Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2007 on all platforms!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-31-06, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PRESS RELEASE ON MULTIPLATFORM 'WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW 2007' GAME
by Buck Woodward @ 2:50:00 PM on 3/31/2006

On the heels of last night's video game competition in Chicago, THQ/Jakks Pacific issued the following press release today:

The Next Generation of World Wrestling Entertainment(R) Video Games is Introduced With New Multiplatform Superstar WWE(R) SmackDown(R) vs. RAW(R) 2007
Friday March 31, 1:00 pm ET

In and Beyond the Ring, New World Wrestling Entertainment Licensed Video Game Delivers the Thrill of Being a WWE Superstar With Key New Features and Powerful Next Generation Technology

AGOURA HILLS, Calif., March 31 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- THQ Inc. (Nasdaq: THQI) and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (Nasdaq: JAKK) today announced WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 is in development for the PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP(TM) (PlayStation®Portable) system and Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Joining the highly visible and successful World Wrestling Entertainment roster of WWE SmackDown/SmackDown vs. RAW licensed video games, which have shipped more than 16.5 million units worldwide since 2000, WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 is expected to make its debut on both current and next generation gaming systems beginning this fall.
"We are pleased to bring our highly successful WWE SmackDown vs. RAW franchise to next generation consoles," said Kelly Flock, executive vice president, worldwide publishing, THQ. "As the publisher of the number one wrestling video game brand in the world, we are eager to take this franchise to new heights by offering the game to current generation, next generation and handheld gamers."

"We are excited about the next groundbreaking release in the multimillion dollar SmackDown vs. RAW franchise," said Nelo Lucich, vice president of interactive, JAKKS Pacific. "WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 combines ambitious, exciting features, such as the interactive fighting area within the crowd and a brand new analog control grappling system, which enhance the WWE video game experience. We are confident this debut will offer a compelling sports entertainment experience for the next generation of gamers."

WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 enables players to experience the intensity of being a WWE Superstar like never before with key updates and new game play features. Environmental hotspots let players select and control multiple objects in and around the ring, as well as from crowd members, to inflict damage on their opponents. Players can also get closer than ever to WWE fans as they battle in an intense new fighting area outside the ring. New high impact combination moves and an enhanced Season Mode with multiple branching storylines let players take control of Superstars like never before, while a brand new Analog Control System adds intuitive movement and improved handling to deliver competitive game play at the next level. WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 is also packed with significant updates, including incredible high definition graphics, an expanded General Manager Mode, updated rosters for both RAW and SmackDown, online multiplayer game play with voice chat support and much more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds good to me
Old 03-31-06, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-31-06, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was really excited to hear about this. Its about time a MS system gets a good WWF (I meant E) game. I dont even watch wrestling anymore (stopped about 3 years ago and will check it out a little bit a couple times per year) but I still would love to get this game.

Heres a link with a review and some screenshots.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/699/699303p1.html
Old 03-31-06, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's good news.. now let's get the game at least halfway a quarter decent. The last 2 Smackdown vs. Raw games have been absolute shit in my eyes. Horrible, horrible, crap.
Old 03-31-06, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

you must be joking if you're referring to SvsR 2006! Best US wrestling game ever.

Very much looking forward to this. They are finally on the right track.
Old 03-31-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

nope.... best wrestling game ever was NO MERCY....

i dont get it though... why cant they just make a enhanced version of that model and everything and thats it....i just feel that these games arent so realistic...
Old 03-31-06, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, I thought that SvR 2006 was as close to No Mercy quality as we were going to get. I'd say No Mercy is #1, and SvR 2006 is 1a, it's almost impossible to pick. But if they find a logical way to beef up GM Mode, I'll probably barely touch any other modes. I found myself playing that the most and it was basically just a text game.

But the models look a little too shiny and reflective to me. There was a thread about this recently I can't find, but I think it's a terrible trend in next-gen games that every surface look like it's been buffed and waxed.
Old 03-31-06, 04:01 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

nope... best wrestling game ever was Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
Old 03-31-06, 05:50 PM

I guess I don't have to worry about trying to get Wrestle Kingdom to work on my 360 now.
Old 03-31-06, 05:52 PM

oh damn