Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Can't Connect to Xbox Live! WTH!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-06, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't Connect to Xbox Live! WTH!?

Ok, I've played Live! a couple of times already and now I can't connect. I'm only in like my 4th day of my month trial.. I run the Xbox Live connection test and it passes all the tests until it gets to the XBOXLIVE test then it fails with more info saying:

W: 0000-000B
X: 0000-F001
Y: 30A8-48E0
Z: 0000-0000

The weird thing is I can connect to my HTPC and play music via Media Center on the xbox so I know it's communicating on my network... Internet is up fine too..

Maybe it's telling my I need a new TV..

Any ideas?!?!
Old 04-05-06, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried called MSFT support? They are actually somewhat helpful.
Old 04-05-06, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not yet.. Figured I'd see if anyone else was having a problem..
Old 04-05-06, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well the chat support blows..

Welcome to Microsoft XBox Support
The XBox Chat session has been accepted. This chat session is being recorded for quality monitoring; your IP address may be traced.

{Benjamin} Welcome to the Xbox North America Customer Support! My name is KC. How may I help you?
{Tom Scott} Ok, I've played Live! a couple of times already and now I can't connect. I'm only in like my 4th day of my month trial.. I run the Xbox Live connection test and it passes all the tests until it gets to the XBOXLIVE test then it fails with more info saying:

W: 0000-000B
X: 0000-F001
Y: 30A8-48E0
Z: 0000-0000
{Benjamin} can you tell me the exact message you get on your screen?
{Tom Scott} When I run the Xbox Live Connection test
{Tom Scott} ip address = confirmed
{Tom Scott} dns = confirmed
{Tom Scott} mtu = confirmed
{Tom Scott} icmp = confirmed
{Tom Scott} xboxlive = failed
{Benjamin} i do apologize that your having a problem connecting to xbox live
{Benjamin} are you sure it happens only now?
{Tom Scott} I played it Monday and Tuesday night
{Tom Scott} just tried it tonight and i wasn't able to sign in
{Tom Scott} so i ran this test
{Tom Scott} i just got the xbox 360 this past Friday
{Benjamin} when your trying to connect. can you tell me the exact message on your screen?
{Tom Scott} ok.. i power on 360 with no game in it
{Tom Scott} it takes me to the xbox live dashboard
{Tom Scott} i choose "connect to xbox live"
{Tom Scott} it says "signing in"
{Tom Scott} then it says
{Tom Scott} "Some profiles could not be signed in to Xbox Live. There may be a network problem or a profile that is not valid. Test your connection or recover your profile from Xbox Live."
{Tom Scott} Hello?
{Benjamin} okay..so in that case you have to call our phone support then.
{Benjamin} Due to the complex nature of this issue, we will be unable to resolve it within the chat forum. Your issue would be best addressed via our phone support option. Phone support can be obtained by calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX ( 1-800-469-9269)
{Tom Scott} ok
Old 04-05-06, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
{Benjamin} when your trying to connect. can you tell me the exact message on your screen?

Doesn't he mean "the exact message on you're screen"?

That's some top-notch support they've got. Sucks about your problem, hope you get it resolved soon.
Old 04-05-06, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok.. Now I'm getting tic'd...

I call MSFT.. Go through their prompts.. Wait 5 minutes on hold dancing to their music.. Then it rings once and goes silent.. I wait for a while and don't hear jack so hang up and try again. Same exact thing.

On my third try right now! SWEET!!
Old 04-05-06, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok.. Now I'm fuming.. This asshat was telling me it's my ISP.. That there are only 8 ISP's that support Live! I say "your saying there are only 8 ISP's in the United States that support Live!? Out of all the local cable companies etc that provide internet?" He says, yes.. I say "Why did it work Saturday, Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday then?" He says the ISP's toggle the settings that make Live work. I say "Oh really? What setting is that?" He says "I don't know what setting it is.. I just know it's a setting." Me, "Well I would like to know what this SETTING is so I can call my ISP." Him "Sorry I don't know the setting. I just know MSFT is working with all the ISPs to get them to change this SETTING." I say BS let me talk to someone who knows what they are talking about.. He says hold on, then hangs up on me.
Old 04-05-06, 07:15 PM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242

Um, no. You might want to brush up on your usage of "your" versus "you're."
Old 04-05-06, 07:16 PM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What kind of router do you have? Have you tried power cycling it as well as your cable/DSL modem?
Old 04-05-06, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Nope. It is in fact your. "the exact message on you are screen" is too engrish, even for me.
Old 04-05-06, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

L&O you can close this one he's up and running again
Old 04-05-06, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JM
Um, no. You might want to brush up on your usage of "your" versus "you're."
Originally Posted by RichC2
Nope. It is in fact your. "the exact message on you are screen" is too engrish, even for me.
You guys thought I was serious? I was pointing out he used it incorrectly first, so it didn't make any sense to use it correctly a few words later.
Old 04-05-06, 08:14 PM
Uber Member

I had this problem the other night the day the Battlefield 2 demo was put up. I just figured there was something screwy with the Live servers and turned it off. Worked just fine the next day. I didn't run the test, so I don't know if I would have gotten the exact same error message, but I was getting the same "some profiles could not log in" message.

