Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon - Three DVDs for $30 (really $10 each..can be bought seperately..)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-06, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just released today and available for $9.97:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

(please DVDTalk the link if someone knows how.....)

Amazon $10 titles
Old 03-14-06, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As are Ferngully and Ice Age: Super Cool Edition, BUT they are believe to NOT include the Free Child's ticket (up to $6.50) to Ice Age 2 (that all the local retailers contain).

I have 2 kids who I will be taking to Ice Age 2 when it opens, so the extra $2 per movie I spent at Wal-mart, ultimately saves me $4 over buying from Amazon.com.
Old 03-14-06, 11:29 PM

Simple Life 3: The Interns is $9.99 too.

Looks like Amazon is having most of today's Fox DVD new releases on sale.
Old 03-15-06, 04:56 AM

New Fox kids release: The Thief Lord is $9.97 also.
Old 03-15-06, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's a link to the titles mentioned in this thread, as well as some others:

Amazon $10 titles
Old 03-15-06, 05:28 AM

thanks for the heads-up - I could not find a good price for Ferngully - now I can get Ice Age, Anastasia and Ferngully for under $30 dollars.

thanks again!!
Old 03-15-06, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank you very much, went ahead and got chicken little and free shipping .
Old 03-15-06, 09:24 AM

Thanks. This low price, and the fact that I'm in my Amazon Prime trial period (free 2-day shipping) was enough to entice me to upgrade to the anamorphic version.
Old 03-15-06, 10:56 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Donnie Darko DC.

Thank you!
Old 03-15-06, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by roger_d
Thank you very much, went ahead and got chicken little and free shipping .
I don't see Chicken Little in that link.
Old 03-15-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I don't see Chicken Little in that link.
I too was excited to hear Chicken Little was a part of this sale. But I am assuming the poster just meant he got it seperately on top of some of the titles included in the sale.
Old 03-15-06, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That link just takes me to the "Anastasia Family Fun Edition" edition. Is the sale over or is my browser just messing up?
Old 03-15-06, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by onebyone
That link just takes me to the "Anastasia Family Fun Edition" edition. Is the sale over or is my browser just messing up?
Try the second link that was posted.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...974552-5087966
Old 03-15-06, 01:14 PM

Thanks! They have 2 DVDs I have wanted for awhile. Time to go get them now.
Old 03-15-06, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by hondo21
Thanks. This low price, and the fact that I'm in my Amazon Prime trial period (free 2-day shipping) was enough to entice me to upgrade to the anamorphic version.

Hondo - Be sure to pay attention to your trial end date. Those 2 email reminders that Amazon sends before they charge you for the next year were both blocked by my email spam blocker - and I've never had any mail from Amazon blocked before. I checked my junk mail the other day and found the blocked messages and discovered my trial had ended the week prior. Luckily, Amazon was understanding and isssued me a refund of the $79 Prime member free. It's probably a good deal for someone who is a power-buyer, but I'm content with the usual Free-SuperSaver shipping.
Old 03-15-06, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

A few of these are eligible for the Fox Rebate Form that came with Mr & Mrs Smith.
Old 03-16-06, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rob052067
Hondo - Be sure to pay attention to your trial end date. Those 2 email reminders that Amazon sends before they charge you for the next year were both blocked by my email spam blocker - and I've never had any mail from Amazon blocked before. I checked my junk mail the other day and found the blocked messages and discovered my trial had ended the week prior. Luckily, Amazon was understanding and isssued me a refund of the $79 Prime member free. It's probably a good deal for someone who is a power-buyer, but I'm content with the usual Free-SuperSaver shipping.
There was a related discussion in an earlier thread. Apparently, you can just go to your Account Info. and change the setting to where the Prime Membership will not renew automatically. I did this last week as my trial membership runs 'til March 27th.

Back on topic, I picked up the new Simple Life 3 along with with the earlier Simple Life 2: Road Trip.
Old 03-16-06, 08:04 AM

I picked up Puddle Cruiser and Robots. I couldn't find another title that I wanted in that sale, so I ended up picking up something else to get free shipping.

Robots was actually in my Gold Box deals, so I got an extra $0.50 off!
Old 03-16-06, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
A few of these are eligible for the Fox Rebate Form that came with Mr & Mrs Smith.
Any more info on this?? What titles qualify for the rebate? Thanks
Old 03-16-06, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rob052067
Thanks for the heads up. I just signed up so I'm good till June, but I already set a reminder in my Yahoo e-mail for a few days before expiration so I don't forget. I'll also check out Xbox69's suggestion too.

So far I'm impressed with the service. A couple of initial orders got here fast, a day before their estimated delivery. But I can't see spending that kind of money, especially when I rarely dive right into stuff I receive anyway. I'm content with Free Super Saver shipping too, and can usually combine stuff to get the $25. I can't bring myself to pay shipping.
Old 03-16-06, 11:12 AM

Wow! Might just have to bite on AVP and I, robot finally.

Also, looking at FOTP. Didn't care for the movie much but that opening scene with the plane fyling thru the dunes to that great Johnny Cash song was Awesome. Might be worth $10 just for a demo disk.
Old 03-16-06, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered Anastasia from Amazon, and just so you know it does come with the free Ice Age ticket (child, upwards of $6.50) inside the box. If that was a deterent for not ordering from Amazon, it is included. Great price on what looks like a teriffic set.
Old 03-16-06, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just 26 hours after placing the order, it's delivered. Simple Life 3: Interns. I hadn't realized it was a 2 disc set and it came with an insert. Pretty good with the Amazon Prime trial membership and I chose 2-day shipping too. Shipped seperately from the other DVD I ordered.

Last edited by Xbox69; 03-16-06 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-16-06, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dcprules
I ordered Anastasia from Amazon, and just so you know it does come with the free Ice Age ticket (child, upwards of $6.50) inside the box. If that was a deterent for not ordering from Amazon, it is included. Great price on what looks like a teriffic set.
GREAT NEWS! Looks like I can save myself about $10 by buying these three from Amazon, and returning the others to Wal-mart.
Old 03-16-06, 09:54 PM

It's funny that Ice Age Super Cool Edition (just released) is in the $9.97 list down from $11.99 or $12.99. Amazon doesn't say if they give you the free Ice Age 2 movie ticket either, but from the post above they obviously do. What's even more confusing is that Circuit City listed it was for a child but Best Buy's ad did not. For adults with no children, getting a child's ticket is pretty useless. Of course this lack of info seems to be par for the course at Amazon because they long ago dropped most of the useful technical details so sometimes you can't even tell how many discs are included. I didn't bother with this Ice Age re-release because I already have the previous Ice Age 2 DVD edition and I have yet to find any reviews that compare the differences (I'm too lazy to compare the extras line by line on my own).

Several of the Fox titles appear to be the older 1 DVD editions (Man on Fire, AvP, I Robot) instead of the 2 DVD editions from Fox's obligatory double dips. Many of these titles were already on sale at Amazon (either at $9.97 or $7.47), so it looks like they just changed the list a bit.

Last edited by Manzana; 03-16-06 at 10:01 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.