Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ONE TREE HILL-March 29

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-06, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ONE TREE HILL-March 29

Who will survive, and what will be left of them?

The aftermath of the school shooting and the death of Jimmy Edwards (guest star Colin Fickes) forces everyone in Tree Hill to examine their lives. Nathan (James Lafferty) reassesses his relationship with Haley (Bethany Joy), while Brooke (Sophia Bush) and Rachel (Danneel Harris) join forces to heal the student body. Dan (Paul Johansson) must deal with the ramifications of shooting Keith (Craig Sheffer), while Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) and Peyton (Hilarie Burton) consider the implications of their kiss in the library. Barbara Alyn Woods, Lee Norris, Barry Corbin and Moira Kelly also star.
John Asher directed the episode written by Mark Schwahn.

Really thought this was a powerful, well done episode.
Old 03-30-06, 12:24 AM

I like Nathan and Haley being back together but the Lucas-Peyton-Brooke triangle has long run its course. Depressing episode, but decently well done.
Old 03-30-06, 12:44 AM

Some parts were better than others. Karen was a real bitch towards Lucas. God help Dan if/when she finds out he pulled the trigger.
Old 03-30-06, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Karen acted very uncharacteristically although I guess they chalk it up to grief. By the way what school doesn't chain their doors closed at night? Why can't these actors (I'm looking at you Chad) play angry and distraught without being annoying?
Old 03-30-06, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Karen acted very uncharacteristically although I guess they chalk it up to grief. By the way what school doesn't chain their doors closed at night? Why can't these actors (I'm looking at you Chad) play angry and distraught without being annoying?
Haven't you realized yet that no door in Tree Hill is unlocked? Schools, homes, businesses...
Old 03-30-06, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

By the way what school doesn't chain their doors closed at night?
My HS does lock the doors at night, but it is/was not enough to keep anyone out who had any fleeting notion of wanting to be in there at night.

Throughout the episode I kept hoping we would find out that the whole thing was a dream/nightmare. For most of the begining of the season many of us (the few OTH discussers) were pleading for Keith to come back, and when he did he died.

I can't wait until someone finds out that Dan was even in the school at the time of Keith's death. I'm not sure that Karen knew (though she was on the outside), but when someone finds out that he could have had the slightest possibility of doing it, they will connect the dots.

As far as non supernatural (no pun intended) WB drama's go, I think Keith's murder is the ballsiest thing that has happened.
Old 03-30-06, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I don't like serious OTH. Bring back the fun OTH.
Old 03-30-06, 07:21 AM

Why can't these actors (I'm looking at you Chad) play angry and distraught without being annoying?
Bad actors are often annoying. The only ones among the bunch who can do angry without coming off as amateurs are Barry Corbin and Craig Sheffer. No surprise that they're the two oldest members of the cast. Unfortunately the latter was just killed off and the former likely won't be around past this season should the show get a 4th year.

Out of the younger cast members, Sophia Bush is probably the best at playing angry, and that's mostly by default since the rest of the them can't act.
Old 03-30-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The ending got to me, it was a classy move to attend the guy's wedding, and to be there when his mom, even if he is thought to be the shooter of Keith.

I don't understand the giddiness between Haley and Nathan so soon after Keith's murder.

The whole sock-hop thing to "deal" with the school shooting was also bizarre.

I really hope Dan slips up somehow and gets his due.
Old 03-30-06, 07:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't decide what I want to see happen more, Dan going crazy, or Karen finding out Dan did it.

Couldn't believe they had a student at the party yell out, "Shooter in the hallway", when taking some shots. I thought that was hilariously bad.

My jaw dropped at how Karen went off on Lucas. That was rough.
Old 03-30-06, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I don't like serious OTH. Bring back the fun OTH.
I agree. That's what made Season 1 so good among other things. It didn't take itself that seriously. Well that and the writing and character development was about 100 times better than the last 2 seasons.

Thankfully from next week's preview, it looks like they're going back to a more fun and upbeat tone.
Old 03-31-06, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
The ending got to me, it was a classy move to attend the guy's wedding.
Was his bride-to-be in the other casket?

It thought the ending was great as well. I got a little tear in my eye when they all walked up the hill .... no not the one with the tree on it.
Old 03-31-06, 07:51 AM

Thought the party in the high school was really ridiculous. No way they could have pulled that off! Hard to believe that one and made the whole sequence really lame.