Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvelous 3 Song "Get Over" Question

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-06, 02:28 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't really know where to go with this question, but it started bugging me enough that I had to ask. I bought Get Over by the Marvelous 3 from their ReadySexGo album off of Itunes. The Itunes store has the song listed at 3:57, and my downloaded song lasts the same. But at 3:46, the song has faded out and then some acoustic guitar strumming begins, only to end abruptly 10 seconds later. I've never heard this song in its entirety before I bought it, so I don't know if that's what's supposed to happen. It almost sounds like that bit could be the beginning of the next song or something. Could someone check on this song if you have the cd? Is that what's supposed to happen or was it ripped incorrectly by the Itunes people that part of another song ended up at the end? It just sounds kind of abrupt, especially if you're listening to it on the Shuffle and you just don't know when a song's supposed to end.

If you've got the cd, is it worth getting? I've bought Get Over and Cigarette Lighter Love Song on Itunes already, and I really like them, so I might end up buying the rest of the songs from Itunes, or if the cd booklet has the album's song lyrics in it, I might just end up buying the cd instead. Thanks.
Old 03-19-06, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's the beginning of the next track "Sugarbuzz". For some reason, the tracks split during the guitar intro rather than during the silence beforehand. Either a pressing error, or they're just trying to be wacky artistes. Either way, iTunes has it ripped properly.
Old 03-19-06, 04:41 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks Numanoid! Now I don't have to email Apple. I've had things go wrong before when I rip songs myself in Itunes, I was almost convinced that it was some technical glitch. But if it's the album itself, it's not anything we can do about it. Thanks again!
Old 03-20-06, 09:56 PM

M3

Originally Posted by TerryMcGinnis
I didn't really know where to go with this question, but it started bugging me enough that I had to ask. I bought Get Over by the Marvelous 3 from their ReadySexGo album off of Itunes. The Itunes store has the song listed at 3:57, and my downloaded song lasts the same. But at 3:46, the song has faded out and then some acoustic guitar strumming begins, only to end abruptly 10 seconds later. I've never heard this song in its entirety before I bought it, so I don't know if that's what's supposed to happen. It almost sounds like that bit could be the beginning of the next song or something. Could someone check on this song if you have the cd? Is that what's supposed to happen or was it ripped incorrectly by the Itunes people that part of another song ended up at the end? It just sounds kind of abrupt, especially if you're listening to it on the Shuffle and you just don't know when a song's supposed to end.

If you've got the cd, is it worth getting? I've bought Get Over and Cigarette Lighter Love Song on Itunes already, and I really like them, so I might end up buying the rest of the songs from Itunes, or if the cd booklet has the album's song lyrics in it, I might just end up buying the cd instead. Thanks.
Marvelous 3 were awesome and you should get EVERYTHING they've ever put out. This would include the indy version of Hey Album! as well as their indy Math and Other Problems. Check out Butch Walker (the man behind the band) and his solo stuff. He's diversified since M3, but still rawks pretty hard. Especially Left of Self Centered...main track is "My Way." I defy you not to like this song. Go ahead...I dare ya.
Old 03-24-06, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Their nom de plum album: Hey! Album. It features the track that started garnering them nationwide attention, "Freak of the Weak". On MTV, it was briefly a "buzzclip" -- a tag they gave for choice, up-and-coming- artists, sort've like their stamp of approval.

Anyway, that's when I first noticed them. I bought Hey! Album and it's probably considered one of my favorite albums of all time. (Moreso because it was a pinnacle album in the soundtrack of my life.)

Favorite tracks off that (in case you want to download or purchase through iTunes):

"Freak of the Weak"
"Miss Jackson"
"Vampires in Love"
"Every Monday" (probably my favorite off the album)
"Indy Queen"

I actually like the whole album a lot, and on any given day I may like a song more than others.

mraor is right. Their whole catalogue is pretty good. Among Buch Walker's solo albums (lead singer of Marvelous 3; he only has 2 albums), I like the last one he realised a little better, although it took a while for me to like it just as much as his first one.

I just got around to purchasing the indy release of Hey! Album, which has a different recording mix to it, and also includes 3 songs that didn't make it on the widely available re-release. (Cold As Hell -- one of those not featured on the widely available one -- later resurfaced on ReadySexGo album). It kicked my wallet in the ass, as I spent around $70 on it! But it's worth it because I'm an idiot like that.

Anyway, glad to see you comin' around to the Marvy 3.

Keep the thread posted as to what you think if you ever purchase their whole albums.
Old 03-31-06, 11:41 PM

Butch Walker myspace site has a brand new song of his posted. I'm telling you, if you haven't heard this guy's material, you're missing out.

Probably the one of the top 5 all around talents in the industry. He makes most of his $$$ by producing and songwriting. He worked with Avril and he just produced and co-wrote some songs for Pink's latest.