Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Star Trek - Individual Motion Pictures ($4.99 AR) Fye B&M Only until 04/05/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-06, 07:29 PM
HTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Trek - Individual Motion Pictures ($4.99 AR) Fye B&M Only until 04/05/06

With the recent price drop of the Star Trek Motion Picture series down to $9.99 everywhere, it seems as though Fye B&M is sweetening the deal with a $5 rebate on each title.

Sale DVDs at $9.99 - $5 rebate = $4.99 + sales tax

Star Trek I: The Motion Picture (Director's Edition)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Director's Edition)
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (Special Collector's Edition)
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (Special Collector's Edition)
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (Special Collector's Edition)
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Special Collector's Edition)
Star Trek VII: Generations (Special Collector's Edition)
Star Trek VIII: First Contact (Special Collector's Edition)
Star Trek IX: Insurrection (Special Collector's Edition)
Star Trek X: Nemesis (Special Collector's Edition)

$5 Rebate Terms & Conditions

Only valid at Trans World Entertainment retail stores purchases between 03/16/06 - 04/05/06. Send in original UPC bar code symbol from the package. No photocopies accepted. Submission must be postmarked by 05/05/06. Only one (1) rebate form per envelope. Limit one (1) rebate per item/UPC per household or address. No PO boxes allowed.

Note: For UPC symbol, you can use the yellow price sticker for you submission.

EDIT: RebatesHQ contact info

Phone Number: (800-779-6219)
Resubmission Fax #: (888-864-5763)

Last edited by HTN; 05-05-06 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Addition of rebate center contact info
Old 03-19-06, 07:42 PM

Nice. Wish there was still a FYE near me. I guess I'll just have to wait for Best Buy to drop their prices to pick up some RZ points.
Old 03-19-06, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HTN
Note: For UPC symbol, you can use the yellow price sticker for you submission.
sure.
Old 03-19-06, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These are certainly great prices but why waste our time with mailing in for a rebate? In general, rebates are just a pain and, unfortunately, may not always be honored. Just charge the sale price and be done with it.

Last edited by Pizza; 04-29-06 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-20-06, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree.. Much as these are great prices, I'm done dealing with rebates. I had to call for the FYE "Die Hard" rebate to get it straight even though I sent everything they asked for as well as the UPC.

And if the rebate offer is good at Trans World stores, doesn't that include Suncoast and Sam Goody now (the ones that are left)?
Old 03-20-06, 07:56 AM
ed

Retailers have no interest in making it simpler for the consumer; they’re only interested in their bottom line. Rebates get the consumer in the door and provide a logical reason to make a purchase. But the reality is that most folks who are eligible for rebates don’t follow through and apply for them, which is much more profitable for the retailer than providing the discount at the time of purchase to the consumer.
Old 03-20-06, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ed
Retailers have no interest in making it simpler for the consumer; they’re only interested in their bottom line. Rebates get the consumer in the door and provide a logical reason to make a purchase. But the reality is that most folks who are eligible for rebates don’t follow through and apply for them, which is much more profitable for the retailer than providing the discount at the time of purchase to the consumer.

Yeah, we know that. However this particular company is getting close to fraud, as they seem to be claiming every submission is invalid when, in fact, they are not.
Old 03-20-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
That's almost low enough to warrant owning ST5...

...almost.
Old 03-20-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Fielding Mellish
That's almost low enough to warrant owning ST5...

...almost.
You would also have to figure in the time dealing with the Rebate.

As others have mentioned, FYE rebates can be somewhat shady. I have always received mine, but once or twice, I had to call them a few times and resubmit my requests. That's fine for a $20 rebate, but for a $5 rebate, it may not be worth the effort (or extra postage).
Old 03-20-06, 01:40 PM

I just mailed in $280 in rebates for a computer purchase. That's worth it.

Forcing a consumer to deal with the hassle for $5 is just wrong.

BTW, these movies are NOT $9.99 everywhere, based on what I saw at Best Buy's site. TMP, TSFS and TFF are still over $10.