Sometimes the net just doesn't work the way it's supposed to.
Old 04-05-06, 08:20 PM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
You guys thought I was serious? I was pointing out he used it incorrectly first, so it didn't make any sense to use it correctly a few words later.
Ah, I see now. Well, you did have that whole misheard sentence in "Lost" issue last week, so I wasn't sure.
Old 04-06-06, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I rebooted my Soho (Watchguard firewall) and it worked. The reason I didn't think to do that before was because everything else was working fine. I could get to the internet from all my PC's.. I was using uTorrent, everything was fine..

I also added UDP ports 88 and 3074 (thanks to kakihara1) even though I wasn't blocking them.

I just flat out can't believe how stupid their support was.. I mean COME ON!
Old 04-06-06, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JM
Ah, I see now. Well, you did have that whole misheard sentence in "Lost" issue last week, so I wasn't sure.
Old 04-06-06, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's amazing to me to hear how many people have had problems with M$ support. The one time I called them I talked to a "Valley Girl" and I was thinking oh shit this can't be good. But she was awesome and got my problem solved in like two minutes then talked to me about games for like another ten minutes, overall it was a really good experience for me. I should have gotten her direct dial so all of you could call her for help.
Old 04-06-06, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just to let you know...I had this problem before also, and they HAVE to send you a replacement. I actually got a replacement back and it had this problem. Thus, I've had THREE 360's so far. Where did you get your 360?

You may just have a defective console. What is the manufactur date on the console? What ISP do you have? Running through a router?
Old 04-06-06, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What do you mean they HAVE to send you a replacement? It worked after I rebooted my firewall / router so don't you think that is what the problem was and not the Xbox?

I bought it at Target this past Friday. My ISP is my local cable company Armstrong and my router is a Soho Firebox. No idea what the manufacture date is as I don't have it here in front of me..
Old 04-06-06, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JM
Nice. I guess mishearing that makes me a moron. I understand your point though. I didn't exactly make it clear what I was trying to say
Old 04-06-06, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't have a 360, but we did have this problem once. We have 2 wired PCs, a vonage box, and up to 3 wireless connections on the router. It seems like sometimes the XBox wanted to get the same IP address it had the last time it was on. And if in the interim, a laptop had grabbed it, it would never make a connection to my router (it would fail like at the "getting IP address" stage).

It didn't happen too often. For some reason it was more than once in a week, usually when we were bouncing the router for some reason. When I had trouble with it, the only way around it was to turn off everything. Then turn on the router. Turn on the xbox FIRST and make the connection, then fire up everything else. But that hasn't happened in a while...

NOTE: I use SBC DSL
Old 04-06-06, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry, my mistake...I missed that post. I HAD to send mine back because of this though...it was a MS screw-up (which got me a FREE wireless controller for the hassle). I missed that post where you got it up and running....oops.
Old 04-06-06, 09:08 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
I don't have a 360, but we did have this problem once. We have 2 wired PCs, a vonage box, and up to 3 wireless connections on the router. It seems like sometimes the XBox wanted to get the same IP address it had the last time it was on. And if in the interim, a laptop had grabbed it, it would never make a connection to my router (it would fail like at the "getting IP address" stage).

It didn't happen too often. For some reason it was more than once in a week, usually when we were bouncing the router for some reason. When I had trouble with it, the only way around it was to turn off everything. Then turn on the router. Turn on the xbox FIRST and make the connection, then fire up everything else. But that hasn't happened in a while...

NOTE: I use SBC DSL
That is why in my router, I specifically gave an ip to my xbox. No conflicts from the xbox expecting an ip address and it getting a different one allocated by the router.
I also did that for my Tivo.
Old 04-06-06, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i blame all connection problems on xmiyux
Old 04-06-06, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, that happens to me about once a month or so. Power off the router, wait a minute, plug it back in, it's golden. Seems like long BitTorrent runs cause the problem for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.