House - 04/11/06

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
House - 04/11/06

"All In" Episode #217.
Spoiler:
House tries to save the life of a young boy who has the same unique symptoms as an elderly patient who died from the illness.

Cast: Hugh Laurie, Lisa Edelstein, Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard, Jennifer Morrison, Jesse Spencer.
Producer(s): Paul Attanasio, Katie Jacobs, David Shore, Bryan Singer.

Original Airdate: April 11, 2006.

House
Old 04-11-06, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never watched this show before tonight, so I'm not up on all the character development and what makes House a crachety SOB, but for a medical show, it was pretty darn good. Really like the supporting cast too. I think I'll watch again.
Old 04-11-06, 10:32 PM

I really liked this episode!

And Magiccmom, I started watching it about 6 episodes or so ago, and at first I didn't like house and his SOB-ness, but I really enjoy him now, and his witty banter with co-workers.

I'm a bio major, going pre-med, so I really enjoy this and ER right now...just love the medical shows, although they are two VERY different shows. Both are very enjoyable though!
Old 04-11-06, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by magiccmom
Never watched this show before tonight, so I'm not up on all the character development and what makes House a crachety SOB, but for a medical show, it was pretty darn good. Really like the supporting cast too. I think I'll watch again.
God Complex
Constant agony from his bad leg - he's popping painkillers constantly
His woman left him when he became disabled
He's just a dick
Old 04-12-06, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
*your just mad because you didnt get any fuzz*

*studies show that barnacles have the biggest penis in the world*
Old 04-12-06, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
House is a prick. This episode was about average for House, which is to say - very good and fun to watch. Great series, and glad it's doing so well! (reports had it scoring upwards of 22m viewers lately.)
Old 04-12-06, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's episode, and I even lost my train of thought when House lays eyes on Cameron looking all gussied up in a flattering dress.
Old 04-12-06, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
House's cane must be magical. Out of curiosity, several years back, I wanted to see what a lock could go through before popping open. Sledgehammers, concrete blocks, swinging it on a piece of string to get more downforce onto the pavement: nothing broke it open.
Old 04-12-06, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by mndtrp
House's cane must be magical. Out of curiosity, several years back, I wanted to see what a lock could go through before popping open. Sledgehammers, concrete blocks, swinging it on a piece of string to get more downforce onto the pavement: nothing broke it open.
Depends on the lock...that one was tiny
Old 04-12-06, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
magiccmom

You've seen one you've seen them all.

The pocket aces thing was awful (both times), but I loved all the interaction between Wilson and Cuddy.

das
Old 04-12-06, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Depends on the lock...that one was tiny
That's what they get for buying 'em from the Red Army.

As Rich said - an average ep of House is still really good tv.

I'm really enjoying the interaction w/ Wilson. Glad to see that they have increased Robert Sean Leonard's role on the show.

I want to do naughty things w/ Jennifer Morrison.
Old 04-12-06, 09:09 AM

God Complex
Constant agony from his bad leg - he's popping painkillers constantly
His woman left him when he became disabled
He's just a dick
Well that explains it then! I kinda like the fact that the main character has these faults. It's interesting. I know I started late in the show, and without going into everything, can I at least know how he hurt his leg? (Does he have the same disease as the woman doctor on ER? (havent watched that in a million years so I forget her name, except for the fact she walks with a limp and a cane..lol)
Old 04-12-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 906 Likes on 668 Posts
Well that explains it then! I kinda like the fact that the main character has these faults. It's interesting. I know I started late in the show, and without going into everything, can I at least know how he hurt his leg? (Does he have the same disease as the woman doctor on ER? (havent watched that in a million years so I forget her name, except for the fact she walks with a limp and a cane..lol)
It was a blood clot, and his wife at the time made the decision to have surgury done on him which probably saved his life. That is what left him using the cane, and also is what made them get a divorce.
Old 04-12-06, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by noonan4224
It was a blood clot, and his wife at the time made the decision to have surgury done on him which probably saved his life. That is what left him using the cane, and also is what made them get a divorce.
Thanks!
Old 04-12-06, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks!
If there is a way for you to watch last season's final episode, do it. This episode, besides being one of the best hours I have seen on tv in a long time, really helps answer questions about House's past.
Old 04-12-06, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by dave-o
If there is a way for you to watch last season's final episode, do it. This episode, besides being one of the best hours I have seen on tv in a long time, really helps answer questions about House's past.
Does anyone know if the series is on DVD?
Old 04-12-06, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Does anyone know if the series is on DVD?
The first season is.
Old 04-12-06, 11:07 AM

This is one of the best shows on TV right now. Consistently great scripts. Witty banter. Good chemistry between actors. And superb acting. I love this show and would highly recommend it.
Old 04-12-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It really is a good show to start late. The last two episodes are really the only ones you have to see to understand Gregory House(with an exception of one or two that explain why he hired each member of his team but that isn't really crucial info). And even then you can start watching now and pick up on everything after a few episodes. Saying that it is still a great idea to pick up or at least rent season 1. It is has so many great episodes and a great multi-episode sub-plot(which looses some of its itensity if you've seen season 2 but it's still good).
I recorded last nites episode but haven't got around to watching it yet.
Old 04-12-06, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by noonan4224
Actually, House refused the surgery that would have removed the clot, not wanting to be a cripple, but possibly killing him with the chemical treatment...his stubborn refusal to change his treatment put him into a coma, where his gf (they werent married) being a lawyer made a move to take over power of attorney for him and ordered the surgery...he blamed her for the resulting disability and pain, but she probably saved his life, ruining thier realtionship, making him a bitter dick

And the episode where you find out this story is one of the best written, most origional stories ever put on TV

Oh, BTW...most of the staff no longer believes that House suffers any real pain, and they now think he's just addicted to Oxycontin.

Should I spoilirize all that ?

Last edited by Tommy Ceez; 04-12-06 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-12-06, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, If you like House's bitchyness, people hate and sarcasm, wait till you get an episode where he's forced to do free clinic hours!!!
Old 04-12-06, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Okay,

Foreman's speciality is neurology, Cameron's is labs? and chase is ?????
Old 04-12-06, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought Cameron was immunology

Checking the website...yes she is

And Chase is listed as an intensevist (care of critically ill)

Last edited by Tommy Ceez; 04-12-06 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-12-06, 06:52 PM

According to House, Chase's specialty is yachts.
Old 04-12-06, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought Cameron was immunology
I just think she is stunning, especially in that red dress. Loved the look House gave her.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.