Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

news: Kameo packs, Lionhead bought and PGR3 tournaments

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-06, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
news: Kameo packs, Lionhead bought and PGR3 tournaments

Kameo: Elements of Power Expanded with Downloadable Packs that Add Flair and New Online Play Options

New Content Adds All New Online Co-Op Ability, Outrageous Outfits and Costume Changes on the Fly

Microsoft Game Studios and Rare Ltd today announced the immediate availability of three exciting new downloadable content packs, expanding the already epic next-generation games experience enabled in “Kameo: Elements of Power.”

The new downloadable packs include:

Kameo Co-Op Pack – Free of charge to Xbox Live Gold members. Players can now enjoy the exciting two-player cooperative gameplay in the Kameo: Elements of Power action levels over Xbox Live and System Link.

Kameo Masquerade Pack – 200 Points. Introduces 10 new exciting costumes for Kameo, including recognizable outfits from classic Rare titles. Players can use the Bonus menu in the last page of the Wotnot book to change Kameo’s costume in-game.

Fright Warrior Pack – 200 Points. Provides gamers with a full set of fantastic and scary fright-themed costumes for Kameo and all of her warriors. Use the Warrior Upgrade page and the Bonus menu in the Wotnot book to change costumes in-game.

Players can get in on the action and download the packs via Xbox Live Marketplace, your one-stop shop on Xbox Live beginning March 28, 2006.

From renowned game developer Rare, “Kameo: Elements of Power," grants players the ability to morph into unique and incredible warriors allowing the main character Kameo to search out and battle ever-present evil. Boasting impeccable next-generation graphics and innovative gameplay, "Kameo: Elements of Power" shines as a giant leap in game development. Continuing its legacy of creating dynamic puzzles, immersive combat and enormous environments, Rare fuses multiple genres to create a strikingly fun gaming experience destined for widespread appeal. For up-to-date information on "Kameo: Elements of Power," visit the official expanded site at http://www.kameo.com.

Project Gotham Racing 3 Goes Full-Throttle with First-Ever Global Tournament on Xbox Live

“Project Gotham Racing 3,” the award-winning racing title for Xbox 360, is looking to send the ultimate next-gen racers to the Lamborghini factory in Italy with the “PGR 3” Global Tournament

Consider yourself among the best of the best? Then buckle-up as Microsoft and Bizarre Creations team with world-renowned car manufacturer Lamborghini to bring online racers the first-ever Xbox Live “PGR 3” Global Tournament. Throughout the beginning of April, “PGR 3” will debut a cost-free automatic update allowing gamers worldwide the opportunity to compete in upcoming tournaments for the chance to prove, once and for all, just who is the definitive “PGR 3” champion. In the U.S. only, this tournament is being sponsored by Verizon.

From April to June, the competition promises pulse-pounding, head-to-head contests between the best racers across the globe. Depending on their region, gamers can participate in European, Asian or American regional tournaments, each featuring qualifying challenges and single-elimination knockout rounds where only the fastest will survive. The top 12 racers from around the world will be invited to compete for the global championship crown at the Lamborghini factory in Italy.

Gamers interested in watching the action can tune in and see the competition in real-time via the innovative Gotham TV feature enabled in “PGR 3”.

Registration for the Xbox Live “PGR 3” Global Tournament will run from April 6-28 with the competition officially kicking off on Monday, April 17. For more information and details about the races be sure to visit www.pgr3tournament.com and find out how you can compete for the crown.

Microsoft Game Studios Acquires Video Game Luminary Peter Molyneux’s Lionhead Studios
Lionhead’s hit franchise “Fable” surpasses 2 million unit sales milestone.

REDMOND, Wash. — April 6, 2006 — Microsoft Game Studios (MGS) today announced it has purchased U.K.-based Lionhead Studios, one of the world’s leading and most innovative video game developers and creators of “Fable®,” the hit Xbox® and Windows® franchise.

Lionhead Studios will immediately begin creating content exclusively for the Xbox 360™ and Microsoft® Windows platforms. The companies previously worked together on the popular role-playing games “Fable” for Xbox and “Fable: The Lost Chapters” for Xbox and Windows, which have collectively surpassed the 2 million global unit sales milestone, making “Fable” the best-selling role-playing franchise on the Xbox platform. “Fable” and “Fable: The Lost Chapters” enable players to make decisions that affect their character’s skills, appearances and morality and the world around them.

“At Microsoft Game Studios we have worked hard to become the best partner for the best creative talent in our industry, and this acquisition underscores our commitment to excellence,” said Shane Kim, general manager of Microsoft Game Studios. “Peter Molyneux is one of the few true visionaries in our industry, and his joining us is incredibly important to the future of both interactive entertainment and MGS. Lionhead is a shining example of the innovative and creative talent that has delivered some of the most influential and unique games experiences to date, and I am honored to welcome Peter and the incredible people at Lionhead Studios.”

“We could not be more excited about being part of MGS. They have long supported our creative vision, and this teamwork resulted in the hugely successful ‘Fable’ franchise,” said Molyneux, managing director of Lionhead Studios. “This acquisition gives Lionhead the stability and opportunity to focus on creating world-class next-generation titles. We are joining some of the most incredible game creators in the industry, the combined talent of which will truly take next-generation gaming to a new level.”

