Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : This is tearing me up inside

crazyronin
03-19-06, 06:27 PM
I don't even know how to tell this.

Essentially, ~$!10,000 of my wife's jewelry is 'missing' (read stolen) and although I have no proof about who did it, all the evidence points to one person.

My sister.

The house wasn't broken into (proof: Nothing obvious was stolen, no windows broken, locks jimmied, windows forced).

At first, my wife noticed wierd things missing. Makeup (sister didn't wear any before visit, she asked wife for pointers, etc.)

Then she started to notice other things missing. Now the count is up to about $10,000.

The only person who was ever alone in the house, ever, was my sister, who was alone in the house for six hours the Monday after Thanksgiving. No one else has ever been alone in the house.

This has terribly upset my wife (understatement) and me (understatement. I feel like I am actually getting an ulcer from the incredible amount of pissedoffedness that I am feeling that flesh and blood could actually steal from family.)

Anyway I would like to thank you all for just letting me blow off some of the steam that I have had growing in me since this shit all started. Make sport if you must . I don't think I would expect any less from Otters ( I hope some will make me laugh, because I really need it right now).

On the whole right now I feel like going outside and screaming at the top of my lungs, "I have no sister!"

Because as far as I'm concerned right now, I have become an only child.

Thanks.

Th0r S1mpson
03-19-06, 06:38 PM
Wow. I wish I could make sport, but that just sucks. The only thing I can think of is that you need to catch her with something. Do you live close to her? Go to her place much? I really don't know how you should proceed, but I can see how this would tear you up inside.

You need to make absolute certain this is her before it really gets you. If you're as certain as it sounds, you're going to have to call her on it. What happens from there, nobody can know.

Okay, now I guess I'm supposed to make you laugh. But we're not allowed to post pictures of ourselves with our pants down on here. :(

al_bundy
03-19-06, 06:42 PM
is it insured? Call the cops and file a report. they might check local pawn shops and it could lead back to her.

also how is your sister? Anything strange? maybe she has a drug problem and can't help herself.

Max Bottomtime
03-19-06, 06:43 PM
I had two brothers who stole from the family on countless occasions. One of them stole all the money I had saved to get my first apartment. He even managed to "find" my empty wallet outside, even though it was on my nightstand earlier.
I found a pawn ticket in the pocket of my younger brother once. I went to the pawn shop to see what he had pawned. It was a microscope I had just gotten for a science class. They each spent years in and out of jail their entire lives. I would confront your sister. She may apologize and give the items back, or deny it and live with the guilt, knowing that you suspect her. Either way, she will pay somewhat for her crime.

Numanoid
03-19-06, 06:43 PM
So what are you going to do about it?

crazyronin
03-19-06, 06:44 PM
Wow. I wish I could make sport, but that just sucks. The only thing I can think of is that you need to catch her with something. Do you live close to her? Go to her place much? I really don't know how you should proceed, but I can see how this would tear you up inside.

You need to make absolute certain this is her before it really gets you. If you're as certain as it sounds, you're going to have to call her on it. What happens from there, nobody can know.

Okay, now I guess I'm supposed to make you laugh. But we're not allowed to post pictures of ourselves with our pants down on here. :(

Unfortunately she's in DC and I'm in ME. All this shit is going to come out in the wash in about one week, once I finally get my wife to do a COMPLETE inventory of what's missing.

I should note that she thinks she might have taken a checkbook, and we are watching the account carefully. If one check comes in that she or I did not sign, I will swear out a warrant for her arrest and will prosecute it to the fullest extent the law allows.

*edit: and thanks for the offer of the pantsless shot, but I was hoping other Otter's might come up with a better offer whogirl, kd, lbr where are you in my time of need (oh and mrs. D too :eyebrow:-)

dork
03-19-06, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately she's in DC and I'm in ME.
Sorry about your pain, but that sentence cracked me up for some reason.

Kittydreamer
03-19-06, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately she's in DC and I'm in ME. All this shit is going to come out in the wash in about one week, once I finally get my wife to do a COMPLETE inventory of what's missing.

