Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Q about Space: 1999 megaset extras

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-06, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 429 Likes on 250 Posts
Q about Space: 1999 megaset extras

I bought the A&E Space: 1999 megaset. I heard that one of the extras is a short called "Message from Moonbase Alpha" with Zenia Merton(sp?). However, I can't find it on any of the DVDs' descriptions. Does anyone know if it is part of the megaset and if so, where it is? Thanks!
Old 03-28-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin Phillips
I bought the A&E Space: 1999 megaset. I heard that one of the extras is a short called "Message from Moonbase Alpha" with Zenia Merton(sp?). However, I can't find it on any of the DVDs' descriptions. Does anyone know if it is part of the megaset and if so, where it is? Thanks!
I believe that was on a bonus disc in the sets sold by Best Buy (maybe others?).
Old 03-28-06, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 429 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by BSTNFAN
I believe that was on a bonus disc in the sets sold by Best Buy (maybe others?).
Thanks. A bit disappointed...

Last edited by Kevin Phillips; 03-28-06 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-30-06, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BSTNFAN
The set with the bonus disc was originally only available at Best Buy and its affiliated stores (like Sam Goody), but after a few months, the set was made available elsewhere. I think the only way to distinguish this set from the "normal" megaset is a sticker on the shrink wrap announcing the bonus disc (I think it just comes in a paper sleeve).

disapointed
If, like me, you bought the episodes before the bonus disc came out, there is, thankfully, a solution. A&E made the bonus disc available separately for those of us who bought the discs either as they came out (like I did) or in the early releases of the megaset. The downside is you have to pay for it (doesn't seem quite fair, does it?), but at least it is available separately (i.e. you don't have to buy the episodes again).

You can go here to order it from A&E's store. $14.95 plus shipping.

By the way, I think the only way to get this disc separately is to order directly from A&E or you might get lucky (or get fleeced and receive a bootleg) on eBay. It doesn't come in retail packaging (mine came in a white paper envelope).