With today’s announcement, Lionhead Studios becomes the latest member of MGS, joining such prestigious and globally recognized game creators as Bungie Studios, Ensemble Studios, FASA Studio and Rare Ltd. on a team whose charter is to create exclusive entertainment experiences that differentiate Xbox 360 and Windows from other gaming platforms.
Old 04-06-06, 12:38 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Nice about the Kameo update. That was one thing I was hoping would come. They had co-op on the same xbox. Now, you can co-op via live.

And interesting contest announcement in PGR.
Old 04-06-06, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could this resurrect "The Movies" on 360?? I've been dying for a console version of that, it looked awesome before it got canned.
Old 04-06-06, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

May as well start packing for my trip to Italy
Old 04-06-06, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
The press release for Kameo was online last Wed or Thurs, as I posted some of it in the big thread.

As of yesterday none of what was in it was available yet. So hopefully today.

*edit - just checked MajorNelson and he said it is currently available. His info is quite reliable so I may have to check it out later.

Originally Posted by MajorNelson
The long awaited update for Kameo is now available for download. After you dust off your Kameo disc and sign on to Xbox Live, you’ll get prompted for an auto update. Once you do that, swing over to the marketplace and grab the (free) download that will enable you to play Kameo with a friend across Xbox Live. I’ll be online later tonight if you want to send me a message to try it out.

SWEEEET!!
Looks like they have added 9 new achievements to get. Not sure on the values. Awesome. Now I need someone good enough to go for A rankings to get them with. Who's up for it?

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 04-06-06 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-06-06, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

These are official press releases that I get from the companies direct, so I'd hope they are accurate
Old 04-06-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well the Kameo one I saw word for word online last week, that's the only reason I brought it up. Someone must have just posted it early.
Old 04-06-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Kameo Co-Op Pack – Free of charge to Xbox Live Gold members. Players can now enjoy the exciting two-player cooperative gameplay in the Kameo: Elements of Power action levels over Xbox Live and System Link.

Edit: Kameo coop pack is available for download by all Xbox Live members Gold or Silver

Last edited by sniper308; 04-06-06 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-06-06, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Well the Kameo one I saw word for word online last week, that's the only reason I brought it up. Someone must have just posted it early.
Yeah, I think it was Norwegian MSFT who slipped it out early. This one came in just this morning.
Old 04-06-06, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions

Microsoft Game Studios Acquires Video Game Luminary Peter Molyneux’s Lionhead Studios
Lionhead’s hit franchise “Fable” surpasses 2 million unit sales milestone.

I was really hoping that Peter's games would finally get a decent adaption to consoles with the Revolution. He was really excited about the system too to boot.

G4: Now Peter, I wanna start off with breaking news. The Nintendo Revolution controller. That was unveiled last week. A few weeks ago, you had this quote about never underestimate Nintendo. So I assume you got to see it ahead of time right?

PM: I mean… :stutters: you know, I’ve heard rumors about it for a little while, and I can tell you it’s a great great product, and that’s exactly what I meant by never underestimate Nintendo. You know, this is a Revolution. It’s what they, you know, it’s not the hardware of the machine, it’s not the speed of the machine, it’s the fact that that device will enable games to be made unlike no other have ever been.

G4: So you already thinking of ideas? You think you’re gonna do a game for it?

PM: Well, I mean, you know, absolutely. It, it’s so exciting to actually, for the first time, feel that you can move something in a 3D space. I mean, you gotta remember Jeff, that, the controllers that we’re currently using on the other consoles, really have their origin in platform games. They have no sympathy for moving around in a you know, a 3D world, and that’s what makes Revolution so exciting. Yeah, I would love to be doing something for it.
Goodluck to Lionhead, I know they had been laying folks off, hopefully MS will infuse some serious cash to provide the team with the tools they need.
Old 04-06-06, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, that is a blow. But they bought Lionhead...not Molyneux. Unless he signed a non-compete he could form another company perhaps?
Old 04-06-06, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Yeah, that is a blow. But they bought Lionhead...not Molyneux. Unless he signed a non-compete he could form another company perhaps?
Peter is Lionhead.

I shouldn't say that, there are a lot of talented people that work(ed) for Lionhead. However, its just like Will Wright, the man is a visionary (good and bad) and utilizes those around him to make some interesting titles. I doubt Peter would ever leave Lionhead, at least not for a good long while.
Old 04-07-06, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Kameo

Well, turns out the 9 new achievements to earn in Kameo are worth 0 points. Zip. Zilch. Nada. The big fat O.

You would think with such a big update, that earning them would be worth something, 1000 points per game be damned. I bet they take a lot of heat for that one. I'm sure Major Nelson will be hearing about it this week as well.

How lame is that?
Old 04-07-06, 03:16 AM

My PGR Ranking is 647 in the world. And I havent played for a month. I just raced a duel to get back into shape and won by 25 seconds. I'm going to Italy.

D