I should note that she thinks she might have taken a checkbook, and we are watching the account carefully. If one check comes in that she or I did not sign, I will swear out a warrant for her arrest and will prosecute it to the fullest extent the law allows.

*edit: and thanks for the offer of the pantsless shot, but I was hoping other Otter's might come up with a better offer whogirl, kd, lbr where are you in my time of need (oh and mrs. D too :eyebrow:-)

Does that "kd" stand for Kittydreamer?!? :D

Hey, sorry that this happened to you, it really sucks and I wish I had something useful to say to you. I'd go to her place and have a look around if I were you!!

dork
03-19-06, 06:59 PM
I'd go to her place and have a look around if I were you!!
Its sounds like that would take away from his ME time.

TomOpus
03-19-06, 06:59 PM
If she was still around, I would suggest one of those "Nanny Cams" to catch her red-handed.

Sucks, though... knowing it's your own sister (her being the only one who's been there alone). Is it possible it could be someone else who might've spent a lot of time there? There's always the chance they could've quickly grabbed an item while one of you was out of the room. I guess I'm looking at all angles.

but I was hoping other Otter's might come up with a better offer whogirl, kd, lbr where are you in my time of need (oh and mrs. D too :eyebrow:-):lol: nice try

crazyronin
03-19-06, 07:06 PM
If she was still around, I would suggest one of those "Nanny Cams" to catch her red-handed.Unfortunately, no. She never gets to step in this house again, ever.

Sucks, though... knowing it's your own sister (her being the only one who's been there alone). Is it possible it could be someone else who might've spent a lot of time there? There's always the chance they could've quickly grabbed an item while one of you was out of the room. I guess I'm looking at all angles.Unfortuately again, I have too. She was the only one.

:lol: nice tryIf I didn't laugh once in a while, I would go insane. Plus if you don't try, you will never succed :D

Anyway if I don't add anything at the end, the meshuggenah monitor says my message is too short. meh.

beavismom
03-19-06, 07:23 PM
I too have a theiving sister. She isn't around me now for the most part, but once she pawned the fairly expensive earrings my boyfriend (now hubby) bought me for Christmas. I looked everywhere for them and when I said loudly that I was going to check the pawn shops for them and prosecute, they mysteriously showed up on the coffee table in plain view like I had overlooked them in my hours of searching.

Maybe you can try that route with your sister. Explain that there are some things missing and you have to file a police report for the insurance company and they "might" come and talk to her since she has been alone in your home. Sorry this happened to you... I know how much it sucks.

Th0r S1mpson
03-19-06, 07:25 PM
You're missing another suspect here.

Who was there around that time, then disappeared, never to be seen again? It's someone close to you. Someone that you would never suspect. Call it anticipation of a crime... premeditated revenge against you. But you ended up tearing <i>them</i> up inside.

The thanksgiving turkey did it!

crazyronin
03-19-06, 07:27 PM
What? No spoiler tags! You sir have ruined a perfectly good mystery! :mad:

sigh, at least the mood is in a partial upswing...

*edit how did those show up with no edit notification! I cry shennanigans!

NCMojo
03-19-06, 07:31 PM
You failed to tell us some important details. Is your sister hot? Has she modeled lingerie at some point? Do you have any Polaroids you stole from her dresser drawer on a dare?

DVD Polizei
03-19-06, 07:32 PM
Just because there is no forced entry does not mean a crime has not been committed (for example, a babysitter stealing items from your home). File a report, get in on record with the police. And then when you find the jewelry at your sister's, call the cops.

Baron Of Hell
03-19-06, 07:37 PM
Maybe your wife hid the jewelry and set it up to make your sister look like the bad guy. Or maybe one of your kids has started doing drugs and they need to get some quick cash. Maybe this is just god's way of telling you 10k worth of pretty rocks aren't worth your family, or maybe he is say they are.

I warn you what is said can not be unsaid. A false accusation will leave scar that will never heal.

IDrinkMolson
03-19-06, 07:41 PM
DC? Is she friends with Marion Barry?

kantonburg
03-19-06, 07:41 PM
I advise changing your checking account. I wouldn't wait for something to show up. It's just too much of a hassle.

