Bones - 3/15/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Bones - 3/15/06

Two Bodies in the Lab

Spoiler:
Brennan tries online dating but ends up the target of a shooting when she tries to meet her date at a local restaurant.

Cast: Emily Deschanel, David Boreanaz, Eric Millegan, T.J. Thyne, Michaela Conlin, Jonathan Adams

I guess people here have given up on this show, but I still think it's a worthy of my TiVo, especially now that it's on at 8.

Anyway, I started this thread because of an interesting little Easter Egg, or homage that someone threw out there tonight. Early on in the episode, Brennan is walking down a city street, and if you look at the names on the buildings, one of them was clearly Nolita, the restaurant from the short lived series Kitchen Confidential.

I guess it could just be that they were filming on the same street, and that exterior just happened to still be there, but I don't know.
Old 03-15-06, 10:49 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Or how about a little 'Angel' reunion? Hamilton AND Angel? Oh yeah!
Old 03-15-06, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still love the show. I loved it a few weeks ago when Booth had a Steelers coffee cup(apparently he's from Pittsburg).
I thought tonite was ok, not the greatest episodes(off topic but Good God Vin Diesel is dumb, i'm watching Letterman)but still entertaining.
Old 03-15-06, 11:08 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKing
Two Bodies in the Lab

Anyway, I started this thread because of an interesting little Easter Egg, or homage that someone threw out there tonight. Early on in the episode, Brennan is walking down a city street, and if you look at the names on the buildings, one of them was clearly Nolita, the restaurant from the short lived series Kitchen Confidential.
Noticed that too. So sad. Okay episode tonight, but they were making it pretty obvious that
Spoiler:
Baldwin
was the bad guy. I did enjoy the bonding moments throughout the episode though.
Old 03-15-06, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wetsprockets
Noticed that too. So sad. Okay episode tonight, but they were making it pretty obvious that
Spoiler:
Baldwin
was the bad guy. I did enjoy the bonding moments throughout the episode though.
That was my biggest problem with the episode.
Old 03-16-06, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for that! I knew it was familiar but couldn't place it, as I had only seen KC twice before it vanished.
Old 03-16-06, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Early on in the episode, Brennan is walking down a city street, and if you look at the names on the buildings, one of them was clearly Nolita, the restaurant from the short lived series Kitchen Confidential.
I kind of found that to be lame. I mean they keep mentioning places in DC - why can't they at least pick a REAL restaurant. There's no need to see the exterior.

Poor Adam Baldwin
Spoiler:
seems like except for Firefly and My Bodygaurd, he almost ALWAYS plays the bad guy. Talk about being typecast.
Old 03-16-06, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed a string of similarites regarding guest actors:

Episode 7: "The Man on Death Row"

- guest star Michael Mantell, who played hollywood agent Oliver Simon in both 'City Of' and 'Eternity', in season 1 of ANGEL.
(He was the guy said to Angel, 'You are a beautiful, beautiful man')

Also in that episode, guest Edward Edwards, who was one of Angelus' victims in the Buffy episode 'Amends'.

Episode 8: "The Girl in the Fridge"

-guest Leonard Roberts, who was part of 'The Initiative' in Buffy season 4, although he and Angel never met.

Episode 9: "The Man in the Fallout Shelter"

-guest Jim Ortlieb, who was in the ANGEL season 3 episode 'Lullaby', playing a Wolfram & Hart suck-up.

Episode 10: "The Woman at the Airport"

-guest Harry Groener, everybody's favorite evil Mayor of Sunnydale in season 3 of Buffy.

I'd like to think that these were mere coincidences, but I doubt they all were...plus I like the trivia. If only Baldwin's character's name was 'Canton' instead of 'Kenton'....you know where I'm going with this