine reducing myself to watching a show based on nothing more than an actor's percieved hotness. Those hideous little monkey-faced kids and their forced (gaack) cuteness makes it all the more repulsive. When a GOOD show (plus without a laugh track) is stocked with male hotness then, yea, it's worth the time spent watching it.
oh give me a break - to each his own. I did like the show - so shoot me... jeesh, guess I'm not gay enough...
Old 04-13-06, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by grunter
Is your real name "Alanis?"

huh, I don't get it???
Old 04-13-06, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giles
huh, I don't get it???
The unsubstantiated rumor is that Alanis Morrisette's "You Oughta Know" screed was actually about Dave Coulier.

snopes.com could probably prove that wrong though . . .
Old 04-13-06, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...does a hot actor in a shitty show make the show any less shitty?
Yes. Yes, it does.
Old 04-13-06, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by grunter
Yes. Yes, it does.
Old 04-13-06, 08:08 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Sorry...but IMHO, QAF turned into shit after season 1.

Guys, threadcrapping is against forum rules. If you aren't interested in the show, then please do not post in the thread.
Old 04-13-06, 09:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dead
Guys, threadcrapping is against forum rules. If you aren't interested in the show, then please do not post in the thread.
Uhh...the original poster decided to threadcrap on other shows in trying to prove a point.
Old 04-14-06, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

To get us back on track, has anyone heard anything about price discounts for seasons 3 & 4? I thought It was going to happen every three months (like the gap between the price deduction on seasons 1 & 2), but its been almost 5 months and nothing... Thanks!
Old 04-18-06, 12:29 PM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
I thought season 5 was awesome and I can't wait to pick it up. I thought May was what the Showtime website had said. I'll go poke around and see if I can find it.
Old 04-24-06, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is REALLY confusing. . .Amazon had changed the release date recently to June 27. Today it's changed again to May 30. The earlier the better, but what's going on??!?!?!?
Old 04-24-06, 07:46 PM

Season 5 is getting really weird... as are the discounted first & second seasons? Where the discounts just to get more people hooked in the series, or are the rest of the seasons eventually going to be discounted as well?
Old 04-25-06, 09:54 AM

I'm really looking forward to Season 5, fingers crossed that it hasn't been pushed back again. Are there any other straight guys on this forum who watch this show?
Old 04-25-06, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rkndkn
This is REALLY confusing. . .Amazon had changed the release date recently to June 27. Today it's changed again to May 30. The earlier the better, but what's going on??!?!?!?
I just checked my Best Buy pre-order. It was originally bumped to September when the notified me my order had changed. Now it says 5/30.

I was supposed to get a gift card with this office. I wonder if that still stands. Plus the actual title is not found on their site any more.
Old 04-25-06, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I just checked my Best Buy pre-order. It was originally bumped to September when the notified me my order had changed. Now it says 5/30.

I was supposed to get a gift card with this office. I wonder if that still stands. Plus the actual title is not found on their site any more.
It's back. . .with the 5/30 date:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1523637
Old 04-27-06, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rkndkn
Thanks for finding that.
The $20 online giftcard bonus is also still active there.
Old 04-28-06, 12:25 PM

QAF season 5 final date are ya sure?

So, is this the absolute final date they've come up with? I've never seen such confusing data for release dates as this particular show. Well if this is for real it sure beats June 27! As to whoever asked if he was the only straight guy to watch this show, I bet there are plenty, they just don't have the guts to admit it. Being a straight female, doesn't bother me either way. Some guys are so so worried about enjoying something that might make em "look bad" to other so-called macho putzes, pathetic. A good show is a good show.