Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

"Justice League Heroes".... Finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-06, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
"Justice League Heroes".... Finally!!

It's about damn time! But to be honest, I don't have high hopes for this one because it seems like making DCU based games seems to mean it's gonna suck right out of the gate. But then again it kinda sounds like the X-men Legends RPG/Action games so who knows it may work.

But we'll see....

Story Here

Snowblind Studios to Develop Justice League Heroes

Last July, Warner Bros. Interactive announced that it was working on a Justice League of America videgame . Today, they announced today they chose Snowblind Studios to develop the Justice League Heroes videogame for the Xbox video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 2 and PSP (PlayStation Portable) system in Fall 2006.

Based on the legendary DC Comics' super hero team, The Justice League Heroes game will feature an original story from award winning comic book and animation writer Dwayne McDuffie (Static Shock, Justice League, Teen Titans, Damage Control, Deathlok). This is the FIRST time that the most recognized super heroes in the world are available in one super videogame.

The developer of Champions Of Norrath and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is developing the first JLA title as an action-adventure game with role-playing customization featuring Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna and other unlockable Justice League super heroes.

Each superhero will possess character-specific, upgradeable superpowers resulting in unique controls and fighting-styles. Engaging in one-to-two player cooperative combat, gamers will be able to customize and master these superpowers as they travel through interactive and destructible environments.
Old 03-22-06, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't wait for this. As much as I like to be above it, when it comes to comic properties in games I have a weak heart and have to try them (for the most part). If this is close to X-Men Legends then I think it will be fine. Considering the guys behind Baldurs GateA are behind it, I do have some high hopes.
Old 03-22-06, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally something like this for DC fanatics!

(first post, hola!)
Old 03-22-06, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
One of the guys on local morning radio said that he just finished doing some voiceover work for a new DC game (he was green arrow). I wonder if this was it. If so, I'd guess it's not based on the Timmverse designs from the cartoons... should be interesting.

I swear, if Activision just remade X-men Legends with Avengers characters, or any other superhero team, I'd buy it. Repetitive, sure, but highly addictive for comic book fans.
Old 03-22-06, 02:08 PM

Don't forget that there is still a DC mmorpg in the works as well. But that won't be for another year or two if even that.

I swear, if Activision just remade X-men Legends with Avengers characters, or any other superhero team, I'd buy it. Repetitive, sure, but highly addictive for comic book fans.
I believe a Marvel legends game is on the way from Activision in 07, hopefully earlier.
Old 03-22-06, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
If so, I'd guess it's not based on the Timmverse designs from the cartoons... should be interesting.
I wish it was based on the Timm designs, but I can understand why it isn't. However, I wish they would just get as many of the voice actors from the JLU show as possible. All that work is done.

I think that's a no brainer too. They don't really have to do anything on the backend as all the hard work is done; just design some new levels and get a halfway decent story and voila! I would be all over an Avengers(Ultimates_ game.
Old 03-22-06, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
The screen shots in the latest Game Informer magazine aren't too impressive.
Old 03-22-06, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wonder if the Justice League they use is an amalgamation, like the X-Men Legends games. If so, which Green Lantern?

Spoiler:
Jack Black, I hope!
Old 03-23-06, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TylerDurden1985
Finally something like this for DC fanatics!

(first post, hola!)
That's what I'm sayin'!

BTW, Welcome!

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-23-06 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-23-06, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Maxflier
The screen shots in the latest Game Informer magazine aren't too impressive.

How bad can it be?
Old 03-23-06, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

One of the guys on local morning radio said that he just finished doing some voiceover work for a new DC game (he was green arrow).

Who? What show?

I'm not a Marvel fan But I'd buy it too.
Old 03-23-06, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
[QUOTE=Giantrobo]Who? What show?
[QUOTE]

Ralph from the Kevin and Bean morning show on KROQ in Southern California. (He's also the guy that hosted Joe Schmou).
Old 03-23-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Oh, ok. Thanks.
Old 03-24-06, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ditto
Old 04-03-06, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Trailer:
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/818/818858/vids_1.html

Edit: I posted this before actually watching it. It's not much of a "Trailer" since it is like 10 secs long and doesn't show jack shit.

Last edited by Maxflier; 04-03-06 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-05-06, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Trailer:
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/818/818858/vids_1.html

Edit: I posted this before actually watching it. It's not much of a "Trailer" since it is like 10 secs long and doesn't show jack shit.

Cool thanks man. Something is better than nothing.

I just saw an issue of Game Informer and it has some cool shots and a decent article on the game. I just skimmed it but here's what I can remember about some of the character features and some special moves. I think the writer had a chance to play it.

Supermam...strength, flight, limited invulnerability, ice breath, heat vision
Batman...lotsa gadgets to make him a badass
Wonder Woman...strength, flight?, Lasso that can catch groups of enemies and she can also swing enemies with the lasso, and she can throw her tiara like a boomerang
The Flash...he can do moves like pinballing all around and while laying a hit to each enemy, a special move where he stays behind an enemy while attacking them.
Martian Manhunter...I didn't read much on him and I'm not sure if the writer was able to try him out. But it sounds like his character might have attacks based on psychic blasts and stuff like that.

Zatana and Green Lantern were mentioned but he said he didn't have a chance to use them.

The pics looked great and it sounds like it could be lotsa fun for us DC fans but we'll see...

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-05-06 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-05-06, 09:47 PM

Wow, this sounds great. I was just looking forward to Superman Returns. A JLA game would be cool.
Old 04-07-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Video is taking forever to load.

This isn't the same team that did Teen Titans for GBA is it? I only have that game because of the love my kids have for the show...but they don't even play it because it's so bad
Old 04-07-06, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Deadpool
Video is taking forever to load.

This isn't the same team that did Teen Titans for GBA is it? I only have that game because of the love my kids have for the show...but they don't even play it because it's so bad

I'll bet GBA was a huge reason why it sucked.

I don't know. It may suck it may not. I looks like X-men Legends and that game was cool so we'll see.
Old 04-07-06, 01:14 PM

Some early screen shots:

Old 04-10-06, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Cool stuff. I'm sure the final deal will look even better.
Old 04-10-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this coming out for the 360 or just regular Xbox?