For $10 or less, I may finally buy TFF (for the bonus features, ya know) and "upgrade" Nemesis, again for the second disc.
Old 03-20-06, 08:55 PM

Rebates/prices are also good at Strawberries + Coconuts.
Old 03-21-06, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by misterchimpy
Rebates/prices are also good at Strawberries + Coconuts.
The Wherehouse too?
Old 03-21-06, 12:06 PM

This would be worth it to me if I could send in one rebate form, but I forsee problems sending in multiple rebates. Since I don't own any of the movies, $50 for all 10 movies seems like a good deal.
Old 03-21-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you bought them all on one receipt, it'll be one rebate form. Rebate forms are printed out at the register.
Old 03-21-06, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime

BTW, these movies are NOT $9.99 everywhere, based on what I saw at Best Buy's site. TMP, TSFS and TFF are still over $10.

Most of them are $9.44 at DDD. I'd be willing to pay that for not having to deal with FYE and their crappy rebate hassle ever again.
Old 03-21-06, 04:21 PM

If you bought them all on one receipt, it'll be one rebate form.
Is that true? The fact that it states "Only one (1) rebate form per envelope" led me to believe it would print out 10 separate rebate forms so you would have to jump through as many hurdles as possible.
Old 03-21-06, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by gbub
Is that true? The fact that it states "Only one (1) rebate form per envelope" led me to believe it would print out 10 separate rebate forms so you would have to jump through as many hurdles as possible.
It is true, but you have to slice out the upc's with a boxcutter, and then they will deny your rebate anyways. So your left with crap and no rebate. FYE is a fraud. I dont want to threadcrap but , new people should know that they don't honor their rebates more than 50% of the time.
Old 03-22-06, 10:59 AM

Actually, I picked up 7 through 10 today at Strawberries, and only one rebate form printed out, with all 4 titles listed on it. So it looks like you only need to do one submission.

As for the comment that you need to cut out the UPCs, the policy has been changed, you can use the price sticker with the UPC on it. That was verified to me by the sales clerk, who volunteered the information without my asking.

It does take a long time though, I just recently got a $20 Seinfeld S6 rebate from December. Don't forget to save copies of everything...
Old 03-22-06, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Actually, I picked up 7 through 10 today at Strawberries, and only one rebate form printed out, with all 4 titles listed on it. So it looks like you only need to do one submission.
Yes, that's the way they do it. If the DVDs are part of the same offer and you buy them all at the same time, you only get one rebate form.

As for the comment that you need to cut out the UPCs, the policy has been changed, you can use the price sticker with the UPC on it. That was verified to me by the sales clerk, who volunteered the information without my asking.
I've been doing this since October of last year and haven't had any problems that couldn't be fixed with a phone call.

Don't forget to save copies of everything...
Yes, very important in case you have to re-submit. And always keep on top of your submissions. Give them about a month to enter it into their system. If you don't see it in their status system, call them up and they'll have you re-submit.
Old 03-23-06, 07:37 PM

They had quite a few more titles for $4.99 after rebate as well. I definitely remember Castaway, Super Troopers, and all the Star Treks, but there were more. They also had a TON of SNL best ofs on sale for $7.99 with no rebate.
Old 03-24-06, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, worth a shot. I stopped by today and picked up ST 2, 3, and First Contact. Thanks to the OP and for the heads-up on keeping copies of the submission .
Old 03-26-06, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One quick question on the POP's: do you just drop them in the envelope loose, or would you recommend taping or stapling them to the rebate form?
Old 03-26-06, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What I usually do is stick the yellow price sticker on a piece of paper and staple it to the rebate form and receipt. I've never had them claim I never sent in the POP.

Last edited by GMan2819; 03-26-06 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-26-06, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jippy
One quick question on the POP's: do you just drop them in the envelope loose, or would you recommend taping or stapling them to the rebate form?
I use the yellow stickers on the front. I carefully peel them off and then stick them on a blank sheet of paper.
Old 03-27-06, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Got 1 of each of the ten titles. Never had been a Star Trek follower until I saw these prices that seem good enough to warrant a single viewing at least. $58 after $50 in MIR with CA taxes. Yes, the offer is good in Wherehouse as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.