Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Buckethead: Secret Recipe'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read Bill Gibron's DVD review of Buckethead: Secret Recipe at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=20867 and...

Wow, I'm quite surprised this was reviewed here! Anyways, as a huge Buckethead fan, I have to look by my bias. This DVD to me is the greatest thing ever. All the old footage, music videos, hidden secrets + the Boston concert on disc 2 is fantastic. It's just really awesome to see. The packaging is also really cool and creative.

I understand the review and basically agree with it for any person who isn't a fan of him. Definitely check it out!

Also, if you put disc 2 in the DVD you get some mp3s.
Old 04-04-06, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the added input Alfonso!!

I'm a HUGE Buckethead fan, and I am always in awe at his skill, and how crazy he can be. I almost picked this up last week, but though twice and passed. I wasn't sure what the disk would contain. I NEVER thought I'd see a Buckethead review here.
Old 04-04-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol, same here. I was shocked!

Anyways, it's just a neat collection Buckethead from all the way back in 1989 till now (including neat home movies and short concert clips), about eight music videos from him and his other bands, a discography to look through, photos, all the good Buckethead goodies. The second disc is a 40 or so minute concert that's pretty good, even though it is indeed bootleg. One awesome thing is that when you put disc 2 on your DVD player in your computer you get the one concert from the DVD's mp3, then one from New York (which is about 40 minutes), then four unreleased tracks.

If you're a big fan, you'd enjoy it. It's like $11.XX at DDD.com, so it's pretty worth it.
Old 04-05-06, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool, thanks again. I'm definitely going to pick this one up!