Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hell (L'Enfer) - Kieslowski/Piesiewicz

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-06, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the second film in the Heaven/Hell/Purgatory trilogy has finished and been released.

Official website in French is here:
http://www.diaphana.fr/fiche.php?pkfilms=133

IMDB page is here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430224/

I don't suppose anyone has seen it? Does anyone have any info on a DVD release?

I really hope we don't have to wait ages for the DVD. I absolutely adored Heaven and while I realise Kieslowski's input is limited to just the scenario this time, I'm still gagging to see it!
Old 03-20-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

At this point it is extremely early to talk about a DVD release, even unrealistic in my opinion. The film will hit mainstream European markets this summer. If anything, it is certain that there will be R1 and R2 (UK) releases.
Also, with all due respect this is Tanovic's film and judging by the amount of preparation he put into this project the results should be quite satisfying. Though as it seems I am one of the very few that did not find his No Man's Land that good.

So...be patient...

Ciao,
Pro-B

edit:
I just looked at all of the release dates IMDB is listing and a lot of those seem quite a bit off. I know for a fact that the film did not get a nationwide release in Italy on the 23 of September last year. This is just nonsense!

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 03-20-06 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-20-06, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks PB. I didn't realise it was the same director as No Man's Land. I did like that movie a lot, though not as much as the critics. Hopefully he will be able to adapt his style to suit the material.
Old 03-21-06, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This will be playing at the Philadelphia Film Festival. I have it schedule sometime in the first week. I'll come back and post my thoughts about it.
Old 03-21-06, 06:05 AM

I saw this last year, and to be honest was slightly disappointed in it. It's perfectly watchable, and to be honest I'll probably take another look at it some day, but it just didn't live up to my expectations (which weren't actually that high). While I really enjoyed watching the cast, another part of me felt that a film that gets Béart, C. Bouquet, Perrin, Rochefort, Canet, Viard & Gillain together should give them a bit more to do and be a bit special, so I thought it was really a lot less than the sum of its parts. Tanovic came along for a Q&A afterwards, but I thought he did little to change my opinion that this film was a missed opportunity (given that KK's writing + that cast is a great set of ingredients to start with, IMO).
It was out in France it late Nov, so seeing as that was nearly 4 mths ago some news of a French DVD might not be too far off...

Dazza.
Old 03-23-06, 01:33 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Emmanuelle Beart....sigh......

would someone please get off their asses and release a state of the art 16:9 disc set of FLORETTE/MANON......im waiting here...