Fame
Good Times
Married With Children
Outer Limits (New Episodes)
Party Of Five
Sanford And Son
Seinfeld
Tour Of Duty

I forget what some of the other titles were but I'm sure all the titles from the previous BB and DDD B1G1 sale were included.

Last edited by GMan2819; 03-21-06 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-20-06, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Seinfeld sets are priced at $49.99. Some of the others are $39.99.
Old 03-20-06, 10:00 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Stargate seasons 2-8 at $39.99 are included, as is some seasons of Married w/ Children, Party of Five S1, some late night/nick at night type shows like Sanford & Son, Oliver Stone box set are included.
Old 03-20-06, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Any discounts at FYE? Those prices are full list. When DDD and B&N had them, they where discounted.
Old 03-21-06, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone know if this deal is going on at Strawberries/Coconuts too?
Old 03-21-06, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Any discounts at FYE? Those prices are full list. When DDD and B&N had them, they where discounted.
The only discount I know of is the calendar they gave out with purchases over $50 before Christmas. There were coupons in there for $5 and $10 off DVDs and boxsets from various distributors.
Also, you get 10% off if you purchase a yearly membership to their frequent buyer program (forgot what it is called). And if you know someone who works at FYE you could have him/her buy what you wanted for you since they get an additional 10% off.
Old 03-21-06, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Discounts? FYE?

FYE is one of the few places that still charges full MSRP on everything, which is why I never shop there. It's amazing how many people still do, just because FYE is right there in whatever mall they're at, even if Best Buy is just 5 minutes away.
Old 03-21-06, 07:45 AM
Cool New Member

FYE has great deals on new releases a lot--granted its after a rebate, and you may have to call in and complain when they randomly deny your rebate...but still a good final price--usually better than everything else.
Old 03-21-06, 03:57 PM

I picked up the first two Bewitched season sets (in B&W) for under $40: only $20 each! That's the best B&M deal I've seen for that series. Aside from the price, it's nearly impossible to find the series in B&W at any B&M store. I should note though that I also spotted the first season box set at Amazon.com this week for about $20, the same price.
Old 03-21-06, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Discounts? FYE?

FYE is one of the few places that still charges full MSRP on everything
Not true at all. While some things are still MSRP, there are good deals to be found at FYE. More for CD's than DVD's but still. Occasionally theres an excellent deal like the Simpsons season 1-3 for $14.99 not too far back, or the Law & Order Season 1 for $19.99. Plus the used section can yield some great bargains and finds. This deal is actually quite good. Both seasons of Dead Like Me for $39.99, was good for me.
Old 03-22-06, 09:12 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by sotra
The only discount I know of is the calendar they gave out with purchases over $50 before Christmas. There were coupons in there for $5 and $10 off DVDs and boxsets from various distributors.
Also, you get 10% off if you purchase a yearly membership to their frequent buyer program (forgot what it is called). And if you know someone who works at FYE you could have him/her buy what you wanted for you since they get an additional 10% off.
Sorry, FYE employees do not get additional discounts.
We get:

New: 30% original regular sticker price or buy it for the sale price if it's on sale
Used: 20% off
On sale: take the 30% regular sticker price or take the sale price

Or if you have backstage pass, it's 10% off new regular price, new sale price, or used regular price, and we have to pay the $25 for the backstage pass as well.
Old 03-22-06, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jaschiero
Sorry, FYE employees do not get additional discounts.
We get:

New: 30% original regular sticker price or buy it for the sale price if it's on sale
Used: 20% off
On sale: take the 30% regular sticker price or take the sale price

Or if you have backstage pass, it's 10% off new regular price, new sale price, or used regular price, and we have to pay the $25 for the backstage pass as well.
Sorry, my bad. I knew someone who worked at Strawberries a while ago and they had 10% off. I just assumed it applied to FYE too.
Old 03-22-06, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

jaschiero,
Is there a way to get a printout of all DVDs that have rebates? The FYEs near me aren't consistent as far as indicating which DVDs have rebates.
Old 03-22-06, 05:38 PM
Cool New Member

What site is B and M?
Old 03-22-06, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Link_182
Not true at all. While some things are still MSRP, there are good deals to be found at FYE. More for CD's than DVD's but still. Occasionally theres an excellent deal like the Simpsons season 1-3 for $14.99 not too far back, or the Law & Order Season 1 for $19.99. Plus the used section can yield some great bargains and finds. This deal is actually quite good. Both seasons of Dead Like Me for $39.99, was good for me.
Thanks a ton for the Dead Like Me info. That was the only thing that I really wanted were those two seasons/sets. Anyone know how long this sale lasts, cause I doubt I'll make it before the weekend.
Old 03-22-06, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PItheist
What site is B and M?
It's not a site, but rather a deal messageboard abbreviation for brick and mortar store or the actual store itself.
Old 03-22-06, 07:24 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by hiccup
It's not a site, but rather a deal messageboard abbreviation for brick and mortar store or the actual store itself.
Thanks. Somehow, I missed FYE in the title.