Brent L
03-19-06, 07:42 PM
Just because there is no forced entry does not mean a crime has not been committed

That's what she said?

http://www.wilsdomain.com/Kobe-Bryant/images/Katelyn-Kate-Faber.jpg

Anyway...

When it comes to stuff like this, with family, you really need to make sure that they did it first. Once you can prove it, then confront them. Maybe if you do it, it'll save them from really getting in a lot worse trouble down the line, when someone else might be a lot harder on them.

dork
03-19-06, 07:43 PM
Maybe your wife hid the jewelry and set it up to make your sister look like the bad guy. Or maybe one of your kids has started doing drugs and they need to get some quick cash.
Exactly. So cheer up, crazyronin!

Nick Danger
03-19-06, 07:44 PM
I think crazyronin did the deed out of a perverse love/resentment relationship with his wife, who is to him a mother-figure. He repressed the memory of the crime because it the implications were too terrible for him to acknowledge. He needs to admit to himself that all those trips to Bangor had a deep underlying motivation. It's a Freudian sexual pun: bangor = bang her. Until crazyronin can confront his inner demons, the jewelry (and his inner don juan) will remain lost.

And no, you can't have a pantsless picture of Mrs Danger. Crankyman has that pose copyrighted.

crazyronin
03-19-06, 07:53 PM
Bangor is pronounced bang-GORE, gotdam flatlandah!:mad2:

:p

:lol:

mclori
03-19-06, 08:32 PM
She's not going to use the checks. She's too far away and would need your identification to use the checks at that distance. BUT, she could use your account number to set up credit accounts, especially online. Check your credit report.

Max Bottomtime
03-19-06, 08:38 PM
You could always get NCMojo to tase her. :)

bballing
03-19-06, 08:50 PM
Bait her with something. Something she might want, something that would be easy to get away with. Then get together some kind of hidden camera and set the trap. Show her the video and tell her you want everything back or you go to the police.

DarthVong
03-19-06, 09:13 PM
You failed to tell us some important details. Is your sister hot? Has she modeled lingerie at some point? Do you have any Polaroids you stole from her dresser drawer on a dare?

I have to agree with Mojo. You should post nude pics of her, here of course, as revenge.

Bushdog
03-19-06, 09:51 PM
That sucks, dude. Good luck sorting it out. I trust my family implicitly. I've always said that the money would be the least of my concern if family jacked me.

kvrdave
03-19-06, 10:16 PM
That does suck. Fortunately for me, I suppose, my sister has more money than I do. Wait, that sucks, too. :(

I'd go the police route.

Bushdog
03-19-06, 10:19 PM
That does suck. Fortunately for me, I suppose, my sister has more money than I do. Wait, that sucks, too. :(

I'd go the police route.What town does she own?

kvrdave
03-19-06, 10:22 PM
:lol: She and her husband are in a town that makes mine look like Seattle. They are ranchers with roughly 9,000 acres. But the big deal is that they just struck a deal for 50 windmill turbines to go up on their property.

Bushdog
03-19-06, 10:24 PM
I thought those things were pretty inefficient.

Bloomiesgirl
03-19-06, 10:25 PM
A friend of my mom's has a sister that would do things like this along with other really outlandish-conartist-type things. Eventually she showed her true colors enough and my mom's friend went after her.

Good luck.. i would come up with some way to approach the situation. If she feels comfortable enough to steal from family she's going to end up getting herself in big trouble somewhere else. :(

kvrdave
03-19-06, 10:29 PM
I thought those things were pretty inefficient.

Depends on your "wind quality" and their's is grade A. The new ones are pretty amazing as well. Plus, they aren't running them, just allowing them to be placed on their land. When they went in in other places around 10 years ago the rent was around $1,000 per month per turbine. They have actually struck a deal based on the price of power instead which will be worth quite a bit more.

Buford T Pusser
03-19-06, 10:39 PM
Sorry for your loss. :(

mndtrp
03-20-06, 02:24 AM
Wow, $10,000 is pretty ballsy. Maybe call her and tell her you know it's her. When you leave, you have cameras on in the house.

