Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Question(s) about my expiring T-Mobile contract.

gmal2003
03-28-06, 08:54 AM
My contract with T-Mobile expires in a month or so. They sent me a flyer offering me the Razr for $40 for a new 2 year contract. My question is what are the deals available if I renew with a one year contract? Since my current contract isnt up I could not find this out through TMobile.com but Im sure you guys know the deals for contract extension.

Also, is that a good deal? I know the Razr for $40 sounds nice but 2 years is a bit long. I was looking for a 1 year contract. Id prefer to stay with TMobile but if a deal from another company wows me I would consider switching.

Lastly, whats you guys oppinion/experience with the Razr. Ive stuck with Samsung phones so Im not too familiar with Motorola brands.

Deftones
03-28-06, 10:17 AM
Call them up and ask for customer retention. Usually those are the people authorized to give you a better deal if you are going to jump ship. Thing is, though, you may not get as good of deal w/ only a 1 year contract as you would w/ a 2 year one.

TheNightFlier
03-28-06, 11:05 AM
Last year when mine was up I haggled with them. I ended up with a 1 year contract and got a free Motorola v330. I've heard mixed things about the Razr.

Finch03
03-28-06, 12:58 PM
why would you want the razr? everyone and their mom has one, get a different phone.

gmal2003
03-28-06, 02:06 PM
why would you want the razr? everyone and their mom has one, get a different phone.
Everyone having one wouldnt be a detterent for me. As long as its a good phone and I can get it at a good price thats fine by me. I here CompUSA offers 1 year contracts for the Razr at $10 so thus far thats the best deal.

Sonicflood
03-28-06, 02:11 PM
The difference in a 1 year and a 2 year contract when buying the phone is only $50.00. I'd pay the extra $50.00 and only have a 1 year contract.

T-mobile is silly for not having a better discount when opting for a 2 year contract!

Sonic

phatboy
03-28-06, 08:34 PM
don't resign unless you like them....there are PLENTY of deals out there, particualry wirefly where you can get top of line phones for free after rebate....I got my e815 with a free bluetooth for free after rebates....

Bloomiesgirl
03-28-06, 10:56 PM
I have a friend who has had a disasterous time with T-Mobile. She moved her recently from Indiana and went over on minutes. She called them up to see if she could up her the plan and have it include the month that she went over (bill was $200) if she was willing to sign a new contract. THe person that helped her on the phone was awesome, said they would back date the change in her plan taking her bill down to a normal $60-$70 range and got her to verbally agree to another year with T-mobile.

However, She got her bill-- still $200 and so she called them up. They were completely terrible to her on the phone and said they have no record of the first representative that she spoke to who agreed to take the $200 off and change her plan, however, they have record that she agreed to extend teh contract. They pretty much said..pay the $200, were doing nothing for you, and lucky you, you agreed to be with us for one more year. :(

RUN from T-mobile.