Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Farscape Season sets

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-06, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farscape Season sets

Are the Farscape Season sets at DDD the "Starburst" versions?
Old 03-19-06, 02:38 AM
Cool New Member

No. They are boxed sets of the original DVD releases which contain 2-3 episodes per disc. Considering that these season boxes cost $99.76 versus a complete season of the Starburst Editions coming in at $44.97 (3 volumes per season @ $14.99 each) you're much better off with the Starbust Editions. I'm not even sure why these box sets are still on sale, especially for Seasons 1 & 2 which have already been fully released in the Starburst Editions.

Last edited by Htom Sirveaux; 03-19-06 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-19-06, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DDD sells the starburst sets.

Here is an example:

https://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd....emid=ADV009962

Just search for "Farscape Starburst", and you'll get a whole list of them.
Old 03-19-06, 04:01 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by chase3001
DDD sells the starburst sets.

Here is an example:

https://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd....emid=ADV009962

Just search for "Farscape Starburst", and you'll get a whole list of them.
Yes, and they also show up if you just search for "Farscape", along with those season sets and a few of the older non-Starburst volumes. I realize that I misquoted the prices on the Starbust sets (some are a little bit more than $14.99) but the principle is still the same - the older season boxes are way more expensive than all the SB volumes for each season.
Old 03-19-06, 01:59 PM

Thats crazy! You actually get more for less with the starburst edition.

Looks like the studio would "blowout" the old season sets since it makes no sense to buy them over the starburst edition.

I've got to catch up on this series. Last I saw was when the bad guy(dont remember his name) kidnapped the baby Moya. I think that was near the end of season 2.
Old 05-18-06, 03:44 PM

So, the best discs to get are the Starburst editions? ("FARSCAPE-STARBURST EDITION V.07") And you can get the whole series that way? Not the ones that are labled "FARSCAPE SEASON 4 V.04.4," right?

I just want to be sure before I go nuts and buy myself all of the seasons. I thought I'd never get the whole series since the boxed sets were so expensive and I didn't know about the Starburst editions. You guys made my day with this thread.

Last edited by unicornpegasus; 05-18-06 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-18-06, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As someone who owns Season 1, 2, 3, and 4 box sets, I can tell you they're incredibly expensive. But damn well worth it, if you love Farscape that is.
Old 05-18-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by unicornpegasus
So, the best discs to get are the Starburst editions? ("FARSCAPE-STARBURST EDITION V.07") And you can get the whole series that way? Not the ones that are labled "FARSCAPE SEASON 4 V.04.4," right?

I just want to be sure before I go nuts and buy myself all of the seasons. I thought I'd never get the whole series since the boxed sets were so expensive and I didn't know about the Starburst editions. You guys made my day with this thread.
Correct. You want to buy the Starburst editions, not the full season sets or the ones labeled Season 4 v 4, etc. Just the Starbursts -- there are 3 per season. (The Starbursts are newer, cheaper, and have more extras.)

The only caveat is that they aren't all out yet. I believe that only the first 9 (with the full run of season 1-3) are available. The first season 4 set is coming out in June, I think. So the other 2 should hit about 2 months later (each). They should be done by late fall.

Also, don't forget to pick up the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries that finishes off the story.
Old 05-18-06, 07:11 PM

Oh, thanks so much. I just ordered all of the available Starburst sets from DeepDiscount, including the June pre-order one and I already had the Peace Keeper Wars, so I'm happy as a clam.