Either that, or just threaten her with the cops. I imagine if you file a police report, with her actions in it, they'll track her down and ask her.

mseang
03-20-06, 03:48 AM
I would not confront her unless you are 100% certain that it was her. The damage done by a false accusation would be unrepairable. All we really have is family. I also do not believe you want your sister spending 10 years in jail. There must be an underlying reason or cause for these actions if it is her.

I would try to smoke her out. The next time you speak with her, tell her about the thefts and that you have had your insurance company and the local police investigating the missing items. Say things such as "The police said that when thefts are this large, the theif is always caught and that even if the items can not be found, thefts of this nature always result in jail time. Make sound as bad as possible for the culprit. You will probably be able to tell from her reaction whether or not she is guilty.

You do run the risk of freaking her out, but she may confess. If she does confess, you can try to get her the help she needs.

NatrlBornThrllr
03-20-06, 05:04 AM
Bait her with something. Something she might want, something that would be easy to get away with. Then get together some kind of hidden camera and set the trap. Show her the video and tell her you want everything back or you go to the police.

..next week on The Young and the Restless.

DVD Josh
03-20-06, 06:38 AM
I would not confront her unless you are 100% certain that it was her. The damage done by a false accusation would be unrepairable. All we really have is family. I also do not believe you want your sister spending 10 years in jail. There must be an underlying reason or cause for these actions if it is her.

I would try to smoke her out. The next time you speak with her, tell her about the thefts and that you have had your insurance company and the local police investigating the missing items. Say things such as "The police said that when thefts are this large, the theif is always caught and that even if the items can not be found, thefts of this nature always result in jail time. Make sound as bad as possible for the culprit. You will probably be able to tell from her reaction whether or not she is guilty.

You do run the risk of freaking her out, but she may confess. If she does confess, you can try to get her the help she needs.

This is very similar to what I would say. I would also pepper in - "did you see anyone strange lurking around when you were here?" and MANY TIMES "we just want it back, we'd drop the whole thing if we did".

ShallowHal
03-20-06, 09:26 AM
I say call the cops with a detailed list. If the sister did it, don't go to her first- she abused your trust and stole from your home. Those aren't things anyone should get a second chance for. She knew what she was doing, and by taking $10k worth of stuff, she continues to show she has zero respect for you or your wife.

Don't feel the least bit guilty if she goes to jail, either. It's not because of anything you did, it's because of what she did.

I would try to smoke her out.
That might work, people get chatty when they're on drugs. -other-

Th0r S1mpson
03-20-06, 09:27 AM
Wow, $10,000 is pretty ballsy. Maybe call her and tell her you know it's her. When you leave, you have cameras on in the house.
Yeah. And he still has the archived footage from last Thanksgiving. :lol:

Nick Danger
03-20-06, 09:41 AM
That might work, people get chatty when they're on drugs. -other-

I suspect that if she finds it necessary to steal $10 grand from her brother, she's already on drugs. Sorry, man.

I'm glad that I can trust my family. :(

Buford T Pusser
03-20-06, 09:45 AM
I'm glad that I can trust my family. :(

You don't seem so glad.

If you watch 24, you'll know not to meet her without backup.

DRG
03-20-06, 10:16 AM
Man, you've got a
http://www.deesnider.com/CMS/images/stories/ts/posed_01.jpg

Matt925
03-20-06, 04:25 PM

Threatening to call the cops might make her confess; if you said you called the cops and she freaks out she definately won't admit it.

It's hard to give advice without knowing what your relationship is like. If this is completely out of the blue, and you guys have always been fairly close I'd be more concerned about the reason she took the items, and trying to find out what's behind all this (drugs, crazy boyfriend, etc.).

If you guys aren't particularly close or she has done shady things in the past I would just report this to the police and let them handle it.

Good luck man.

nodeerforamonth
03-20-06, 05:01 PM
A wise man by the name of Stone Cold Steve Austin has a saying: DTA. Don't Trust Anyone!

JasonF
03-20-06, 06:18 PM
Bangor is pronounced bang-GORE

http://aeroangel3.tripod.com/Gore.JPG
Hey good looking!