Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Bought a tv stand at CC, 2 weeks later its onsale.....

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-12-06, 04:39 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought a Tv stand for $449 2 weeks ago. Now there website lists the item as on sale for $40 cheaper. Looking thru CC's add it says if you find a better price (even ours in 30 days) we will refund you 110% of the difference. Well, would it work if I took the receipt back up there and said hey look your website has this for 40 cheaper. Give me some money. Since I already put the stand together. Taking it back isn't an option because it was actually quite difficult putting it together. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-12-06, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No need to take the stand back, just go in with your receipt and have them look at the website (or go in with a printout).
Old 04-12-06, 06:19 PM
Suspended

Sounds like a positive. Thanks!
Old 04-12-06, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Do they pricematch their own website, though? I know best buy doesn't always do so, especially for "web specials."

The other, somewhat shady, option is to repurchase it at the lower price and return it with the old receipt. In this case, I don't see a moral problem with it since you're not trying to cheat the store, but it is a slippery slope.
Old 04-12-06, 06:59 PM
Suspended

Yea, I got a weird feeling they will come up with some kind of excuse. Its available for store pickup so you would think if you can pick up merchandise at the store that they would match their site. But, who knows. I'll try it and see what answer i get. May drink me a few beers before going that way I can be sure to get a little hateful if they don't want to do it.
Old 04-12-06, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts
They price-matched a digital camera I purchased in-store that dropped in price on their Web site a couple of weeks later. I brought along a printout of the Web page that showed the lower price, but I can't remember if they wanted or needed to look at it.
Old 04-13-06, 10:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
They will pricematch the web site

I just did this with the Mission: Impossible DVD set. The customer service gal was very friendly and seemed to know the policy without question. She told me that everything can be pricematched to the web site except items online that have a mail-in rebate but where the B&M store does not have the rebate. She explained what this meant, but I honestly wasn't following her explanation. Maybe someone here can expand on this.

The only thing I'm unsure of is whether they honor the 110% pricematch policy with their own web site. I don't think I received a 110% refund on my DVD, but I also wasn't going to worry over an extra 40 cents.
Old 04-13-06, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well? Did it work for ya??
Old 04-14-06, 10:58 AM
Suspended

Well Bill. I was all set to go today. However, It now says that this is web only. Which is confusing because you can get in store pickup. Hell, I might go down there and just tell them look here either give me this tv stand for that price or I will go home take the thing apart and bring it back, get my money, order it again, get in store pickup, probably a $24 gift certificate for not having it ready in 24 mins. (because they are slower than shit at my local CC). Alot of work for $40 bucks though. But, I'm pissed that I paid alot more just 2 weeks ago. Not to mention that I think I destroyed the box it came in. So, I might try it and I might not. I'll post back later today.
Old 04-14-06, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buy another one and then return the new one against the old receipt.
Old 04-14-06, 04:42 PM
Suspended

It worked! I went in and explained the situation. This chick called dude over and he said let me look. As long as its not a rebate situation then they could do it. He looked over it and said yea ok. They gave me $47.52. I also, pricematched emily rose(I bought it 2 weeks ago for 19.99) while I was in there. They were looking at me all funny and shit. Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 04-15-06, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good for you bro!
Old 04-18-06, 01:51 PM
Suspended

Wow. Just looked on there website and they now have it for 299! Hell, I don't know if its possible to pricematch something 2 different times but I'm gonna go check!