Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Will anyone here admit to watching Orange County Housewives?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-12-06, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

MILF alert!

They actually started talking about that this week.

I have now been sucked into this show and knew that one woman looked familiar. Turns out she was a Playboy playmate and I believe she was in the movie "Beach Girls" and some ZZ Top videos. Sadly she's plumped out a bit.

I won't devote too much more writing about this until I find out there is someone that actually watches this.

Here's a shot of the women:

http://www.bravotv.com/Real_Housewives/
Old 04-13-06, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Hadn't even heard about it, but I like that Jo girl.
Old 04-13-06, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I remember Jeana from her Playboy days (and ZZTop vid days).
Old 04-13-06, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 345 Posts
moo.
Old 04-13-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which Orange County?
Old 04-13-06, 10:12 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
I'll happily admit to everyone here that my wife watches it.
Old 04-13-06, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
That picture is full of fugly.
Old 04-13-06, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll admit to watching the first ten minutes of the first show and thinking that they were the whiniest bunch of self-absorbed bitches in the world.
Old 04-13-06, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And so are their kids. One 16 year old girl said "If my parents don't buy me this Lexus, it shows that they don't love me"...and she already had a car at that point...she just wasn't happy because her parents gave her a car that wasn't new. I feel so sorry for her. Really I do. Really.
Old 04-13-06, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,924 Likes on 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
And so are their kids. One 16 year old girl said "If my parents don't buy me this Lexus, it shows that they don't love me"...and she already had a car at that point...she just wasn't happy because her parents gave her a car that wasn't new. I feel so sorry for her. Really I do. Really.
So I guess you don't watch "My Super Sweet 16" on MTV then, huh? It's filled with this kind of kid.
Old 04-14-06, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

There was a thread about entitlement in Other and these people definitely feel entitled.

Some of the kids are pathetic. The 20 year old girl that moved back home cuz she found out it's hard having a job and paying for an apartment, car, clothes, etc. Then she decides she should get her own room even though her just-divorced mother had to move the family to a small apartment and there is no room for her.

Then her car gets repossesed because she was $1700 behind in payments. Her mother said move money over to checking and pay it. She tells her that savings now has $300.

I'm sure the parents are too blame for the children's slacking off-the kids just go with the easy way that they've been taught.

The one family did have the 16 year old that didn't want a used Lexus or whatever it was. So they got her a new car. I noticed her brother is driving an Audi A6.

Again the parents are too blame but I'm sure they don't want their friends to see the kids in a junker or average car. Gotta keep up appearances, etc.

It's rough having money-there's so much pressure!
Old 04-14-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
I live about 10 minutes from the area where this is filmed (Coto De Casa) and I would nuke the whole snobby place if I could.
Old 04-14-06, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've watched a few here and there with my wife (who loves ANY reality TV show no matter the concept or execution).

I grew up fairly well off with a physician father and a seemingly-endless stream of trophy-wife stepmothers, and even I can't relate at all to any of those people.
Old 04-14-06, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
I have to confess to watching this. It is a total guilty pleasure. Like many reality shows, there are certain aspects (or more specifically certain characters and situations) that I like far more than others. But I think Jo and Slade are pretty funny. But the entitlement of the kids is a little mind blowing at times.
Old 04-14-06, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Chrisedge
I live about 10 minutes from the area where this is filmed (Coto De Casa) and I would nuke the whole snobby place if I could.

What about "THE ESTATES"? I think that's the place a biz guy said was his home when Slade was at his office. He later went to the guy's house where the trophy wife is obsessed with sparkly things. She had some monster truck w/50K (or was it larger?) cubic zirconias on the rims.

Slade has his cliche line he kept using "Let's figure out a way to make you a lot of money" when he means give me some biz so I can make a lot of money.